My SIM card stopped connecting to the Bell network, it was deemed to be a device failure (the SIM card tested fine and the device can see the network but can't/won't connect to it). Before replacing it under warranty, Blackberry insists on a factory reset. I'm well beyond 30+ hours now. In fact, the charger wasn't charging and the battery died so the process started over. Within a short period of time, it was at 85%. Now I'm stuck at 96% again. Is this a reasonable amount of time? BB tech support told me to let it finish running. This was at about 27 hours after the start of the wipe. Any suggestions??
    08-09-15 08:56 AM
    My SIM card stopped connecting to the Bell network, it was deemed to be a device failure (the SIM card tested fine and the device can see the network but can't/won't connect to it). Before replacing it under warranty, Blackberry insists on a factory reset. I'm well beyond 30+ hours now. In fact, the charger wasn't charging and the battery died so the process started over. Within a short period of time, it was at 85%. Now I'm stuck at 96% again. Is this a reasonable amount of time? BB tech support told me to let it finish running. This was at about 27 hours after the start of the wipe. Any suggestions??

Reasonable amount of time, heck no, that is frozen on corrupt memory. Restart the phone again. Hopefully it will get past the 98% mark without issue this time.

Anything really past the 6 hour mark to me is cause for alarm.
    08-09-15 09:07 AM
    I had this ''issue''. I really think you should wait, mostly if you had a lot of data to delete before (for example more than 15 or 20 gb). Wait few days more. If it doesn't work, try to hit the power button and the 2 volume buttons in the same time during 10 or 15 seconds. It will stop the wipe and remove the OS entirely. Then, you'll have to connect your BlackBerry to BlackBerry link and reinstall the OS.
    If it doesn't work (if the os proposed is below 10.3.2.xxxx and you are on 10.3.2.xxxx) try to use an autoloader.

But I really think you should wait more

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:43 AM
    Happened to me too. I finally hooked it up to link which wouldn't install anything but it started the wipe over and it finished in no time after that.
    08-09-15 11:18 AM
    I had this ''issue''. I really think you should wait, mostly if you had a lot of data to delete before (for example more than 15 or 20 gb). Wait few days more. If it doesn't work, try to hit the power button and the 2 volume buttons in the same time during 10 or 15 seconds. It will stop the wipe and remove the OS entirely. Then, you'll have to connect your BlackBerry to BlackBerry link and reinstall the OS.
    If it doesn't work (if the os proposed is below 10.3.2.xxxx and you are on 10.3.2.xxxx) try to use an autoloader.

But I really think you should wait more

Posted via CB10
    A few days?????????????? Wow that's extreme!
    08-09-15 11:19 AM
    A few days?????????????? Wow that's extreme!
    I haven't waited after 2 days when I was stuck to 98% but I've learned after that it was normal for large memory to clean.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 11:45 AM
    I haven't waited after 2 days when I was stuck to 98% but I've learned after that it was normal for large memory to clean.

Posted via CB10
    That's ridiculous. So you go without a phone for days just because you wiped it?

I think it's a bug in how it's done.
    08-09-15 11:54 AM
    That's ridiculous. So you go without a phone for days just because you wiped it?

I think it's a bug in how it's done.
    Don't think it's a bug. I had 25 gb to delete. And a security wipe doesn't just delete files. It deletes it by a secured way so it's really long to delete all the files. To optimize the length of the security wipe, you should delete all of your apps before for example

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 06:20 PM
    Don't think it's a bug. I had 25 gb to delete. And a security wipe doesn't just delete files. It deletes it by a secured way so it's really long to delete all the files. To optimize the length of the security wipe, you should delete all of your apps before for example

Posted via CB10
    Why would you wipe your SD card? I take mine out because I don't want it wiped.
    08-09-15 09:25 PM
    Why would you wipe your SD card? I take mine out because I don't want it wiped.
    I didn't talk about SD card?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 09:39 PM
    I guess not. Guess you have a lot on a 32gb phone.
    08-09-15 10:04 PM