I have had my Classic for roughly a year but have a continuing problem where my music transfers from my External Hard drive (via a laptop with Windows 7) to my BlackBerry Classic are extremely slow. Note: I am using the internal storage and *not* a memory card.

It downloads several of the first tracks quickly but then eventually gets stuck and can literally take hours to transfer one or two albums.

My software on the BlackBerry is up-to-date. On my old BlackBerry 9900, I would simply open the Windows 7 folder for the music file(s) and the same for the BlackBerry and all files would transfer easily and quickly. I traditionally never use Desktop Manager (or these days with BlackBerry 10) Link. I would prefer to not have to use Link at all, as I still can't figure out to transfer music files using that either.

After plugging my phone into the computer (to transfer files), it gives me the option of downloading the appropriate drivers, or to do nothing (among other options). I have tried downloading drivers, and about every other option given, and still suffer the slow download times. I've also tried turning ON and OFF the USB function on the BlackBerry as well. I always use a USB chord (that came with the phone) to connect the BlackBerry to the computer.

- Does anyone have any ideas please?
    - Does it matter I'm choosing to use the internal storage versus an memory card?
    - Also, transferring music files can be done just using two open file folders on Windows 7, correct? I would prefer to not have to use Link.

Thanks for your help!
    01-03-16 12:06 PM
    I just drag and drop music files using Windows onto my SD card and it's fairly fast. Any particular reason you want them on device storage?

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    01-03-16 02:03 PM
    Thanks for your reply although it doesn't help me trouble shoot.

Since the phone has roughly 16 GB of internal storage, I don't actually require additional storage (via memory card) as I won't exceed 16 GB.
    01-03-16 02:12 PM
    Thanks for your reply although it doesn't help me trouble shoot.

Since the phone has roughly 16 GB of internal storage, I don't actually require additional storage (via memory card) as I won't exceed 16 GB.
    16gb - OS - apps - messages, etc. It's not 16gb of usable memory...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-03-16 04:08 PM
    How does it perform transferring files from your external harddrive to your PC?

01-03-16 04:12 PM
    From external hard drive to PC it works normally: fast, speedy, efficient, and easy.

Again, on my 9900 is was easy, so there is something different about BlackBerry 10.

If I have to, I will buy a memory card, but don't know why not using one (i.e., using internal memory) would slow down transfers.
    01-03-16 05:10 PM
    From external hard drive to PC it works normally: fast, speedy, efficient, and easy.

Again, on my 9900 is was easy, so there is something different about BlackBerry 10.

If I have to, I will buy a memory card, but don't know why not using one (i.e., using internal memory) would slow down transfers.
    Don't think buying a memory card will solve the problem if transferring from your PC to your phone seems to be an issue... I haven't tried loading a large number of files to my phone, but transferring maybe a dozen songs seem to work just fine for me.

01-04-16 12:38 PM
    I don't think is related to the software rather the inneficiency of running the data twice over USB as it's not a direct connection. Copying files from external drive to PC is 1 way transfer so little buffering is needed. Copying from external drive to your phone means the external drive passes first to PC then to the phone so is a 2 way transfer. Normal USB does not exceed 20MB per second in normal cases. Try copying some songs on your PC then transfering directly from your PC to the classic to see if performance is the same.

Good luck.

Demetris

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 02:47 PM
    OK, so I tried downloading music from my external hard drive first to the computer desktop, then from the desktop to the BlackBerry.

From external hard drive to computer, it's pretty fast. From the desktop to BlackBerry it does a music track or two then stalls. The same happens when I try to drag music files from computer desktop to BlackBerry Link.

It seems there is something funny on the BlackBerry end of things.

Any other ideas? I really appreciate everyone's help.
    01-04-16 10:57 PM
    I have no idea, if it does it at 2 files, then mine definitely does not do that... maybe you should do a backup and then just reflash your OS, maybe something is corrupted...

01-04-16 11:28 PM
    I hate the music solution. This device isn't for nexus consumption. I have rounding up 5K 18gb of music between my playlist. Well playing music from either the blackberry music player which sucks no playlist the right way eq etc. I got PowerAmp to work today but it's so slow, I press a song it took 5 minutes before it started to play. On my Android phones I don't have this issue with the same data.... I wanted to use my Classic but man... This is annoying
    01-07-16 05:55 AM
    I use Neutron and don't have any issues. Select a song and it plays right away...

01-09-16 12:49 PM