Classic's physical "END" key provides that added measure of "warm fuzzy" when you REALLY need to assure the call is ended and the party isn't still listening. A privacy issue that the industry at large hasn't recognized... Yet.

My company lost a BIG client due to failure to successfully end a call on a Q10. Long story, but I can visualize similar privacy issues for legal, medical, etc ..

Needles to say, our Classic's end key gets multiple presses after each call...
    velkod and CivilDissident like this.
    07-11-15 12:34 AM
    will give it a decent try for a week, afterwhich either my passport will be for sale, or the classic.... LOL!

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident likes this.
    07-11-15 02:05 AM
    No regrets here. I carry 2 devices with me at all times.

Sent from my Tab S
    07-11-15 02:57 AM
    Agree with you. That's why I put "upgrade" I'm inverted commas. But it's a true example of what works best for different people. I spend all my time rushing emails on my handset.
    Will miss my capacitive keyboard of the pp tho...
    Yeah, it's funny how much you miss the capacitive keyboard for scrolling. A trackpad just doesn't cut it.

That said, yeah the Classic truly is the better overall experience. Just wish it had the specs.
    07-11-15 05:42 AM
    I couldn't live with a three-row BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:26 AM
    No regrets here. I carry 2 devices with me at all times.

Sent from my Tab S
    Same here... My Black Classic on one line, my beloved 9900 still faithfully chugging away on my second line... Now I have the Blue Classic kind of up in the air as to what I want to do with it though... A 3rd line would be a bit excessive... Two Classics a tad redundant... Quite the conundrum...

Posted via CB10
    zocster likes this.
    07-11-15 10:26 AM
    Yeah, it's funny how much you miss the capacitive keyboard for scrolling. A trackpad just doesn't cut it.

That said, yeah the Classic truly is the better overall experience. Just wish it had the specs.
    Passport's keyboard is innovative, creative and interesting, but overall uncomfortable.. Especially if you have tiny hands like I do... The Passport was VERY uncomfortable to use, the typing not nearly as perfectly crafted as Classic's... Passport's girth hinders the keyboard in my opinion... I wasn't into the 3 row keyboard either... Just not my style... But I've read many devoted PP lovers who find the typing experience magical, so hey whatever works... Diversity is coded deeply in human nature...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:30 AM
    the blue classic looks so sexy
    i'm tempted to trade my white passport for a blue classic.

but the passport is also very sexy, and it performs like a boss, as I run a lot of Android apps.
    My problem with the classic is that it has the same internal specs as a Q10, which I already have, and sometimes the performance would tank.
    But the hardware design of the classic makes my pants tight.

I mean, I already have a Galaxy S6 as my other phone, do I really need a Passport if I already have one of the most powerful devices on the market right now? That means it would be okay if I traded in my passport for a classic, since I'll still have my S6 if I'm worried about performance.

right guys?
    right!?!?!

does anyone know what would be the easiest way to get rid of my passport for a classic?
    do you think shop blackberry would allow me to return my device or do a trade even though it's been more than 30 days?
    07-11-15 10:38 AM
    the blue classic looks so sexy
    i'm tempted to trade my white passport for a blue classic.

but the passport is also very sexy, and it performs like a boss, as I run a lot of Android apps.
    My problem with the classic is that it has the same internal specs as a Q10, which I already have, and sometimes the performance would tank.
    But the hardware design of the classic makes my pants tight.

I mean, I already have a Galaxy S6 as my other phone, do I really need a Passport if I already have one of the most powerful devices on the market right now? That means it would be okay if I traded in my passport for a classic, since I'll still have my S6 if I'm worried about performance.

right guys?
    right!?!?!

does anyone know what would be the easiest way to get rid of my passport for a classic?
    do you think shop blackberry would allow me to return my device or do a trade even though it's been more than 30 days?
    I had the Q10 and hated it... While it 'tanked' and the specs may be the same, the Classic performs better and I have not had the issues I did while using the Q10... The Classic, I personally feel, is in many ways an upgrade to the Q10... I know a few of the Q10 owners feel otherwise, a lot of former Q10 users are now feeling the Classic love... While the Passport is a processing beast especially if you are running Android apps, I wouldn't ditch the Classic for the Passport in your case as you'd probably be very unhappy... But if you replaced the Q10 with the Classic you'll probably be very pleasantly surprised!

