02-11-16 01:31 AM
175 ... 567
tools
    9900 then got a Q10. Just upgraded to a Classic a few days back. Awesome phone in every way. More then happy with my upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 06:27 AM
    No thanks. I have a Z10. It would be a downgrade not an upgrade! Waiting for a flagship device, slider looks interesting , but time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 06:39 AM
    Have done - It was a mistake for me!
    If you are an intensive user needing to handle lots of emails on a daily basis, don't bother - see my post "Life is too short"

Between getting my Classic, I had to fire up my old 9900 as a backup when my 7980 got wet and died.

The Classic has the same good build and excellent keypad as the 9900
    It doesn't freeze or wipe out old emails and data as mine still does occasionally.
    It has double the battery life of the 9900 (two days at a push)
    It has a better camera - RIM didn't try to keep up with the Jones's by increasing the megapixel count and decrease the focal length so you can take a picture of a legal document and actually read the small print.

Hope this helps.
    03-27-15 07:33 AM
    Lovely sexy awesome phone!!! I upgraded from q10 two months back and I'm loving every second of the time spent with classic. I never ever have any grouse or whining spec wise as it's a brilliant piece of completeness in all aspects. Great screen, awesome pkb, sexy heft, what not??? Yumm this phone is!!

I take pride in owning a CLASSIC!!!

Posted via CB10
    AL8x B likes this.
    03-27-15 11:25 AM
    Done a few days ago, my Z10 is still fine but it was about time to change. Tried the Passport on the showroom but i didn't like the format and the keyboard so i get out of the shop with a Classic.
    03-27-15 01:19 PM
    Done.

Coming from Z10,SGN3, Z30, Passport, Oneplus One and Classic. In this order I switched.

Very happy and still learning. I've never had a Legacy called device but I am falling in love with this keyboard

From my Classic
    03-27-15 02:36 PM
    I never had physical keyboard phone prior to Passport, and had Z10 then Z30 but after having Passport for a while was curious and now loving the cute Classic!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 04:38 AM
    This is a great thread with a lot of awesome input.

I used to use a 9900, and now a Z30 which I really love. Both phones are fantastic. But clearly, there are two major styles of preference for smartphones -- all touch, and then devices with actual buttons or keyboards. Both of these distinct styles can and should co-exist on the market, as not all users are the same. Even if it's a minority these days, the fan base for a keyboard based smartphone like a Classic has a clearly established group of devotees.

Personally, as much as I love the Z30, I find myself wanting to get a Classic. Not necessarily because it reminds me of my 9900, but because I like the idea of having a physical keyboard and the tool belt for call/end buttons. With the Z30 (as is the case with any all touch experience), the fingers are moving all over the screen. This is perfectly fine and the way an all touch works.

But a phone like the Classic is great for people who like the tool belt and keyboard. This will make it easier to use with one hand, and the tool belt with home and back key are welcome additions even for folks coming from Android devices. The track pad again, along with the other tool belt keys are great for those who like to use the phone with one hand, and enjoy the precision of track pad for editing. Also, the keyboard itself is necessary if you want to have access to many useful shortcuts (which is something else I am missing using my Z30).

I'm just waiting for the price to drop a little, but for now I am enjoying my Z30. Personally I am really glad to see that the Classic is a beautiful looking device and being enjoyed by many users.
    03-29-15 11:37 PM
    I hardly ever use the trackpad. But I can see where I would need to use it. The only buttons I use on the toolbelt is the pickup/hangup buttons.

I just love the build and the bigger screen compared to the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 10:51 AM
    I will probably get a colored one, blue or white or bronze.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 12:22 PM
    I have personal Q10 and company Classic and like the Classic's much bigger screen. Classic battery lasts a lot longer and it seems faster. I yearned for the tool belt when I only had the Q10 and do appreciate having it back. I will tell you moving from 9900 to Q10 was extremely annoying for the very long time it took to learn the new OS. Moving from Bold to Classic would be much less annoying - don't know what the folks ar Rim/bBRy were thinking of except I noticed they had same line for those who were used to the Bold as those who found windows 8.1 hard to learn: 'don't expect them to be the same the new one is a whole new experience.' very true....

