02-11-16 01:31 AM
175 ... 23456 ...
tools
    An original Z10 user having come over from the Bold 9900 on launch and no plans to relive my youth.
    I have adapted well to a full touch device, love my Z10 and until another better full touch device (nope not the Z30) from BB drops I am a happy camper.
    12-21-14 09:49 PM
    I had a Note2 hated the vkb! Not big on big phones. I really love my Q10's size! I really am satisfied w/my phone and have had no typing issues! I do not miss my Note2, I love that my phone is easy to hold. And it really is a work horse! The battery life is awesome! Still curious about the Classic though.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    mh1983 likes this.
    12-22-14 03:51 AM
    Sticking with my Z30 until a Torch Style Slider is released or a phone with a touch screen at least as big as a Z10 combined with a BlackBerry Bold style keyboard is released. I get that the latter would be one tall phone. But if they can release the passport they can release anything.

I can't deal with a small square screen. I loved my 9810 and just can't go back to a small screen.

I would love a keyboard but the way things look I'll be using this Z30 for a long time to come.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154 /T-Mobile USA
    12-22-14 04:03 AM
    after using the Z30 and now the Passport....definitely not switching to the Classic
    12-22-14 04:20 AM
    No. An updated Z10 - definitely. Z30 is too big.
    12-22-14 05:27 AM
    I'm considering it I'm finding the track pad keyboard on the PP is not that responsive and copy and paste not even close.
    12-22-14 05:32 AM
    Have a Q10 and NO, iin fact leaving BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 06:07 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Classic is f*cking perfect from the front, but ugly as hell from the back
    I'll stick with my Z10
    Get a case!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 06:55 AM
    No. It's not enough of an upgrade from my Q10 to justify the expense, and I already own a Z10, Z30, and that gold Q10 I built. This household already has a lot of BlackBerry products. BlackBerry needs to have some passport like specs on a device that I can use with my carrier to get more money out of me.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 08:02 AM
    YES I BELIEVE I WILL SWITCH TO VZ CLASSIC ONCE THEY GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER! ONE THING I WONT MISS ABOUT THE BLACKBERRY REMOVEABLE BATTERY? SETTING MY Z10 DOWN AND HAVING IT REBOOT.

ALSO... when are those BBM Meetings invites going out next? @bbmMeet lets do a demo!
    12-22-14 09:09 AM
    Have a Q10 and NO, iin fact leaving BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    to go where?
    12-22-14 10:46 AM
    No

Am getting a Passport (January I hope) as an upgrade to my Q10.

If there was no Passport, I'd stay with my Q10 rather than upgrade to a Classic (can't see the point for my needs).

NOTE: today I convinced a lawyer I work with regularly to upgrade to the Classic (from his 9700), his Classic should arrive sometime in January
    12-22-14 10:57 AM
    Going to try the Passport first. Using my Z10 until then
    12-22-14 10:59 AM
    Switched from the BlackBerry 9790 to the Q10. Must say I missed the toolbelt for awhile as need to learn the gestures & all. Took me over a week to finally get it right, i.e. switching apps, checking the hub, copy paste, etc.

As for the Classic, it is what it is, for previous 9900 user to get an upgrade from an OS 7 to OS 10 & enjoy what it have to offer or for a Q10 hardcore-must-have-tool-belt-thing-a-majig user which one missed.

Personally, watching the launching, reading & comparison both models - Q10 & Classic back to back, am comfortable here. Though I can't assure once I get the Classic in my hand, then maybe, just MAYBE, I might switch to Classic. As for now, having the Q10 for the past 6 months, am happy to have switched from my old 9790.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:41 AM
    I love my Q10 I love the size and everything! I'd have to feel the classic in my hand to make a decision and see if the trackpad is worth the change. Until that happens I'll stick with my Q10!

