Was thinking about switching my Q10 for one but went to a Z30 during black Friday sale in stead .

Posted via CB10
    phuoc likes this.
    12-20-14 10:17 PM
    Currently, I use a Z10 as my primary device and 9780 as backup but will be switching to the Classic as my daily driver. Personally, I prefer the speed and efficiency of the physical keyboard over the all touch.
    12-20-14 10:19 PM
    No. I don't need a $450 keyboard for my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 10:42 PM
    nope... i want blackberry to innovate and move forward... cant do that when you are going backwards tech wise..not interested in the classic what so ever....

it actually makes me wonder..of all the things i have heard people complain and wish they had the tool belt was not one... so i am actually wondering who asked for..
    12-21-14 12:31 AM
    BlackBerry must read CrackBerry more often.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-21-14 12:34 AM
    to be truthful, i lost my playbook for a while. was in costco and there was a 10" lenova tablet for 130 i thought wow good price, it had the latest android os. decent spec..so i got it...can i tell you how much i hated it..and longed for my playbook.. the android os is FULL of redundancies, which drove me nuts after watching reviews, the classic is full of redundancies. if blackberry really wanted to innovate why not make the keyboard like the passport.. or just have a trackpad in the bezel above the keyboard..that would light up when using phone..when screen goes off so does track pad.. but to add the back button waste.. and the call and hangup which appear on the touch screen... stupid...
    12-21-14 12:44 AM
    Z10 + Z30 + Passport. Not getting the classic, liking the Passport too much. I'll probably get the next high end device in 2015 though.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 12:44 AM
    Probably. The Z30 is awesome, but I really like the tactile feedback of physical keys with individual mechanical switches. I own 2 mechanical keyboards just for that reason. Plus, I have small hands, so the Z30 isn't quite a perfect fit. And I hate gunking up the screen within minutes of heavy use. A streaked, funky-looking screen is not sexy.

I can't get one just yet, but I'm looking forward to error-free typing, text editing even faster than on a desktop, total one-handed use, a mouse pointer for full browser experience (who needs banking apps now... lolz), and not having to peck at the little X to close a program, which is the worst part of OS10. I imagine that one can get super fast and fluid operating OS10 with a toolbelt and keyboard full of custom shortcuts. I'm pretty quick with a Z30, but it takes 2 hands with eyes on the screen. Being able to open/close programs and switch settings blind is very appealing. There's just no tactile feedback on glass... press the right thing or press the wrong thing, it all feels the same.

Then again, maybe by the time I'm ready to get a Classic, the Classic 2 or Classic Pro will be coming out with a nicer chipset and further developed OS. Who knows.

Oh, and Call/End keys. Those will be much appreciated. Answering and ending phone calls suddenly, unexpectedly, and one-handed on an all-touch just sucks.

From a Z30
    12-21-14 01:14 AM
    if blackberry really wanted to innovate why not make the keyboard like the passport.. or just have a trackpad in the bezel above the keyboard..that would light up when using phone..when screen goes off so does track pad.. but to add the back button waste.. and the call and hangup which appear on the touch screen... stupid...
    The Classic is not about innovation. That's the job of the Passport. The Classic is for Bold users who asked for those buttons.
    12-21-14 03:24 AM
    I doubt I'll switch. I think since the Z10 I'm pretty much hooked on the touch screen. I do like the PKB better for typing but I just love the bigger screen with the touch.

If I were to switch back to PKB it would definitely be the Classic over the Passport.

 Posted via CB10 
    12-21-14 03:46 AM
    Have been using a Z30 for the past year, but I switched to the Classic when it arrived yesterday. Really like the phone and it runs the software well. No lags and 10.3.1 is really nice. Brings back a lot of the functionality that the Bold had.
    7onZ likes this.
    12-21-14 03:56 AM
    Nope, nothing wrong with the device it's just not for me.
    It's main target are those people who are still st their BlackBerry 7s and want a familiar device to switch to.

Verizon Z10 on Golan Telecom....?
    12-21-14 04:06 AM
    Oops, my bad. Didn't realize that there was only one way to answer the OP's question.

Let me rephrase my original response.

Yes! I'm totally going to go backwards to a device that was only released for cranky resistors to technology and change. Sign me up for the newsletter too!!

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha. I love your response.

It definitely does seem that there is only one way to post on this forum.

