This thread is aimed at users who have been using BB10 for a while and who are used to the OS. This is not about what the classic is missing from BB7, or from the perspective of people who have moved to the classic from other devices. Personally moved from BB7 to a Z10 from day one and I've been using a Q10 as a daily driver for around 12 months now. Both of my devices are running 10.3.1. I've been itching to get my hands on a Classic as I miss the trackpad, but as I'm in the UK that is not going to happen until mid January.
    I was wondering, has the tool belt and the trackpad been all you had hoped for as a addition to BB10? Do they work well with the OS? How well dose the menu and back buttons work around the OS? Do many people find themselves still using the gestures as they did on their old devices instead of the back button?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 05:53 PM
    I came from BB9900 (and many before) and bought the Z10 if it was available but was never happy with it cause i missed the hardware keyboard.
    So I bought the Q10 a few months later.
    I was so disappointed so I swiched to iPhone5s.

Yesterday I got my Blackberry Classic. It is so cool to navigate with the trackpad and start and end calls withe the hardware buttons.
    For me this is really the first "Blackberry" with OS10.
    I love the Blackberry Classic. The navigation is so much faster without the stupid touch display.

Posted via CB10
    Frehley likes this.
    12-20-14 06:26 PM
    To be honest I was really surprised by how much I liked the Classic before my wife stole it from me. I have had most of the BB10 devices (Z10, Z30, Q10, Passport) and of course several other BBOS devices dating back to 2007. My favourite BBOS device was the Torch 9810 (slider with keyboard).

Even with the Q10 (most similar to the Classic) or the Passport (great key configuration) there is something about that little tool belt which really makes the phone hum along. Of course you do not NEED the track pad! But.. if it's there and seamless.. wow. It is all I expected and then some. They did a really very good job with this thing.

I like my Passport because of several reasons including the screen size and shape, the wow factor, and the speed of the device but if I had to give it up for any reason I would happily consider the Classic instead.
    12-20-14 06:36 PM
    I have pretty much all the BB10 devices except the passport (coming next week).

And had pretty much all the BBOS devices starting with my first Blue BlackBerry 7280 (still in mint condition BTW).

I have also been on record that the tool belt is not required and that this was a regressive move by BlackBerry.

So here I am with a Classic and typing this post.

As I posted elsewhere, I am pleasantly surprised at how well the tool belt has been integrated. After using it solidly for about 6h yesterday and today I can say this will be my daily driver (until next week and passport comes then I will have an interesting decision).

I don't use the track pad too much. My most used tool belt key, other than the phone is the back key. I really enjoy using it to minimize and close app rather than pecking at the small x on my Q10 /Z30.

I am looking forward to the classic 2. The only thing missing is the capacitive keyboard. I do hope it comes. The one thing miss and miss a lot is the swipe to delete from my Z30 and the capacitive keyboard would solve that and as well allow me to flick words up.

Posted Via The Classic
    Xenolock and ponpiri like this.
    12-20-14 06:53 PM
    The one thing I didn't expect in this thread thread from Classic owners is their love for the Passport (the other device with a physical keyboard and a form of touchpad). The Passport would only cost me another 100 to buy and I'm starting to be a bit torn here.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 04:37 AM
    I switched to the Classic from a Q10, and while many might think there is no big difference, ... the difference is huge. Better, bigger, brighter display. Keys are easier to press as the are slightly bigger, the Speaker has more bass and is louder, battery life is better, and while I never had a BB7 phone but a Nokia E72 back then, I really love having the trackpad for selecting and navigating between text.

All in all I,m really in love with my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    wilber1, johnburton_uk and ponpiri like this.
    12-21-14 04:45 AM
    I switched to the Classic from a Q10, and while many might think there is no big difference, ... the difference is huge. Better, bigger, brighter display. Keys are easier to press as the are slightly bigger, the Speaker has more bass and is louder, battery life is better, and while I never had a BB7 phone but a Nokia E72 back then, I really love having the trackpad for selecting and navigating between text.

All in all I,m really in love with my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Text selection is way better with the trackpad. I do find text selection on the Q10 annoying because I remember the ease of the trackpad. I'm glad to hear the battery life is better than the Q10, because the Q10 was way better than my Z10.
    From the perspective of someone who has never owned a BB7 device do you find the menu and back buttons useful?

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 05:38 AM
    The Classic is my 7th blackberry and it might become the one that I like the most. The build quality is great. Love the weight. The integration of the trackpad and toolbelt buttons (boy I missed those) is just great.

Being French-speaking I still have to learn to type those accentuated characters but I'm getting there...

I might keep this one for a very long time.

Posted via CB10
    johnburton_uk likes this.
    12-21-14 07:21 AM
    Great comments everyone. My Classic will be here tomorrow.
    12-21-14 08:11 AM
    Especially the back button is great, since the back link in apps are mostly on the top left side and hard to hit with one hand. I had many Android devices too, so I really missed the key on the Q10.

PS: While many friend think the Classic is too heavy I really love the weight. It simply feels more premium and industrial than a Galaxy S os something.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 11:24 AM