Dude the passport has better specs, a better screen (especially for reading) and the keyboard works as a mini-curser at times.).

If you think the classic is better than the passport, you are dreaming LOL.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    I also have a Passport. I'm WELL aware of its strengths. My company has a 600hp Peterbilt that will carry 80,000lb coast to coast. So what? How often do i need to carry 80,000 lb?? My 300hp Vette will run circles around it while making me HAPPY to drive it. Grab your Passport, pick up your briefcase, and reply to a text while running to the bus... then do the same with a Classic. WHICH is "better"... ???
    CivilDissident likes this.
    07-12-15 10:44 AM
    I also have a Passport. I'm WELL aware of its strengths. My company has a 600hp Peterbilt that will carry 80,000lb coast to coast. So what? How often do i need to carry 80,000 lb?? My 300hp Vette will run circles around it while making me HAPPY to drive it. Grab your Passport, pick up your briefcase, and reply to a text while running to the bus... then do the same with a Classic. WHICH is "better"... ???
    idssteve, best we end it here. Clearly Caitlin is a12 year old kid who doesn't even have a Passport or Classic....
    (update) will keep both devices, the Classic as the daily and the Passport in the laptop bag as a backup with a second line.

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    07-13-15 02:22 AM
    idssteve, best we end it here. Clearly Caitlin is a12 year old kid who doesn't even have a Passport or Classic....
    (update) will keep both devices, the Classic as the daily and the Passport in the laptop bag as a backup with a second line.

I don't have a Passport? OK

Finally "upgraded" from Passport to Classic-img_20150713_174921.png

Dude, I use my Passport in one hand all the time. I text one-handed all the time really. In fact I'm typing this message only my right thumb right now with my left hand in my pocket.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    07-13-15 02:51 AM
    Finally "upgraded" from Passport to Classic-lamborghini-aventador.jpg

look, I uploaded a picture of (my?) aventador...

ok looks like I've reduced myself to your level.
    please have a read of the gist of a thread before commenting.
    We were all saying that the classic although lower in specs, seem to work better for SOME people. When you grow up and learn the meaning of "inverted commas" please reflect and feel like a jackass.
    The rest of us, well we have some serious things we'd rather be spending time on.
    Laterz.

07-13-15 04:41 AM
    So I did it... had a passport now for a couple months but coming from a q10 I always wondered about the classic... picked one up crazy cheap on ebay and took the plunge. I'm so glad I did!

That's not saying there is anything at all wrong with the passport... it's a supurb device.

But the 4 row keyboard and more one handedability is the winner here for me.

Feeling really at home on the keyboard too.

When it comes to bb10 it's not about cores and ram... save that for android. Chose your style and form factor, because blackberry doesn't make you sacrifice those things for a decent running phone.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    07-13-15 08:02 AM
    and it feels like I've come home to the traditional BlackBerry that I've known all these years...
    Of course, the word "upgraded" is my personal opinion only. The passport is still the best for other users.
    But because I came from a long line of Bolds, I just had to have my fourth keyboard row.
    After using my passport (will be on ebay soon), it's a huge sigh of relief going to a classic.

Posted via CB10
    Just ordered my blue classic. Also using passport now. I have Some questions if you don't mind..

1. What's the battery life difference?
    2. Since classic processor is slower do you feel the difference in slowness on the basic application from the OS not third party apps?
    3. What OS version is your classic and passport?

I bought the classic because of the traditional key layout and the toolbelt function. But will do interchanges with the passport from time to time. Something is missing from passport or q10 compared to bold 9900 maybe I'll find that missing thing on the classic.

ThAnks

Posted via CB10
    anon(4077577) likes this.
    07-13-15 08:15 AM
    Just ordered my blue classic. Also using passport now. I have Some questions if you don't mind..

2. Since classic processor is slower do you feel the difference in slowness on the basic application from the OS not third party apps?

I bought the classic because of the traditional key layout and the toolbelt function. But will do interchanges with the passport from time to time. Something is missing from passport or q10 compared to bold 9900 maybe I'll find that missing thing on the classic.

ThAnks

Posted via CB10
    welcome to the Passport+Classic dual ownership
    from my using of both devices ;
    1. The passport certainly has enough battery juice to jumpstart your car. That said, I think if it's just core usage (ie phone/emails/messaging) the Classic is quite hefty in fuel.
    2. This one surprised me! Perhaps I expected the Classic to be slow, and was pleasantly surprised. To me, it felt as fast or faster (which probably is impossible). There is no lag whatsoever. And often I have to enter numbers, which means its just a natural hold down of the alt key. Fast.
    3. 10.3.2.2226 on my pp, and 10.3.2.something on my classic (it's downstairs in the TV room)

Posted via CB10
    lysskr likes this.
    07-13-15 08:22 AM

ThAnks

Posted via CB10
    I know what you mean about that missing feeling. Hopefully the classic will bring some of that back for you. Sadly, for me, it hasn't fully. I still second guess some key actions even on the classic, whereas in the 9900 everything was second nature. It shows my age perhaps, but the 9900 was an epic phone, and abit of BlackBerry died with its retirement.