 Posted via CB10 
    mkelley65 likes this.
    12-21-14 04:19 AM
    have been a BB10 user since February 2013 my Z10 is for personal use and very happy with it, but use a 9900 for work and the the Classic is aimed at owners to replace their 9900's, now details/price have been released it appears to be almost a Q10 with a Trackpad and a non removable battery and twice the price, have tried a Q10 for a few weeks on loan and no Trackpad is not a deal breaker, i think i will upgrade to Q10 as new one's are very cheap now and battery can be replaced, so no will not be switching to a Classic.
    12-21-14 05:37 AM
    +1
    I too wonder then who asked tool belt apart from BlackBerry and crackberry users.. but I personally missing my bold 9780 toolbelt..

Via Z3STJ100-1/10.2.1.3412 ~India~
    12-21-14 06:54 AM
    I too will stay with the Z30 and hopefully when they announce the new roadmap we get a kick *** high end all touch device coming soon.
    12-21-14 07:17 AM
    No. I don't need a $450 keyboard for my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are confused about that the Classic. Its not a keyboard for your Z10, it's a phone that has a keyboard. You know....like blackberry primarily made....until your Z10.
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 12-21-14 at 08:41 AM.
    12-21-14 08:26 AM
    I've never owned a Blackberry device prior to the Q10 that I am using now, but I want the Classix(or a phone like it) for the toolbelt. I hate touching screens. I think bb10 is very intuitive and a great touch-os, but would love the classic for the ability to mostly use the device touch-free. My two qualms are the size and the price. When it's $0 on contract I'll grab it, and then hopefully the sequel will shrink the top bezel and bring it closer to Q10 size.
    12-21-14 08:33 AM
    Yes! I'm totally going to go backwards to a device that was only released for cranky resistors to technology and change. Sign me up for the newsletter too!!

Posted via CB10
    (1) How are you "going backwards"?

(2) By "cranky resistors to technology and change", don't you mean..."the core of BB's audience that are responsible for BB's existence in the handset market in the first place"?

(3) And, I'm curious, what "technology and change" are you referring to? Isn't it basically the same technology in your Z10? (actually more of it because is uses a trackpad)

(4)And, couldn't you say the same about "resistance to change" for someone who says they won't "go backwards"? Perhaps it's you that is resistant to some sort of change. It's all about perspective, and not about incendiary, poorly thought out, over-the-top exaggerations.

I invite you to answer any of these questions and not change the subject in your response.
    12-21-14 08:40 AM
    nope... i want blackberry to innovate and move forward... cant do that when you are going backwards tech wise..not interested in the classic what so ever....

it actually makes me wonder..of all the things i have heard people complain and wish they had the tool belt was not one... so i am actually wondering who asked for..
    So I guess you are not interested in any phone with a touchscreen right? Since the touchscreen has been on mobile phones for years before the trackpad was. Just curious as to how strictly you stick to the "newer must be better" mentality. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-21-14 08:44 AM
    +1
    I too wonder then who asked tool belt apart from BlackBerry and crackberry users.. but I personally missing my bold 9780 toolbelt..

Via Z3STJ100-1/10.2.1.3412 ~India~
    That's exactly who asked for it, and it was clearly stated from the very beginning that's who the device was targeting. It was never said the CLASSIC aimed for the selfie while playing flappy bird crowd...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-21-14 08:46 AM
    nope... i want blackberry to innovate and move forward...
    When you say "move forward".....do you mean "survive as a handset making company"? If so.....this was their best (and 4 year overdue) option.

cant do that when you are going backwards tech wise..not interested in the classic what so ever....
    Please explain. They have all of the things most phones have, and a few more. Is Iphone "going backwards" because the latest has a physical button that was also on their earliest model?

Your scientific poll of BlackBerry users and former users was apparently not as thorough as BlackBerry's market research. But to answer your question....people who clung to their 9900's (the majority of all BB's handset in use) asked for it, either directly, or implicitly by not buying devices that lacked those features. Any decent CEO even remotely paying attention would be able to figure this out.
    12-21-14 08:55 AM
    I'm a simple guy. I would probably switch for Classic from Z10 then buy and ipad air 3 as my toy. If, of course, the keys are far more superb feel than passport
    12-21-14 10:27 AM
    Unfortunately unless BlackBerry releases a new updated full touch, I believe this z10 will be my last one. It really pains me to say that, but I do not want a pkb device.

Z10
    12-21-14 10:30 AM
    Yes, I must have the Classic...but I will be keeping my Z30 as well. Best of both worlds.
    12-21-14 10:38 AM
175 1234 ...