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    I too love my Q10 and planning to stick with it and not go for upgrade as to me it doesn't look like an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:42 AM
    Switched from the Q10 but never had an older BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 11:59 AM
    Both my wife and I will be switching from the Z10 to the classic.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 12:04 PM
    Switched from the BlackBerry 9790 to the Q10. Must say I missed the toolbelt for awhile as need to learn the gestures & all. Took me over a week to finally get it right, i.e. switching apps, checking the hub, copy paste, etc.

As for the Classic, it is what it is, for previous 9900 user to get an upgrade from an OS 7 to OS 10 & enjoy what it have to offer or for a Q10 hardcore-must-have-tool-belt-thing-a-majig user which one missed.

Personally, watching the launching, reading & comparison both models - Q10 & Classic back to back, am comfortable here. Though I can't assure once I get the Classic in my hand, then maybe, just MAYBE, I might switch to Classic. As for now, having the Q10 for the past 6 months, am happy to have switched from my old 9790.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    I also switched from the 9900, it has been a disappointment OS7 vs BB10.

9900 users have no choice but to upgrade to a BB10 device due to the low RAM on the 9900. Even with the battery pulls it is still faster for emails on the 9900.

Knowing what I know now I might have opted for a Q10 but don't know if I can live without the track bar.

The biggest mistake is not having a removable battery. My first day the battery only lasted 6 hours.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 01:09 PM
    Going to try the Passport first. Using my Z10 until then
    12-22-14 02:26 PM
    I also switched from the 9900, it has been a disappointment OS7 vs BB10.

9900 users have no choice but to upgrade to a BB10 device due to the low RAM on the 9900. Even with the battery pulls it is still faster for emails on the 9900.

Knowing what I know now I might have opted for a Q10 but don't know if I can live without the track bar.

The biggest mistake is not having a removable battery. My first day the battery only lasted 6 hours.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Downloaded the quickpull app from steelhorn & does it on a daily basis as the RAM for the 9790 was running low each time browsing & on whatsapp, wechat, BBM.
    A drastic change to say the very least? Am happy with the switch, takes some time to adapt to the learning curve that OS10 has to offer. Agitated having to tap/ type a few steps before making a call comparatively to OS7. Win some lose some I guess.
    On the go, its a great device the Q10. LTE speed is superb, super AMOLED screen is great on the square-ish display, battery life will get you through the day if you're not playing music or on youtube on a heavy basis.
    Recommended the Q10 for my 9900 user friend. Had the same issues like me without the toolbelt & all. Adaptability comes easy though in the end. Was not having the 9790 as a gaming phone, with the Q10, you can have both world with great games like Real Racing 3, Asphalt 8, as well as android games (though not all are compatible, beggars can be choosers no?)
    Having 80% spec similar to the Q10, the Classic strong point would be the corning gorilla glass frontscreen & the toolbelt + preinstalled OS10.3 which I haven't have the chance to try (though the official & leaked review had been positive). As my previous post, might need to held it 1st to justify the claims as the Classic is superior than the Q10.
    Last note, Q10's back glass weaved cover is phenomenal being the only device so far (compared to other brands) that makes it standout from the crowd. The single speaker is superb, all from a daily driver smartphone which is seriously meant for business & what not.
    The 9790 was a great 2 years experience for me, for the Q10, its the best BlackBerry experience I had so far. Can't wait for the OS10.3 upgrade soon (finger crossed). If you do plan to change ur phone, I would advise the Classic so as not too far fetched from the 9900 you had. I believe once there, the Q10 might not be appealing to you as it was to me.
    Just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-22-14 06:51 PM
    I agree. Downloaded the quickpull app from steelhorn & does it on a daily basis as the RAM for the 9790 was running low each time browsing & on whatsapp, wechat, BBM.
    A drastic change to say the very least? Am happy with the switch, takes some time to adapt to the learning curve that OS10 has to offer. Agitated having to tap/ type a few steps before making a call comparatively to OS7. Win some lose some I guess.
    On the go, its a great device the Q10. LTE speed is superb, super AMOLED screen is great on the square-ish display, battery life will get you through the day if you're not playing music or on youtube on a heavy basis.
    Recommended the Q10 for my 9900 user friend. Had the same issues like me without the toolbelt & all. Adaptability comes easy though in the end. Was not having the 9790 as a gaming phone, with the Q10, you can have both world with great games like Real Racing 3, Asphalt 8, as well as android games (though not all are compatible, beggars can be choosers no?)
    Having 80% spec similar to the Q10, the Classic strong point would be the corning gorilla glass frontscreen & the toolbelt + preinstalled OS10.3 which I haven't have the chance to try (though the official & leaked review had been positive). As my previous post, might need to held it 1st to justify the claims as the Classic is superior than the Q10.
    Last note, Q10's back glass weaved cover is phenomenal being the only device so far (compared to other brands) that makes it standout from the crowd. The single speaker is superb, all from a daily driver smartphone which is seriously meant for business & what not.
    The 9790 was a great 2 years experience for me, for the Q10, its the best BlackBerry experience I had so far. Can't wait for the OS10.3 upgrade soon (finger crossed). If you do plan to change ur phone, I would advise the Classic so as not too far fetched from the 9900 you had. I believe once there, the Q10 might not be appealing to you as it was to me.
    Just my 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry would have come out with a "complete" BB10 on launch date they would have had good reviews. I argued this in my thread about how RIM/ML made major mistakes that dug the company down. 9900 users were not convinced of the performance of the Q10, so we did not buy.