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 06:54 PM
    Already switched! I used a Q10 previously, and a Bold 9900 before that. I am very satisfied with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 06:09 AM
    Even if I do have blackberry passport. I'd still switch to classic. Just everything about classic feels right and looks business executives use.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 06:30 AM
    I went from the 9900 to the Z10 to the Classic. Love the Classic but I'd like to have a Z30 also to swap out for now and then. The only thing I miss is the bigger screen but the keyboard on the Classic is wonderful. As someone who mainly sends email, sms & BBM it's perfect.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 10:40 AM
    Do you still use the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    02-05-16 09:44 AM
    let's say I'm staying on Classic since 13 Month and will so for as long there will eventually coming Classic-2 to light.
    Getting a 2nd Classic just in case in April and a PP next week to accompany the Classic just for the fun o fit.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    02-05-16 11:27 AM
    People still talk about 'return of the track pad' like it's a bad thing? How is having simply another way to interact with BlackBerry 10 by way of a 'toolbelt' bad? There's nothing wrong with the Classic or the 'toolbelt'. LMAO

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bigjman likes this.
    02-08-16 12:11 AM
    I just purchase a brand new Wind Mobile Classic and I am looking forward to the set up and everything.

Can anybody provide any tips on transferring stuff from my existing Q10??

One issue I am having with my Q10 is that it appears to be slowing down and sometimes when I go to type a text message it freezes up a bit. I will repeatedly hit the keyboard but no text show up. Finally it will after a few seconds.

If this is a hardware issue I suspect the new Classic will be fine. If it's a software issue will transferring the data, pictures etc affect my new phone??

I am not sure if it's an age thing with my Q10. The phone is in flawless condition but it was a warranty replacement refurbished model from maybe 14 months ago?

Any tips would be great! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-16 12:26 AM
    Once you hold thevclassic you will be sold!
    02-08-16 06:26 AM
    I went from the 9900 to the Z10 to the Classic. Love the Classic but I'd like to have a Z30 also to swap out for now and then. The only thing I miss is the bigger screen but the keyboard on the Classic is wonderful. As someone who mainly sends email, sms & BBM it's perfect.

Posted via CB10
    Z30 is an excellent device. Between me and the wife, we have Z10, Q10, Z30 and now a Classic. She loves the PKB so the Classic is her daily driver with the Q10 as her backup. I've moved on to BlackBerry's excellent VKB, so the Z30 gets the daily nod with the Z10 being a backup.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    02-08-16 09:42 AM
    I came from the Q10. Now with Classic and iPhone combo. Had a Bold before and it is the Toolbelt that snared me.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 07:07 AM
    I made this post in another thread but I will just copy it again here because it wasn't getting any traction and want to see people's views on this:

I dunno...for me I am having such a hard time justifying a purchase of the Classic to upgrade from the Q10.

For what I am paying, the Classic should have better specs, a better camera, better performance, but both the Q10 and Classic are exactly the same (internally)!!! The only extra money goes into a wider (and more comfortable) keyboard and a slightly larger screen with a partial boost to battery life. Oh, lest I forget the toolbelt witch I feel is obsolete as the virtual commands work just as good and more efficiently.

Is that worth the $100+ over the Q10, and they both have the same internal memory? I have a hard time trying to think otherwise...
    Might still stick with my Q10 and return my Classic.
    02-09-16 11:27 PM
    I agree with skinnymike1. I did have a Classic at one point, but I sold it and opted for the 9900 and Z30 combo.

The Classic is nice, but for me it was a little too big and underpowered. If they came out with a Classic 2 with a smaller form factor, more powerful CPU and a higher resolution screen, I would get it. I don't feel the Classic was a true replacement for the BlackBerry 9900, although a good effort.
    02-10-16 11:12 AM
    Thanks for the sharing the same views!

But do you also mean the 9900 has some features over the Classic?
    02-11-16 01:00 AM
    ive got the passport and blue classic and love it
    02-11-16 01:31 AM
175 ... 567