Today my BB Classis will arrive in the mail and I will be switching from an iPhone 6+. As an original BB user, then switching to an iOS environment for the last 5 years, I am anxious about the switch and will post updates on my reactions. I use my phone 99% for business emails and messaging so the BB seems like a no brainer.

Wish me luck!
    04-07-15 06:29 AM
    LOL! So much for autocorrect!!! Seems like I type like a 2 yar old! Just another reason I cannot wait to get my thumbs on the Classic keyboard.
    04-07-15 06:35 AM
    Enjoy ur new phone. Give it time for the transition if u have not used OS10 before.

Posted via Classic
    thymaster likes this.
    04-07-15 06:57 AM
    Enjoy that fine new phone. The Classic is a real wonder. BB10 is a fine OS.
    thymaster likes this.
    04-07-15 07:26 AM
    Welcome back to BlackBerry! I too tried the 6+ after my office tried to convert over but was elated when they quickly switched back to our old BlackBerry platform. I agree with the previous writer that you have to give the os10 a little break in period if you have never used os10 but it will come very swiftly. Go on UTUBE and look for the Crackberry videos on the OS10 changes as well as the Crackberry site and you'll move on to it with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:36 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry! The 6+ has it's strong points but for getting things done, BB10 can't be beat!

Please take your time to break it in and then keep us posted with your experience!

Also, don't be afraid to ask questions. People around here love to help!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 07:52 AM
    LOL! So much for autocorrect!!! Seems like I type like a 2 yar old! Just another reason I cannot wait to get my thumbs on the Classic keyboard.
    Nah you don't type like a 2 year old but you sure are as excited as a 2 year old kid waiting for a sweet treat!

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-07-15 07:59 AM
    Welcome, and say goodbye to all those annoying typos!

From a Classic
    04-07-15 08:02 AM
    Switched back to BlackBerry with the the release of the classic, was several galaxy phones for the three years prior. I have not regretted it yet, great phone and OS!

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-07-15 08:14 AM
    Welcome to the Blackberry Family.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 09:21 AM
    Been a long time BlackBerry user and was finally able to upgrade from the Q10 into the classic yesterday. I absolutely love this phone! Not saying I wouldn't get the Passport if I wasn't on Verizon but I absolutely love the look at feel of the Classic. Personally I think BlackBerry should never make a smaller device when it comes to their Qwerty models.

BlackBerry for life.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and mk2234 like this.
    04-07-15 09:34 AM
    Good luck with the classic
    04-07-15 09:42 AM
    Nice one OP. Have fun with your new BlackBerry

Posted by my fabulous red Passport
    04-07-15 04:28 PM
    Welcome back to the "Family"...enjoy a great device!
    04-07-15 04:34 PM
    Enjoy the Classic, it's a great phone. Out of interest, what about the iphone 6 plus didn't you like besides the keyboard?

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    04-07-15 04:36 PM
    Good luck with the adaption to the BlackBerry 10 OS.
    If you use you phone for e mail etc, you will be amazed

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-07-15 04:51 PM
    I traded my iPhone 6 for a Classic. Awesome phone. Enjoy

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 05:20 PM
    Wow what awesome replys from everyone! Thank you! This is now officially my first post on the Classic. It is a fantastic device. The keyboard is by all means the best and that didn't surprise me. My thumbs are definitely taking a little time tapping back into its muscle memory.

The thing I've appreciated most so far (aside from the keyboard) is how diligent this device is on putting your alerts right in your face. I am in sales so this helps me not drop the ball on anything. Or so I can see how it will help.

You guys are right about the OS. It's beautiful but very different. There is also a little lag going from step to step but I find it acceptable. It does however take some getting used to.

I will hang in there for two weeks then make my final decision.

As for the iphone six, it's also a beautiful piece of technology but what I didn't love was how slippery it was. Other than that it was really about the timelessness of the classic and it's unapologetic functionality. I think it speaks volumes about the device that I sought it out for 'it' and not because I was unhappy with my other phone.

Thanks everyone!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 02:48 PM
    The lag will hopefully dissapear when BlackBerry finaly optimizes the OS totally.
    The swipe gestures and effects should get touch priority all the way...

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 03:08 PM
    Congrats on your Classic. I bought one unlocked for my Dad for his birthday and enjoyed setting it up and playing with it. I really, really like the back button and trackpad a lot in addition to the PKB. I have a Passport but had no trouble adjusting to the smaller PKB.
    04-08-15 06:57 PM
    Sell me the 6+
    04-08-15 08:33 PM
    Another observation and final thought for the evening: As I've been handling both my BlackBerry and iphone- iphone 6 plus is just not manageable with a human hand. Again- it's a very awesome device. Just so hard to handle. I have an iPad mini which I will keep for playing in an iOS environment.

More to come as the journey continues and thanks for following.

BTW I would sell my iphone but my company owns it

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    04-08-15 10:32 PM
    Another observation and final thought for the evening: As I've been handling both my BlackBerry and iphone- iphone 6 plus is just not manageable with a human hand. Again- it's a very awesome device. Just so hard to handle. I have an iPad mini which I will keep for playing in an iOS environment.

More to come as the journey continues and thanks for following.

BTW I would sell my iphone but my company owns it

Posted via CB10
    The iPhone 6+ is 5.5 inches so it's a big device, like the LG G3, and other phablets... The iPhone 6 is much more manageable at 4.7", imho, for mobile use.

Personally, I think the middle ground sweet spot is between 4.2 - 5" for a mobile device. It's just enough screen real estate to be manageable without being unwieldy.
    04-08-15 10:43 PM
    If apple releases another 4" iphone that's got as good or better battery life with a thinner chassis than the 5s, I'm back to iOS. Bye bye BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 11:06 PM
    To help you out, here's a big list of keyboard shortcuts:

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...ard-shortcuts/

There are actually a few more shortcuts not listed, such as Alt + U to mark Hub E-mails as Read/Unread.

Keep in mind that you can customize your own Home/App screen shortcuts by going into Settings -> Shortcuts and Speed Dial. These shortcuts will make your efficiency of operation even better, and largely negate the need to scroll around looking for often-used actions or apps. You can also just start typing on the Home screen to look for something or perform an action.

Also, the new BlackBerries' OS takes a few days to settle in. You should see improvement in battery life and less minor lag after 2-4 days.

Feel free to ask any questions about how to make your use even faster and more efficient. OS10 is chock-full of alternate ways to do things and subtle goodies.

From a Classic
    Maksimfa and MrClassic like this.
    04-09-15 07:56 AM
36 12