So I ordered the Classic on Wednesday after a a bit of phone tag with T-Mobile reps and received it last night. I'm digging it so far!

The first thing I noticed was how huge it was

1. Keyboard, obviously
    2. The gestures are NICE and they're more intuitive than I previously assumed. I'm not sure how some people ended up having issues with it.
    3. The trackpad is sort of a plus. I hardly use it because the gestures are so effective, but it comes in handy when copying text or scrolling to edit within a word.
    4. Screen size, the width especially. I'm coming from an iPhone 6 that was too tall and wide as a touchscreen and an IP5 that was too narrow for portrait and too wide for landscape viewing. The Classic is a little bit big as well, but it's almost the perfect size for the websites I visit most often and the width is a big plus when using the keyboard.
    5. Badass browser that opens new tabs in the background automatically! I also noticed that it's more stable than Safari or even Mercury on the iphone. My BB could be idle for 10 minutes, but the pages haven't gone static like they usually do on my iphone. The browser doesn't crash either, but gifs are difficult to view.

1. Where did the themes go?? We need to bombard BlackBerry until we get our themes back.
    2. Gestures/track pad duo. I prefer touching the screen, but I find the track pad to be easier to use when scrolling a document or in the browser. The only issues are that the track pad is tiny and the movements for the track pad are the complete opposite of the gestures.
    3. Aspect ratio for videos is inconvenient, but not a big deal
    4. BlackBerry Link isn't syncing well with my Mac: the pics sync from iPhoto instead of the general pictures folder. I'll need to tinker around with it for a bit.
    5. I haven't found a way to transfer iMessages over yet

I wasn't sure if this should mke the pro or con list, but the camera isn't as bad as some people said it was. Here's a photo I took of Central Park during lunch time. It isn't the best, but it's still just a phone.

Anyway, I'm happy I made the change. Now I'm going to tweet John Chen until we have those themes back.
    Attached Thumbnails Finally got my Classic! - initial impressions-img_20150515_134210.jpg  
    05-15-15 09:23 PM
    Congrats.. enjoy your new Classic.

*Don't hold your breath waiting for themes though, likely won't happen.
    ponpiri likes this.
    05-15-15 09:27 PM
    Congrats on your classic. Now you can get passport!

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    05-15-15 09:33 PM
    Nice overview. Picked up and played around with a Classic today. Damn it felt really good. I have been rocking my Passport since February and of course I am more than used to the size and its capabilities but I may just have to buy a Classic and use it daily for a few weeks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4
    ponpiri likes this.
    05-15-15 11:58 PM
    Congratulations!!! Have a great productive association with classic!!

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    05-16-15 12:03 AM
    Welcome to the dark side of Classic owners..

Posted via my awesome Classic
    ponpiri likes this.
    05-16-15 10:51 AM
    Congratulations on the purchase of your new BlackBerry Classic, it's a fantastic phone that is a joy to use.
    ponpiri likes this.
    05-16-15 10:58 AM
    Is T-mobile selling the Classic unlocked or locked (carrier branded)?
    ponpiri likes this.
    05-16-15 11:59 AM
    Enjoy your new Classic! Sounds like the screen ratio is perfect for you. I use both a Z30 and 6 Plus. Be sure your Mac does not have iPhoto as its default .jpg app.
    05-16-15 12:05 PM
    Welcome to the Classic life!

I just got one yesterday and it feels perfect to me. I got the Passport and think it's really awesome, but there's just something about the Classic keyboard and trackpad layout that I really like. Reminds me of the "old days" (a couple years ago haha)

I hope you like your Classic enough to stay.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:35 PM
    I got my classic last night after using the passport and leap for a bit. I must say this one is by far my favorite! Perfect size and I love the angled keys on this guy rather than the flat ones on the passport!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:48 PM
    Welcome to the Darkside and enjoy your new Classic as we do! Believe me I totally hear you about themes being absent on OS10 I miss them but I don't think that BlackBerry will ever bring them to us.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 01:04 PM
    Enjoy ur Classic. Had mine since January and really loving the phone. And I have been using my trackpad more now.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 04:52 PM