07-15-15 01:39 PM
76 123 ...
tools
    Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 09:37 AM
    Enjoy.
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    07-10-15 09:37 AM
    and it feels like I've come home to the traditional BlackBerry that I've known all these years...
    Of course, the word "upgraded" is my personal opinion only. The passport is still the best for other users.
    But because I came from a long line of Bolds, I just had to have my fourth keyboard row.
    After using my passport (will be on ebay soon), it's a huge sigh of relief going to a classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 09:40 AM
    I absolutely love the Classic. To date my favorite BB10 device... Hope you enjoy it!

Posted via CB10
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    07-10-15 09:40 AM
    I still think the 9900 had the best feel in the hand thanks to the sculptured back, but hey we can't have it all right? LOL!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 09:42 AM
    and it feels like I've come home to the traditional BlackBerry that I've known all these years...
    Of course, the word "upgraded" is my personal opinion only. The passport is still the best for other users.
    But because I came from a long line of Bolds, I just had to have my fourth keyboard row.
    After using my passport (will be on ebay soon), it's a huge sigh of relief going to a classic.

Posted via CB10
    Agree 100%... While undisputedly the Passport yields the processing power that the Classic just won't touch, the device itself was awkward, too large to be a practical device for me anyways and the keyboard, while innovative, is just not as comfortable as the Classic's/Bold line... Definitely the ONLY BB10 device that's pleased me...

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 09:44 AM
    I still think the 9900 had the best feel in the hand thanks to the sculptured back, but hey we can't have it all right? LOL!

Posted via CB10
    I still use a 9900 as my secondary device on my second line... Still my messaging beast of choice... (it was my primary device up until the Classic rolled out, I had toggled between the Q10, Z10 and Z30, but each one I hated and reverted back to my Bold) The 9900 is second only to the 9000's keyboard... Bold line can't be beat, the Classic does a fantastic job of recreating the excellence however... I am happy anyways...

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 09:51 AM
    You got me thinking to go out and get a classic and see for myself.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-10-15 10:23 AM
    You got me thinking to go out and get a classic and see for myself.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    I've been wandering for months!! Finally made the jump today. It's just great to type without using the virtual keys, no searching, no guessing. And I feel zero slowdown, it's as fast or feels even faster actually!
    CivilDissident likes this.
    07-10-15 10:27 AM
    Once the tool belt really grows on you, nothing else ever feels quite as efficient.
    07-10-15 11:11 AM
    Hate to be the sourpuss! But I lasted a week with the classic. I went back to the Passport due to a few observations: battery life, process speed, SC reen size, and the screen clarity! I just couldn't get it to suit my needs. It really was too small. I use my device to manage my customer appointment schedule and contact data base viavgmail and Google calendar!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-10-15 11:32 AM
    Hate to be the sourpuss! But I lasted a week with the classic. I went back to the Passport due to a few observations: battery life, process speed, SC reen size, and the screen clarity! I just couldn't get it to suit my needs. It really was too small. I use my device to manage my customer appointment schedule and contact data base viavgmail and Google calendar!

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    The size is what I love about the Classic... Phablets aren't my thing... Portability and keyboard comfort mean more than screen real estate to me... The processor speed isn't much of a factor for me as I only use my mobile devices for messaging/light browser tasks and heavy email/SMS usage... I have tablets and a laptop for all other needs should they arrive... The battery life on the Classic easily gives me 24hrs + with heavy use which is more than reasonable (although the removable battery would have pleased me even more).

The Passport fits certain needs for certain folks while the Classic is pure perfection for others... BlackBerry's device diversity is a trait i've always loved about the brand...

Posted via CB10
    anon(4077577) and lactose like this.
    07-10-15 11:39 AM
    I've been thinking on picking up the classic as well. Currently using the AT&T Passport.
    Just to give it a whirl. I will miss the flick to type though, I know that much.

Via Passport via CB10
    07-10-15 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    still thinking of getting a classic myself maybe in blue, have to say a did love my bold as well
    07-10-15 12:29 PM
    I have both and like them both. Different tools for different jobs. PP is a browsing powerhouse, for example. But there's no way it would be best suited for a single handed quick "text reply to Mumbai" while running to catch bus with briefcase in hand. Classic is the best BB10 device for single handed situations, IMO. Maybe even the second best device ever, IMO.
    07-10-15 12:59 PM
    I have had both the Passport and Classic since they launched, and I can only last a couple weeks with the Classic. My biggest issue is the blue highlighting from the trackpad. It makes apps like iGrann and inst10 pretty much unusable since it puts a blue highlight on the pics. I like the overall size, and the keyboard is ok, but I always find myself missing the touch keyboard. Not to mention the Passport's screen. If there was a way to turn off the trackpad, then it might be a different story. The only time I find it useful is for editing text. I love the rest of the toolbelt though.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-10-15 02:30 PM
    My biggest issue is the blue highlighting from the trackpad. It makes apps like iGrann and inst10 pretty much unusable since it puts a blue highlight on the pics.
    I don't use instagram nor Facebook, but I agree the blue highlight IS annoying and definitely unnecessary... A quick fix is to simply 'park' the cursor somewhere and scroll with your finger... (as demonstrated with my Twitter feed, parked the cursor on the Search icon and scrolled... rids the screen of the blue highlight)

Finally "upgraded" from Passport to Classic-img_20150710_154911.png

Posted via CB10
    anon(4077577) and Avenzuno like this.
    07-10-15 02:52 PM
    Looking at specs and keyboard that is a downgrade not upgrade but glad you like it. Thats all that matters.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 03:03 PM
    Looking at specs and keyboard that is a downgrade not upgrade but glad you like it. Thats all that matters.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with you. That's why I put "upgrade" I'm inverted commas. But it's a true example of what works best for different people. I spend all my time rushing emails on my handset.
    Will miss my capacitive keyboard of the pp tho...
    07-10-15 06:12 PM
    I'm a long time Blackberry fan. Own the Passport and will probably get the Classic as well.
    07-10-15 06:58 PM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blue Classic looks very tempting!!!

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and extisis like this.
    07-10-15 07:11 PM
    I love my Classic and my only regret is not getting it right when it came to Shop BlackBerry. I instead waited for it to come to T-Mobile, so now I use it or my Passport. They're different and it's hard for me to really decide which I like better.
    07-10-15 07:15 PM
    I have a passport for personal and a classic for work and being a bold keyboard lover I am having a very hard time going back and forth between the devices. I've had the passport since launch and honestly took forever for me to adapt to the keyboard but I think I may actually be faster on the passport keyboard now than I can be on the classic.

The classic has an amazing hand feel and I love the excessive weight to it. The screen size bothers me a bit but once I adapt I'm good. It's really the specs that I find bogging down the device. I have literally no apps on the phone since it's a work phone and I only use it for email and phone. That said I find it lags at times and have actually had it freeze once for about 20 seconds. (I've had the phone a month)
    The classic is a fantastic form factor but I find even just for business use its just too slow. I love my passport and my classic but my passport has my heart.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-10-15 08:01 PM
    I may consider the newer Classic 2 when they upgrade its guts. For now, I'm thrilled with my Passport

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 09:25 PM
    I also upgraded to the classic from a passport. That feeling you describe. I know exactly what you mean. Love it!!
    Last edited by velkod; 07-11-15 at 01:59 PM.
    07-10-15 10:04 PM
76 123 ...