I really feel the classic is going to surprise us, firstly they have kind of delayed the launch by a month. then lines like power beyond you could imagine, I am just getting a feeling they will kick some serious a** with the classic. ofcourse I can be wrong and they might have delayed the classic due to supply issues but whats the harm in hoping right ?
    divakar and bborgimicks like this.
    11-17-14 04:00 AM
    I expect the Classic will exploit the pent up demand (Yes really) for a keyboard device similar to the 9900. And that is exactly as it was designed for do.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    11-17-14 04:12 AM
    I don't see the Classic as a groundbreaking device like the Passport. Neither state of the art specs nor innovative concept.
    11-17-14 05:03 AM
    It's named Classic because everything is Classic BlackBerry about it. Delayed launch. Check. Delayed OS launch for other devices due to delayed Classic. Check. They are just hoping that the result isn't classic that's why power beyond your imagination.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 05:13 AM
    the fact that Verizon the biggest carrier in the US doesnt look like that it will carry the Classic is a huge mistake, its such stupid business sense to exclude so many potential customers both old and new? that is an unpleasent surprise
    phuoc and RichardAitch like this.
    11-17-14 05:44 AM
    I don't see the Classic as a groundbreaking device like the Passport. Neither state of the art specs nor innovative concept.
    Not expecting it to be. Probably shouldn't be given the price. But what I am trying to say is that maybe it won't have Q10 or Z30 specs but a little higher than them. Like between Z30 and passport.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    11-17-14 06:01 AM
    the fact that Verizon the biggest carrier in the US doesnt look like that it will carry the Classic is a huge mistake, its such stupid business sense to exclude so many potential customers both old and new? that is an unpleasent surprise
    I wouldn't completely discount it yet, as Verizon is known to launch months later than the initial, universal launch.

Not expecting it to be. Probably shouldn't be given the price. But what I am trying to say is that maybe it won't have Q10 or Z30 specs but a little higher than them. Like between Z30 and passport.

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    Maybe that's why they picked the 17th as the launch date....1.7 GHz. jk

But let's hope since the Classic was transitioned to share the same components as the Z30 in recent software builds. There definitely was a change there from sharing the Q10/Q5 radio. We might be in for a surprise. *crossing fingers*
    11-17-14 07:49 AM
    Q10 with a toolbelt more or less. Don't get your hopes up for anything more. Look, I love BB too. But Chen made it clear, phones are NOT his priority and he will not be approving the latest and greatest that cost a ton of money to make. They will issue basic work a day phones for workers/professionals. They will not be attempting to satisfy the typical Crackberry power user.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-17-14 08:28 AM
    Only surprise we've gotten so far is that outlandish price

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 09:10 AM
    Q10 with a toolbelt more or less. Don't get your hopes up for anything more. Look, I love BB too. But Chen made it clear, phones are NOT his priority and he will not be approving the latest and greatest that cost a ton of money to make. They will issue basic work a day phones for workers/professionals. They will not be attempting to satisfy the typical Crackberry power user.
    if it is too basic do you think that people would go for it or be pissed? Too basic for me would mean take longer to do stuff on it
    11-17-14 10:15 AM
    Only surprise we've gotten so far is that outlandish price

Posted via CB10
    Seriously? The LOW price is one of the main reasons I pre-ordered.

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    11-17-14 11:15 AM
    It's named Classic because everything is Classic BlackBerry about it. Delayed launch. Check. Delayed OS launch for other devices due to delayed Classic. Check. They are just hoping that the result isn't classic that's why power beyond your imagination.

Posted via CB10
    Sad and rings of truth.

11-17-14 02:48 PM
    Stop spreading FUD. There's more reason to believe the Classic will be picked up by VZW then there ever was for the Passport. VZW has been pegged in the Classic OS since the files started appearing whereas it was never in ANY of the Passport files. If anything, it looks as though VZW might be one of the only US carriers to have it.
    Senor Wright likes this.
    11-17-14 02:53 PM
    [citation needed]

If your source is Shop BlackBerry, then I wonder why an entity that isn't the carrier that whitelists CDMA devices for its network isn't selling the CDMA Classic. Which exists, mind you.

Anyway, I feel the delay is not due to whatever marketing hyperbole passes as guaranteed promises these days, but rather due to the state that the OS is in right now. It took them until PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151 to get an OS that's fairly decent overall, which means that real carrier QA can only start now. Gold SDK release is still TBD.

Posted via CB10
    tanzarian likes this.
    11-17-14 03:22 PM
    Right, because its not as if BlackBerry doesn't have a reputation for delayed and / or botched launches.

I'm with Thurask, OS delays are the most reasonable explanation.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 04:42 PM
    I'm with you...the specs are so hush hush. I don't need it to be cutting edge technology like the Passport - just have good solid specs. I think it will meet if not exceed our expectations for the price. I loved my Bold 9000 and my Bold 9900 is ok, but it certainly has it quirks. Initially I didn't take to the Q10 but it grew on me, but find I still prefer the toolbelt. I think the Classic is just what the doctor ordered! I suspect no matter how great the specs for the price, the trolls will come out and complain about something.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-17-14 07:30 PM
    I think the specs will be fine. In other words, the phone will work fine. I think it will be nicely priced.
    11-17-14 08:52 PM
    Do you smell what John Chen is cooking?
    myfiremanishuge likes this.
    11-17-14 11:18 PM
    Why is he Bla1zing up as well?

11-17-14 11:23 PM
    Bla1ze, do you know something that the rest of us don't? I'm not asking you tell us - just to confirm that there's hope for better specs and a larger battery (the battery is the priority for me)? I can't tell you if were playing along with the OP or if you're serious!
    11-18-14 12:54 AM
    Okay things are getting interesting now

Q5 SQR100-3/10.2.1.3442
    11-18-14 01:19 AM
    Bla1ze, do you know something that the rest of us don't? I'm not asking you tell us - just to confirm that there's hope for better specs and a larger battery (the battery is the priority for me)? I can't tell you if were playing along with the OP or if you're serious!
    I think that's reference to The Rock. Back when WWE was WWF and pandas weren't suing the men in spandex suplexing each other.
    11-18-14 02:31 PM
    I think that's reference to The Rock. Back when WWE was WWF and pandas weren't suing the men in spandex suplexing each other.
    Those damn Pandas, so demanding...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Empyrean likes this.
    11-18-14 04:53 PM
    Stop spreading FUD. There's more reason to believe the Classic will be picked up by VZW then there ever was for the Passport. VZW has been pegged in the Classic OS since the files started appearing whereas it was never in ANY of the Passport files. If anything, it looks as though VZW might be one of the only US carriers to have it.
    Ah I have long giving up on carriers I live in Ireland were BlackBerry does not exist with carriers..... I've got most of my phones from.amazon and have pre-ordered the classic from BlackBerry UK

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's good funny!

Sadly, it might actually be funny if it weren't so true.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:30 PM
28 12