02-11-16 01:31 AM
175 ... 4567
tools
    After the release of 10.3.1 to my Q10, I think the Classic is not worth it.. As long as the Q10 is functional.

Because I think the phone gets slower and slower. And I wouldn't get this solved by buying the Classic, which has the same specifikations as the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:49 AM
    maybe when the price drops to $250. guess that would be year or more from now.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:51 AM
    Using the Z10 now, planning to move to the classic. Never owned any qwerty device in the past.

The classic really just appeals to me. I don't why. It's crazy. Haha!

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 11:23 AM
    After the release of 10.3.1 to my Q10, I think the Classic is not worth it.. As long as the Q10 is functional.

Because I think the phone gets slower and slower. And I wouldn't get this solved by buying the Classic, which has the same specifikations as the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more - have just spent a couple of hours setting up a Classic for a (technologically challenged) associate and to me it seems worse than my old Q10. For some reason, the addition of the toolbar, only seems to me to change the balance of the phone and make it top heavy.

The new Classic owner is pretty impressed, but I think that's mostly because he came from a combination of BlackBerry Curve and 9700, and the extra screen real-estate has blown him away..... (and he still has a toolbar - the lack of a toolbar is why he never went to a Q10)
    and he also really likes:
    • the keyboard - he's a big typer
    • the fact that it shows 'track changes' on docx Word documents

I think that my Classic (& user) experiences today have only reinforced my previous opinion that the Classic will greatly appeal to those upgrading from BBOS who still want a keyboard and toolbar - if you don't want a toolbar, I can't understand why you don't get a Q10 instead.
    03-15-15 01:04 PM
    Palm pre was first pkb. Own zed10 and classic. Classic has better typing experience than palm pre. If classic is out of sight, there are potent thoughts of discarding it. When I see it again I'm accepting of its design and idiosyncrasies. It's similar to being a parent of truant child... So many posts on q10 Pbk issues forced my hand.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 02:17 PM
    No

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    03-15-15 02:22 PM
    I had a Z10 from launch day and had a number of issues with the device despite treating it very kindly (screen coming loose, over-heating battery and unstable battery life, photo files getting corrupted on SD card) - all very frustrating to the point I gave up on the Z and switched to an iPhone 5S. It didn't take me long to get sick of the home button and I longed for the BB10 gestures/UI again. My wife has a Q10 and I always had a bit of keyboard envy when cursing over the iPhone keyboard.

When I saw the first leaked pics of the Classic, I was hooked. I dumped the iPhone in favour of the Classic just after Xmas and have been thrilled with the phone so far. Build quality is excellent, the updated OS is a big leap from the original BB10 and I really enjoy the toolbelt. For those who claim it's redundant - have you actually tried it? Using the back key while Web browsing or the trackpad to scroll pages are both awesome features (for starters) - no longer accidentally clicking links on the touchscreen! I think keeping these features instead of squeezing in a few extra millimeters of screen real estate was a smart move.

Sure, the screen is way smaller than Android or iPhone devices and not as nice as the Passport (which I've tried and the form factor simply isn't for me), but if you use your phone primarily as a messaging/communications tool, the size is great. Just compare the amount of screen space you have left on an iPhone after the virtual keyboard appears!

As for specs...just how blistering fast does a phone have to be? I'm not gaming on this thing and I appreciate the much longer battery life due in part to slightly tuned-down specs. People getting uber-critical of a phone because an app opens a millisecond slower than another?!? Get a grip! Have we really become THAT impatient?

Posted via CB10
    zeteo and AthenaSmith like this.
    03-15-15 02:40 PM
    Exactly my point as well as I still don't understand why people keep saying the Q10 is the same as the Classic the Classic is Bigger Keyboards better Phone is faster I can go on all BlackBerry Phones are good I don't understand since the Passport came out how arrogant BBM USER'S have got.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mmickel Abraham; 03-15-15 at 03:23 PM.
    03-15-15 03:08 PM
    If my fingers could handle the keyboard I would immediately get one. Have seen one and it's absolutely beautiful. But my thumbs are too clumsy to handle that keyboard.

03-15-15 05:41 PM
    I own a z10. Oh my god this is the best device I have ever owned. Coming from ios and later android. All I can say, this thing has saved my ***! From the email and calendar management, to the price and feel in the hands. This is just great.. there are 3 possible things I will probably end up doing.

1. Buy one more z10. But now take real care of it with a proper case.

2. Buy a Classic keeping both devices. Classic will be my daily driver and z10 can be its substitution when the battery comes down to zero.

3. Buy an iPhone 5s. Keep both devices and while I am on my busy days Monday to Friday, use the z10, and then I can have some sort of fun with the 5s whose battery life is absolutely ridiculous so I can use it as a substitute to my z10. I really like the form factor of z10 and 5s.

I just cannot handle those Big *** kaboom devices these days... I just want something small that fits my ******* palm and does its job.

Oh my god.. all that money people spend trying to find the best device... buying different measuring devices..

