Well, 3rd times a charm.

First one I purchased from BlackBerry and it had major keyboard backlight bleed, screen backlight bleed and a large gap between the toolbelt and screen on the left (which I coincidentally also seen light bleed there). I returned it.

Second I purchased from a guy on Kijiji, sealed, he got gifted at work. It had the A and backspace keys feel much stiffer than and didn't click. Also significant paint chipped of the top of my space key.

He agreed to get a replacement through work, brand new and got it today...It's perfect and I finally feel great about my Classic and my red Passport is resting in my drawer.

I will admit, lots to go back to the originally qwerty (feels cramped vs Passport) and screen is way smaller (so got to get used to the scrolling)!

Anyeays, happy camper! Got the Pouch on the way too.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 09:04 PM
    Glad to see you got one that's fine and dandy. Enjoy your trackpad laden magical Classic!
    02-25-15 10:18 PM
    Nice, took me two tries!!
    02-25-15 11:57 PM
    Mine isn't perfect, yet nothing which is bothering me too much. However I still wish BlackBerry would be finally able to ramp up their QA levels. I've never seen other phone brands where the products seem to vary that much in terms of quality than they do with BlackBerry. Put aside the legendary iPhone 5 of course!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 03:39 AM
    Thanks guys, well, probably good reason that QC is more difficult with all the moving parts and clearances that come with the QWERTY.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    02-26-15 05:02 AM
    Mine is perfect. Bought direct on digital river Canada in december then shipped by a friend to me here in Spain. No problems at all, truly outstanding device. I tried none trackpad models but couldnt get into it so sent them all back (I tried) and continued with my trusty 9900. Classic has been the answer to all my requirements - and some.
    bigbadben10 and c diamond like this.
    02-26-15 04:24 PM
    Mine is perfect as well. Got mine from Amazon. (Need a case though but the Seido Combo is just so darn expensive!) Will definitely wait for the price to lower...

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:51 PM
    Bought mine on launch day. Was hard for me at first, now I love this device. Look to purchase an ATT Passport in March when my contract is up.

Ordered the Surface Combo from Seidio Saturday delivered today, but not home to see it.

I will be buying another for the PP

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 12:23 AM