Went to the Trafford Centre this evening and went into a Car Phone Warehouse on the off chance that they may have a dummy Classic that I could look at to gauge the size. Turns out they went one better and had an actual model along with a Passport!

I really liked it.
    I thought the screen compared to a Q10 I used to have was a huge upgrade. I know it's not much of an upgrade size wise, but it seems to make quite a significant difference which was good.
    The track pad felt a little strange as it's pretty small I thought, it also seems to be set in a bit as the tool belt seems like it's pressed into the phone somewhat and then the screen is raised, which was interesting. Probably will take some getting used to.

Keypad felt nice and the hub was a joy to behold again (currently using an iPhone 6) and it really made me want one.

The only problem is, the colour. Over here in the UK we can obviously buy a white model and I had been waiting for it in white as I liked the idea of a white classic. Then I started to see photos people posted on here and other places of the white and I was leaning more towards the black as I felt it looked a bit more professional, slicker etc.
    Anyway, this display model was black but it looked rough. I mean, I know display models generally do get a bit beat up but this looked pretty bad. Like it was smudged and smeared with fingerprints and as strange as it sounds, I think black would show that up more. Over time, white will obviously show dirt worse than black, but I think black instantly shows up finger marks which then led me to ponder the white model again!

Tough one! Either way I loved what I saw! Just whether or not to pull the trigger now!
    05-14-15 05:07 PM
    Pull the trigger, you know you want to

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    05-14-15 05:18 PM
    I think white is generally less prone against "daily" smudges like fingerprints and dust particles. However I have to say the Classic, especially the back does pretty good, especially compared to Passport. The keys tend to get shinyy rather quickly though.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 06:38 AM
    Defo pull the trigger. Got the Classic a month back and abso love it.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 06:40 AM
    I have the black Classic. No smudges or fingerprints. Gorgeous phone. Love it and enjoying it. Been using the trackpad a lot too especially selecting texts etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 07:31 AM
    I have the black Classic. No smudges or fingerprints. Gorgeous phone. Love it and enjoying it. Been using the trackpad a lot too especially selecting texts etc.

Posted via CB10
    What's your secret? Mine is covered in smudges and finger prints lol

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 08:52 AM
    Ha yeah the black would definitely be more smudgy. I can tell that instantly.

I just don't know what to do. I kinda don't want to give up my iPhone but I want to move back to BB.
    If only I could have the best of both worlds!
    05-15-15 12:28 PM
    Ha yeah the black would definitely be more smudgy. I can tell that instantly.

I just don't know what to do. I kinda don't want to give up my iPhone but I want to move back to BB.
    If only I could have the best of both worlds!
    Ipad mini + classic?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:32 PM
    I don't think that would work.
    I did that with my Passport but ultimately, there are some apps on my phone that I just like to have anywhere. Like the Barclays mobile banking app, Instagram (yes yes I know all about the alternatives, but I just don't think they work as well and the Android version is a bit shaky on the square screen), Snapchat etc.

It's silly as I know that because I use these apps it'd be better for me to stick with the iPhone, but god damn, the hub and they keypad...!
    I guess it comes down to which is more important.
    05-15-15 12:37 PM
    I have the classic too. I got it yesterday from windmobile. I'll probably either sell the Q10 to a friend or keep it as a backup.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:06 PM
    I know the feeling just got mine 4 days ago and I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!!
    05-15-15 03:25 PM
    I don't think that would work.
    I did that with my Passport but ultimately, there are some apps on my phone that I just like to have anywhere. Like the Barclays mobile banking app, Instagram (yes yes I know all about the alternatives, but I just don't think they work as well and the Android version is a bit shaky on the square screen), Snapchat etc.

It's silly as I know that because I use these apps it'd be better for me to stick with the iPhone, but god damn, the hub and they keypad...!
    I guess it comes down to which is more important.
    You pretty much said it at the end
    And honestly, the brief time I had it, iGrann was a heck of a solid Instagram alternative. And it's Built for Blackberry.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-15-15 04:15 PM
    I used iGrann on my Passport and thought it was rubbish. And that was the Pro version. But it seemed that it was stretched because of the Passport's screen, which obviously wouldn't be an issue with the Classic. But uploading photos just wasn't the same. The official Instagram filters are much better than the iGrann alternatives, otherwise it wouldn't be so bad.

