11-05-14 07:01 AM
57 123
tools
    I don't care what the specs are so long as the phone is 100% lag free with lots of apps, files and browser tabs open.
    So, you actually do care about specs. You just do not care to know what they are. But you want them to be good enough so that you don't see any lag.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 07:55 PM
    So, you actually do care about specs. You just do not care to know what they are. But you want them to be good enough so that you don't see any lag.

Posted via CB10
    Wat?

He's talking about responsiveness, honestly if the Classic is fluid as water, I'll be picking it up whether the specs are "high-end" or not.

The iPhone display blows everything out of the water, I hope the classic is similar and or better.
    11-04-14 09:02 PM
    I care, from inside to outside

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 09:10 PM
    the display quality or responsiveness of it's touch interface?
    Both, everything is fluid and quick. Display is superior to Samsung (I don't like AMOLED) I'm biased because I only have a Z10 STL-3 and not any of the newer Blackberry devices. I noticed that the latest 10.3.1 leak makes my Z10 quick. It is still problematic at times. I hope there's an official release after the Classic release, I want to compare the Classic and my Z10 side by side.

iPhone 6 source: http://displaymate.com/iPhone6_ShootOut.htm

I was going to buy a Q10, but after hearing about the Classic...no way, I will wait for it.
    11-04-14 09:19 PM
    I understand. I don't care about higher clock speeds. But this is the same cpu that is rumored for the classic.
    If it was an all new design, I don't care what the speed is.

The iPhone 6 is a 1.4 if I recall.

New iMacs have as low as a 1.4 in a desktop.

It just needs to be demonstrably faster than the previous generation to justify the expense.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about you, but I think phone upgrade cycles should be geared towards 2 generations, not 1. So demonstratively over a 2 generation phone, not a 1 generation phone replacing or upgrading. Targeting the Joneses is a different business model. That isn't going to attract the most sales for BlackBerry because they can't compete with Samsung's top of the line. Samsung makes a good bit of the guts and can do it faster, cheaper, etc.
    11-05-14 12:23 AM
    Wat?

He's talking about responsiveness, honestly if the Classic is fluid as water, I'll be picking it up whether the specs are "high-end" or not.

The iPhone display blows everything out of the water, I hope the classic is similar and or better.
    But you can't have improved responsiveness with the same specs and same OS from a phone that's 2 yrs old.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and dale-c like this.
    11-05-14 03:10 AM
    The Passport runs considerably smoother than both my Q5 and Q10 in 10.3. In fact, in pretty sure I'll stick with the Passport now that I know the Classic is such a marginal upgrade. I prefer the ergonomics of the Classic, but I don't want a lower ppi screen than the Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-05-14 07:01 AM
57 123