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    07-13-15 08:26 AM
    welcome to the Passport+Classic dual ownership
    from my using of both devices ;
    1. The passport certainly has enough battery juice to jumpstart your car. That said, I think if it's just core usage (ie phone/emails/messaging) the Classic is quite hefty in fuel.
    2. This one surprised me! Perhaps I expected the Classic to be slow, and was pleasantly surprised. To me, it felt as fast or faster (which probably is impossible). There is no lag whatsoever. And often I have to enter numbers, which means its just a natural hold down of the alt key. Fast.
    3. 10.3.2.2226 on my pp, and 10.3.2.something on my classic (it's downstairs in the TV room)

Posted via CB10
    Thank you now will just be patient and wait for my classic to arrive. Oh also the look of the classic is very traditional blackberry which I miss.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 08:28 AM
    Dude, I use my Passport in one hand all the time. I text one-handed all the time really. In fact I'm typing this message only my right thumb right now with my left hand in my pocket.
    I single hand Passport also. I single hand Z30, too. Having used all three, i can say Classic is the best at that. Especially for overall operation, including answering and reliably ending calls, etc... My opinion, obviously. Your mileage obviously varies.
    Diversity is a wondrous thing!
    07-13-15 02:48 PM
    I single hand Passport also. I single hand Z30, too. Having used all three, i can say Classic is the best at that. Especially for overall operation, including answering and reliably ending calls, etc... My opinion, obviously. Your mileage obviously varies.
    Diversity is a wondrous thing!
    No way I could single hand a Passport... The Classic is almost (or maybe even IS) a little too big for one-handed messaging... Even with two hands, the Passport was too large to make it comfortable to use...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 07-13-15 at 06:37 PM.
    07-13-15 03:31 PM
    Seriously looking at the Classic(especially since the blue version came out). I've been using BBs since 2005. Tried the iThing and the Android thing then came to my senses and got Q10. Loved that phone and BB OS10 but with the introduction of the Passport it saw its way to the desk drawer. I love my Passport as it is a workhorse. Love the screen, mastered the keyboard. The only thing I disliked about them, and all touch screens, is that they are a fingerprint magnet. I find it very annoying to have to clean the screen so often (maybe I have over oily fingers). I miss the days of a smudgeless screen. Played with the Classic and it seems the toolbelt reduces this. Is this your experience Classic owners?

Thanks!
    07-13-15 10:46 PM
    No way I could single hand a Passport... The Classic is almost (or maybe even IS) a little too big for one-handed messaging... Even with two hands, the Passport was too large to make it comfortable to use...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, my hands are probably a little larger than average and the four letter word "can't" is nowhere in my vocabulary. That said, being able to do it and enjoying doing it are two very different things.
    07-13-15 11:25 PM
    Seriously looking at the Classic(especially since the blue version came out). I've been using BBs since 2005. Tried the iThing and the Android thing then came to my senses and got Q10. Loved that phone and BB OS10 but with the introduction of the Passport it saw its way to the desk drawer. I love my Passport as it is a workhorse. Love the screen, mastered the keyboard. The only thing I disliked about them, and all touch screens, is that they are a fingerprint magnet. I find it very annoying to have to clean the screen so often (maybe I have over oily fingers). I miss the days of a smudgeless screen. Played with the Classic and it seems the toolbelt reduces this. Is this your experience Classic owners?

Thanks!
    Yes, track nav greatly reduces need for touching the screen. Toolbelt reduces touches even further. I NEVER touch the screen on my 9900 and even have a lock app modified to keep it "off". Classic's OS isn't really optimized for track so I wind up interacting with its touch occasionally. Dunno about other folks but my thumb just doesn't reach the far corners of these monster screens. It also makes a better door than it does a window. Track nav, and especially Toolbelt, keeps my big fat thumb off the screen and out of the way of seeing that screen. The SAME reason i use a three+ button mouse on my PC.
    Peter Johnson4 likes this.
    07-14-15 07:19 AM
    Yes, track nav greatly reduces need for touching the screen. Toolbelt reduces touches even further. I NEVER touch the screen on my 9900 and even have a lock app modified to keep it "off". Classic's OS isn't really optimized for track so I wind up interacting with its touch occasionally. Dunno about other folks but my thumb just doesn't reach the far corners of these monster screens. It also makes a better door than it does a window. Track nav, and especially Toolbelt, keeps my big fat thumb off the screen and out of the way of seeing that screen. The SAME reason i use a three+ button mouse on my PC.
    I think that was what made the 9900 a legendary phone. I too NEVER had to touch the screen. That's was the masterpiece of it. Geez, I must be too old-fashioned!!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 07:26 AM
    I think that was what made the 9900 a legendary phone. I too NEVER had to touch the screen. That's was the masterpiece of it. Geez, I must be too old-fashioned!!

