Does any one know of a BB usable app that allows discovery of EV car charger locations? I am a member of ChargePoint and would like to be able to download and run the app but it requires Google Play Services as does the alternative which is PlugShare? Anyone have any luck with this?? Thanks in advance.
    04-26-15 10:54 AM
    There actually is a way to get google play services on the phone. I personally don't want it on mine so never bothered to look at how it's done. Maybe someone will respond with how to do that, or a link to how it's done. Then it'll allow most android apps to work with the phone.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-26-15 12:35 PM
    Thanks, I saw that but there seems to be a problem with the email settings once Google Play Services are installed on several users BB's. I am hoping to avoid having to install Play Services.
    04-26-15 12:56 PM
    Thanks, I saw that but there seems to be a problem with the email settings once Google Play Services are installed on several users BB's. I am hoping to avoid having to install Play Services.
    Oh ok, I didn't read too much into it since I have no intentions of having google play services on my phone. Good to know...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-26-15 02:51 PM
    What email settings problems? I've been running the modded Google Play Services on my Q10 for months now without a single issue except for the few apps that actually require real Google Play Services such as Youtube and Snapchat.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 06:10 PM
    Used the search function here and read pretty extensively. Seems people with 10.3.x and with Google Play Service (GPS) work around had to remove their GPS to allow their email settings to come up.
    04-26-15 06:35 PM
    I have installed all the patches to get Google Services to work and patched various apps such as Chargepoint and Plugshare. The problem I am having is that the map does not show up to indicate location within the app itself. Google Maps work fine when opened on it own. When running an app like Plugshare the map screen is white and shows the google symbol in the lower left of the white screen. The other portions of the app seems to work. Any Ideas... or is google maps running internally to an app not ever going to work? Thanks
    05-11-16 07:29 AM