07-20-16 09:55 PM
69 123
tools
    I guess I cannot understand all the doom and gloom about the classic? Yes just bought my third one and it does everything I was doing on my android. I used a nokia e71 for a long time after nokia dropped symbian os. It was an is a great phone. I'm sure blackberry 10 devices will continue to be awsome untill the lights go out. Studies show most users of cell phones use few apps regularly, and honestly bb10 covers the nicely and if I hears what about this app or that app then learn to use this amazing too and those apps will work.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    07-18-16 08:22 AM
    Now that would be a terrilbe thing to happen.
    I dont think it ll be terrible. I will love android phone with BlackBerry physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 09:07 AM
    I guess I cannot understand all the doom and gloom about the classic? Yes just bought my third one and it does everything I was doing on my android. I used a nokia e71 for a long time after nokia dropped symbian os. It was an is a great phone. I'm sure blackberry 10 devices will continue to be awsome untill the lights go out. Studies show most users of cell phones use few apps regularly, and honestly bb10 covers the nicely and if I hears what about this app or that app then learn to use this amazing too and those apps will work.

Posted via CB10
    Doom and gloom is more about BB10 than any one device as Blackberry transitions away from BB10 hardware to Android hardware. Some people want to stay in 2006 forever.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-18-16 09:12 AM
    I had a priv and loved it. To big for me. Can't wait to see what new offerings are coming forth from blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 11:54 AM
    Doom and gloom is more about BB10 than any one device as Blackberry transitions away from BB10 hardware to Android hardware. Some people want to stay in 2006 forever.

So liking features of BB10 that Android lacks make you "stuck in 2006"?? I guess you're right though, people now-a-days simply like to do and get whatever is popular regardless of if it fits their needs the best or not, fitting in and being "cool" is more important than anything else. I must be stuck in a time where people cared more about getting whatever meets their needs, popularity being a very minor consideration...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    acovey and Ursus Rufus like this.
    07-18-16 01:22 PM
    I dont think it ll be terrible. I will love android phone with BlackBerry physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    You are certainly entited to your opinion (no matter how wrong it is )
    07-18-16 09:21 PM
    Likewise.

*ME173X
    07-18-16 10:41 PM
    So liking features of BB10 that Android lacks make you "stuck in 2006"?? I guess you're right though, people now-a-days simply like to do and get whatever is popular regardless of if it fits their needs the best or not, fitting in and being "cool" is more important than anything else. I must be stuck in a time where people cared more about getting whatever meets their needs, popularity being a very minor consideration...

My comments weren't about being cool or popularity. It was about becoming the very antithesis of embracing change and/or fighting progress for whatever reasons.

07-18-16 10:47 PM

Very true, but we gotta remember, we have to be ourselves, because everyone else is already taken!

Posted via CB10
    07-18-16 10:52 PM
    My comments weren't about being cool or popularity. It was about becoming the very antithesis of embracing change and/or fighting progress for whatever reasons.

And my comment is saying change for the sake of change isn't always a good thing. I am in no way afraid of change, but if the "new" doesn't offer anything that works better for me than the "old" then I'll stick with the old. Once something comes along that serves my purpose better, I will definitely change. You implied that anyone who doesn't automatically embrace whatever is the "newest" thing is stuck in the past. I am saying anyone who bases their opinion on what is best for them on what is considered the "new big thing" by the masses are greatly misled.

Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-19-16 01:03 AM
    Very true, but we gotta remember, we have to be ourselves, because everyone else is already taken!

Posted via CB10
    Lol, yep. Too bad that's not the mentality now-a-days. Individuality has gone out of style. :-P

I do and get things PURELY on what works best FOR ME. Whether it's the "newest" or "most popular" never crosses my mind. Sometimes my choices align with one or both of those, sometimes they don't. It makes no difference for me...

07-19-16 01:06 AM
    Lol, yep. Too bad that's not the mentality now-a-days. Individuality has gone out of style. :-P

I do and get things PURELY on what works best FOR ME. Whether it's the "newest" or "most popular" never crosses my mind. Sometimes my choices align with one or both of those, sometimes they don't. It makes no difference for me...

What a breath of fresh air to read such a post! People tell me all the time not to be so different. It seems that I can now tell them I ain't the only one. I would like to thank you for being yourself and keeping the universe unique!!! (I would like to apologize in advance if this post dosent belong in this thread or may take it off topic but I must give credit where credit is due)

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-19-16 01:21 AM
    Lol at you. Everybody is entitled to his own opinion.

Posted via The Classic
    07-19-16 10:55 AM
    Lol at you. Everybody is entitled to his own opinion.

Posted via The Classic
    And returning the LOL to you.
    07-19-16 10:44 PM
    Got one when I heard the news. Great.

Used Android well before I ever tried BB10. Back when Android was still a little half baked but kind of quirky and fun (remember the "bug" emojis!?). As opposed to now, when it is fully baked and... *Yawnnn* -- what was I saying?

For getting things done, crunching through communications, nothing beats BB10 on my Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ursus Rufus; 07-20-16 at 06:22 PM.
    danderson146 likes this.
    07-20-16 05:10 AM
    Progress...? Not always a good thing. It's is interesting how people think because something is newer it must be better?
    The classic will work for a long long time. I pick up my bold turn it on and it works flawlessly as designed. I pick up my old and trusty nokia e71 it works and nokia spun off there symbian os to another company who maintains the os and even has new apps
    The people on here who seem to want to see blackberry fail need see its a business for profit. He's turning it around slowly but by making necessary but unpopular decisions. The handset business is a overbloated mess out there. Bb10 is a os for work and productivity, with a little bit of fun packed in. View it as a tool and it shines.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    07-20-16 06:02 PM
    The classic will still be going in 2 or 3 years I feel. I have a palm treo 680 and that still works. BB10 is a good platform if you are not looking to play Battlefield 3 on your phone or whatever, if you want to do that then get an HTC one M9 or such. The keyboard is the big reason I got the Classic. I just can't get used to typing on a screen. I also love the trackpad, nothing quite like it out there right now.
    07-20-16 09:48 PM
    That is a really interesting point about the PlayBook. Had they got the q10 or Classic to market earlier maybe they would have had more users at this point?
    07-20-16 09:52 PM
    I went from the q10 to the classic and the classic immediately felt more intuitive. I think it was the toolbelt that helped.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-20-16 09:55 PM
69 123