Posted via CB10
    When making sense becomes "old-fashioned", humanity will have become infantile. Makes no sense to me to use two hands for ANYthing one hand can do the same job. There were days on end that my right hand NEVER touched my 9900. THAT is single handed operation. Classic comes close but not quite as comfortable. PP is decidedly uncomfortable.

Oversized glass is the current market. What will the future be?? My crystal ball is no clearer than anyone else's but there are at least a few of us who see the sense of track nav and toolbelt.
    07-14-15 10:42 AM
    Classic's physical "END" key provides that added measure of "warm fuzzy" when you REALLY need to assure the call is ended and the party isn't still listening. A privacy issue that the industry at large hasn't recognized... Yet.

My company lost a BIG client due to failure to successfully end a call on a Q10. Long story, but I can visualize similar privacy issues for legal, medical, etc ..

Needles to say, our Classic's end key gets multiple presses after each call...
    To be fair I am guessing the client was lost because of something someone said that they shouldn't have and they got caught.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    07-14-15 12:04 PM
    To be fair I am guessing the client was lost because of something someone said that they shouldn't have and they got caught.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    I'm sure that's happened also by someone but that client was bidding on the same project as another client of ours. He stayed online and listened long enough to hear his order being processed and was able to learn too much of his competitor's bid. Being an honest person, he hung up and called me and explained his justifiable concern that it just as easily could have been his competitor listening to the order process. He disqualified himself from that bid and went to our major competitor for about half a year. Knowing we'd returned to our 9900's is a big part of what brought him back to us, later in the year. We'd laughed it off for the first several times it happened, usually between coworkers or family members, but this time drove the point.

My brother also had an experience with his X and her lawyer that really could have been a big problem under less amicable conditions. I just don't believe the industry has adequately considered these implications.
    07-14-15 12:20 PM
    Thanks to all commenting on the pros of having the tool belt.

My hands are small so I likely will have to use two hands at times if I get the classic. Oddly I was more a fan of the trackball on my 8100 and 9000 than my 9900, but doing things one handed was a big functional plus.

Will likely be pulling the trigger in the very near future.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 06:59 PM
    Thanks to all commenting on the pros of having the tool belt.

My hands are small so I likely will have to use two hands at times if I get the classic. Oddly I was more a fan of the trackball on my 8100 and 9000 than my 9900, but doing things one handed was a big functional plus.

Will likely be pulling the trigger in the very near future.

Posted via CB10
    Don't even get me started on the 9000 trackball!!!
    If they brought that back, i'll be the happiest person!!
    That thing was BlackBerry in a nutshell.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 07:11 PM
    Trackballs were good and positive when they worked. Required routine cleaning and replacing tho. I used to carry about 3 spare trackball assemblies everywhere. Easy to swap. Touch it with a slightly oily thumb and good luck! Hard to beat reliability of trackPAD, tho.
    07-14-15 07:49 PM
    Trackballs were good and positive when they worked. Required routine cleaning and replacing tho. I used to carry about 3 spare trackball assemblies everywhere. Easy to swap. Touch it with a slightly oily thumb and good luck! Hard to beat reliability of trackPAD, tho.
    I hear you.
    I remember too having keyboard assemblies as spare.
    Not because they were crap, but from the thousands of emails written on the BlackBerry because it was such a joy to type on.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 11:30 PM
    I hear you.
    I remember too having keyboard assemblies as spare.
    Not because they were crap, but from the thousands of emails written on the BlackBerry because it was such a joy to type on.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Joyfully inviting. We go thru 9900 keyboards because of wearing the paint off of the keys. There's a box of them sitting on the breakroom table. 5 minute change out. None of us are looking forward to changing Classic KB...

Biggest problem we've had with 9900 trackpads is when they accumulate micro scratches and develop a case of "sun crazy" where they go nuts in sunlight. Easiest fix is change TP and KB as one assembly. $5 & 5 minutes. We'll see how it goes as we accumulate use on our Classics. No prob so far.
    07-14-15 11:46 PM
    the blue classic looks so sexy
    i'm tempted to trade my white passport for a blue classic.

but the passport is also very sexy, and it performs like a boss, as I run a lot of Android apps.
    My problem with the classic is that it has the same internal specs as a Q10, which I already have, and sometimes the performance would tank.
    But the hardware design of the classic makes my pants tight.

I mean, I already have a Galaxy S6 as my other phone, do I really need a Passport if I already have one of the most powerful devices on the market right now? That means it would be okay if I traded in my passport for a classic, since I'll still have my S6 if I'm worried about performance.

right guys?
    right!?!?!

does anyone know what would be the easiest way to get rid of my passport for a classic?
    do you think shop blackberry would allow me to return my device or do a trade even though it's been more than 30 days?
    Keep the Passport?!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    07-15-15 09:12 AM
    Keep the Passport?!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    I also suggest keeping the Passport.
    It's a powerhouse, no harm keeping it as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 09:51 AM
76 1234