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:44 AM
    I think you are out of luck with the return, but the 'easiest' way would probably be to perform a barter using CrackBerry's market place... I'm sure you could work a swap or deal instantly...

Posted via CB10
    donutgrunt likes this.
    07-11-15 10:46 AM
    Passport's keyboard is innovative, creative and interesting, but overall uncomfortable.. Especially if you have tiny hands like I do... The Passport was VERY uncomfortable to use, the typing not nearly as perfectly crafted as Classic's... Passport's girth hinders the keyboard in my opinion... I wasn't into the 3 row keyboard either... Just not my style... But I've read many devoted PP lovers who find the typing experience magical, so hey whatever works... Diversity is coded deeply in human nature...

Posted via CB10
    Girth can be a hindrance now and again...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 10:47 AM
    Also, if anyone is interested in trading their Blue Classic for my White Passport, I'm interested
    07-11-15 03:01 PM
    You got me thinking to go out and get a classic and see for myself.

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    Did it, great decision. Although it is taking me quite some time to get used to the keyboard.
    07-11-15 06:14 PM
    2C01B9BA

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 11:11 PM
    I can't understand why the Q10 feels so much slower if it has the same specs as the Classic. Amongst the 13 BlackBerrys I've had, including the Z10, Z30, Q10, PP and Classic, the Q10 was really really slow. Of course nothing compares to the piece of crap that the playbook was. I nearly threw it out the window a few times, but thought it won't be good for my anger management. The Z30 i must admit is pretty damn good.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 12:04 AM
    In my personal opinion, the Classic feels as fast and at times faster than my passport. But I'm talking about pure messaging only, as I don't use apps/games. Text input and manipulation of course there's no guessing who the winner is.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 12:06 AM
    I went Passport-to-Classic as well, and it felt like an upgrade to me too! The Classic is now my main phone, and I relegated my Passport to backup. I carry both in my handbag at all times, though.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 12:18 AM
    I went Passport-to-Classic as well, and it felt like an upgrade to me too! The Classic is now my main phone, and I relegated my Passport to backup. I carry both in my handbag at all times, though.

Posted via CB10
    I know handbags carry a whole lot of things, but two state of the art BlackBerrys!? That's dedication, LOL!

Posted via CB10
    lysskr likes this.
    07-12-15 12:21 AM
    Upgraded?

More like a downgrade, lol!
    07-12-15 02:01 AM
    Upgraded?

More like a downgrade, lol!
    read the thread ffs
    i have a passport too, so pls read through or stfu..

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 02:31 AM
    I do apologise for that outburst of extreme proportions.
    Got to change my medication.

...eleven BlackBerrys and counting....
    07-12-15 03:17 AM

I also get a little fed up with unhelpful trolls who obviously have no interest in owning, using or helping to use a Classic. It's been that way since Classic/Q20 forum started. If they feel their device is so superior, WHY do they waste time trolling around HERE?? !! Idk. I don't get it.

Just to flame back a little, stripping BB's of their Toolbelt is a down grade. Set side by side, Q10 and Passport resemble ancient 6200s, IMO. Lol.

SOME of us argued for better specs and were shouted down a year ago. Here we are.
    Last edited by idssteve; 07-12-15 at 06:53 AM.
    07-12-15 06:40 AM
    Oh year , me tooooo !
    07-12-15 08:28 AM

Forget the meds... Twas an artfully crafted reply! Being blatantly forward is an endearing trait... Own it! Don't suppress it!

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    07-12-15 09:32 AM
    I also get a little fed up with unhelpful trolls who obviously have no interest in owning, using or helping to use a Classic. It's been that way since Classic/Q20 forum started. If they feel their device is so superior, WHY do they waste time trolling around HERE?? !! Idk. I don't get it.

Just to flame back a little, stripping BB's of their Toolbelt is a down grade. Set side by side, Q10 and Passport resemble ancient 6200s, IMO. Lol.

SOME of us argued for better specs and were shouted down a year ago. Here we are.
    Dude the passport has better specs, a better screen (especially for reading) and the keyboard works as a mini-curser at times.).

If you think the classic is better than the passport, you are dreaming LOL.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    07-12-15 10:17 AM
76 1234