I just want the best of both worlds! If I could find a way to use 2 phones with one number and switch at will without losing WhatsApp chats etc then I would. But as it stands it's not possible. Guess I need to think about it more.

You pretty much said it at the end
    And honestly, the brief time I had it, iGrann was a heck of a solid Instagram alternative. And it's Built for Blackberry.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-15-15 04:26 PM
    Mine just gets smudgy on the screen and that is fixed with an easy swipe on pants, shirt, any cloth. I am still figuring a few things out but overall I just LOVE my Classic. At first I really missed the 9930 and old operating system but I am completely fine now, barring some knowledge I still have to acquire re the new operating system in general. Go for it!
    05-15-15 05:05 PM
    I used iGrann on my Passport and thought it was rubbish. And that was the Pro version. But it seemed that it was stretched because of the Passport's screen, which obviously wouldn't be an issue with the Classic. But uploading photos just wasn't the same. The official Instagram filters are much better than the iGrann alternatives, otherwise it wouldn't be so bad.

I just want the best of both worlds! If I could find a way to use 2 phones with one number and switch at will without losing WhatsApp chats etc then I would. But as it stands it's not possible. Guess I need to think about it more.
    What about Inst10? IGrann wasn't really developed with passport in mind.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 08:37 PM
    What about Inst10? IGrann wasn't really developed with passport in mind.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I think Inst10 come about since I had my Passport and it does look very good. I didn't like iGrann so I'd deifinitely invest in Inst10 just to see how I fared with it.

I just wish they'd get an official Instagram App. If they did that and sorted out a mobile banking app (Barclays that is, not BB) then I'd be there like a shot.
    05-16-15 04:05 AM
    What's your secret? Mine is covered in smudges and finger prints lol

Posted via CB10
    No clue, lol. As perplex as u r! OCD?? I wipe my phone a lot.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 08:21 AM
    Yeah I think Inst10 come about since I had my Passport and it does look very good. I didn't like iGrann so I'd deifinitely invest in Inst10 just to see how I fared with it.

I just wish they'd get an official Instagram App. If they did that and sorted out a mobile banking app (Barclays that is, not BB) then I'd be there like a shot.
    We need more bb10 people to request apps from their banks and companies like Facebook

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 11:06 AM
    Yeah I agree.
    It's such a shame that there is no Barclays Bank app when they support BB7 and there is an app for it on that?! But I know people tweeted Barclays last year several times and it went from 'coming soon' about s year and a half ago to 'no plans' for the app at all soon after that.

It's annoying. I work for Barclays and all of our managers use BB devices but they're not BB10.

To be honest, I think I'm going to pick a Classic up anyway at some point. I just am going to learn from my past mistakes and not sell my iPhone to get one. Instead I will keep both so I can swap between as and when it's required.

If it turns out that I end up using the BB more and the iPhone hardly gets a look in then I'll sell it and use the one device.
    05-16-15 11:42 AM
    I keep my Android (Z3 Compact) so I can swap between that and the Classic. Both are great handset

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:11 PM
    We need more bb10 people to request apps from their banks and companies like Facebook

Posted via CB10
    The Mobile 1 app store don't have a lot of banking apps? I have a little credit union and my banking app is on there.
    Most app developers aren't going to develop for BBY with little users.
    Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:22 PM
    The Mobile 1 app store don't have a lot of banking apps? I have a little credit union and my banking app is on there.
    Most app developers aren't going to develop for BBY with little users.
    Posted via CB10
    Nobody should touch mobile 1 app store first of all. Because it's well known to have infected apps. Amazon app store or Snap/cobalt Google play is what I recommend.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 01:43 PM
    How often do you swap between them? And do you find it to be a pain or does it work for you?

I keep my Android (Z3 Compact) so I can swap between that and the Classic. Both are great handset

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 04:35 AM