The Q10 has a lot of things similar to the Bold in weight and size. It is very hard to one hand the Classic because it is top heavy and a little to big for a person with small hands.

Look back I might have bought the Q10 and bit the bullet to learn how to use it. They are dirt cheap now.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:38 AM
    Bold 9900 to Z10 to Q10 to Z30...I'm more than happy with my Z30. It works for me and I have no reason to change.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:56 AM
    I upgraded from Z10 to Passport a few weeks after the first launch of the Passport. If I would have the opportunity, I would not have upgraded to the Classic.

However if I was still using a legacy device, I definitely would have upgraded to the Classic if Passport was not available first.

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    12-23-14 10:58 AM
    Z10 user due for upgrade. Was considering PP but now am definitely leaning towards the Classic. It looks just about perfect for what I do with my phone. Can't wait to get back to the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 02:13 PM
    Wow! I never thought that this thread would reach this point.

Personally, I posted this thread to hear from current BB10 users (as expected). I currently own a Z30, and having second thoughts on considering the Classic. Why not the Passport? Well it's simple as: 1) it's too huge for me. I came from Z10, and Q10 then decided to get Z30 even I feel that it's too huge, because I always demand for a longer battery life. 2) The 3 row keyboard is a deal breaker. Not that I can't adapt to it, but having the pkb and the shift and alt keys on the touchscreen makes me feel confused. (don't get me wrong, tried playing with the PP) so I guess it's not for me.

What holds me in getting the Classic is: 1) Leaving the smooth Glass weave of Q10 and Z30. 2) battery life - I'm a person who always gets a phone with longer battery. I'm always on the go. So I need to keep moving. 3) The Price. I would love to switch the Classic but for now, I guess I can't afford to spend that much over the desire to get the efficiency I need on a phone.

Personally, I'm in love with the idea of bringing the toolbelt. On Q10, my dilemma was the copy and paste thingy, because the shift + trackpad feature would be irreplaceable in that matter. I also prefer a PKB because I don't play games on full touch as well. Very rare case. I love the idea of having the Call/End buttons so it's easy if you can identify if you ended the call or not. Not to forget the keyboard shortcuts. It's like sending a message pressing the Menu + c + s thingy then start typing then press send. The Four-row qwerty keyboard with shift and alt keys are better for me than the PP. I don't have plans on switching my Q10 over the Z30 before if not for desiring a better battery life - which Classic is offering to me still as an upgrade from Q10.

So here are my thoughts about why I am considering to Classic. A BlackBerry Legacy style phone running on a better operating System called BlackBerry 10.

Rockin' with my awesome Z30 C00182421
    12-23-14 06:14 PM
175 ... 23456 ...