They could just buy a small smartphone and a tablet of their choice and ******* be happy for 3 years

Posted via CB10
    terminatorx likes this.
    03-15-15 06:12 PM
    I'm happy I upgraded to the Classic from the Q10. I prefer having a trackpad and toolbelt. The slightly larger size and weight of the Classic are added bonuses for me. Also glad I waited a bit to buy as the wireless charging on my phone gives me one less thing to worry about (damaging the charging port). I had checked out the Passport while shopping for the Classic and was impressed but simply prefer the Classic's features.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 06:13 PM
    I gave my Q10 to my wife after thinking I would replace my 9900, but couldn't due to the lack of toolbelt and various other shortcomings (some of which have been fixed with 10.3.1). Then I got the Classic and think, while it's certainly heavier than the nice little Q10, it's very nice and solid. My wife actually wants one now after seeing the buttons that allow her to avoid touching the screen all the time. I also have a Z10 that is sort of a secondary device (mostly when I was using 9900 as main device) but really like the Classic's wider screen. For one handed use, it's amazing.
    03-15-15 06:54 PM
    By now all pro's and con's must be well disused very wildly around here on CB and elsewhere.
    And I did throw in my part as well numerous time's, again ones more.

Starting with the Z10 replaced it for a Classic in December.
    This Z10 is now passed on to Granny no.1 to get used to a smart phone area.
    My daughter started with a Curve and PlayBook-64 and had to be pushed to use a Q10 in favour, now she will stick to it because of the size and weight of the Classic.
    The wife started with a Q5 but loves the Classic which she swooped and one using since January, her old Q5 now is in further use by her mom and she is happy to using it.

So now we got a zoo of BlackBerry devices namely a PlayBook-64, Curve, Z10, Q10, a Q5 and at least for now two Classics, all devices are great and doing their duties as expected for different needs and preferences of there users, so what's the point of comparing this device's all have a place and are in use, so what.

My personal opinion comes from a different point of view : well if all members would use the Classic, well keeping up with the leakes would be a hell lots easier to me without the need of finding all this appropriate files for a start, but on the other hand it would be much more hassle to grab the right mobile in a hurry and not ending up with my daughter's or Granny's device in my pocket.

Posted via BB-Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.1.2558
    03-16-15 02:09 AM
    The Q10 was my first BlackBerry device and I really loved it. But I love the Classic even more because of the bigger and so much brighter screen (which is one of the brightest screens ever measured) and the toolbelt which brings me the home and back key which I was used to from my previous android devices.

I tried to go back to an HTC One M8 but abandoned that idea after a couple of hours.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 02:18 AM
    But what makes you wanna go back to the M8 in the first place

Never mind I know why. I have been doing that as well, only to comeback to BlackBerry each time

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 07:16 AM
    I used a Z30 and prior to that a Z10. I like the look of Classic and it does remind me of my first Bold. So I got one and thought that I will use it kind of like a combo with my Z30. Surprisingly, after a week, I just stuck with my Classic.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154
    03-16-15 07:17 AM
    thought about it but no. i'll stick to my q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 07:39 AM
    I did. Came from a Q10 won't go back

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 09:44 AM
    Already did. From Q10 to Classic. And having been using 9900 before Q10 I conveniently said:
    The Classic is d best of both worlds.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 11:52 AM
    It was mainly because of the speakers and the screen. But the screen is not as bright as the Classic's screen and touch-typing is still horrible. Also the M8 is so slippery I almost dropped it. ^^ But battery life was the biggest issue. On my Q10 and my Classic I never had to worry about battery life, no matter how many videos I was watching or photos I did take. On the M8 you could watch the battery draining. No way. I want a reliable daily assistant and the Classic is perfect for me.

Posted via CB10
    terminatorx likes this.
    03-16-15 04:19 PM
    Yes- took the jump 2 weeks ago. LOVE IT!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 04:56 PM
    I just switched from my second Q10 to a the new Classic. I first saw the Classic in St. John's Newfoundland in early February and feel in love with it when I felt it in my hands. I convinced my wife to move from the 9900 to the Classic. It took her a little while to move from OS7 to BB10 but now she's loved her phone. We are a very happy Classic family.
    zeteo and AthenaSmith like this.
    03-16-15 04:56 PM
    I have the Z10 as my personal phone and had a Q10 provided by my work. Have had many problems with the Q10 and have asked that they replace it with any other BlackBerry as long as it's not a Q10. Loving the Classic. Loving the tactile feel of the keys and the trackpad is very helpful.

The OS doesn't allow to "select all" but with the trackpad, I hold on 'shift' key and scroll down through the items in the file manager and would behave in similar manner as you would expect from a PC.

It's also got much more of a premium feel. Seriously loving it.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:44 PM
    Maybe if the price drops.
    Else if my current Q10 stops working.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-15 05:17 AM
    I switched from Z/Q 10 to Classic. With a 9900 detour between. Struggled with Z for 9 months and decided virtual keyboards don't cut it. 3 months with the Q convinced me that PKB is THE way to go. Unfortunately PKB eats up available screenestate. Decided that touch oriented devices NEED screenestate for efficient navigation. Moving back to 9900 convinced me that trackpad renders screenestate nearly irrelevant to navigation. Which is why the 9900's relatively tiny screen still gets the job done with LESS stress, IMO. Therefore, IMO, non-slider PKB devices NEED toolbelt to compensate for inevitably smaller screens.

Q10's lack of toolbelt crippled it from day one, IMO. Its sales numbers speak for themselves. Classic is the ONLY BB10 PKB device fitted with toolbelt which, IMO, makes it the BEST BB10 device to date!
    Last edited by idssteve; 03-27-15 at 01:45 PM.
    Xenolock and AthenaSmith like this.
    03-27-15 06:06 AM
175 ... 4567