I waited a long time time to get my classic. Upgraded form the Bold. This is the best phone that I ever owned. I love my phone and Blackberry hands down.
    07-08-16 12:50 AM
    The Classic was slow, underpowered and had a small screen. And it was expensive for such low specs.
    Coming from a 9900 Classic was faster better camera and a Bigger screen and that's what the faithful bold users wanted at the time however the BB10 system never got the popularity it deserved with everyone on ios or android or you would probably see a upgraded Classic on BB10 that would make a lot of people happy on this site however as a last chance at handsets BlackBerry is joining with the competitions operating system and will have a classic style keyboard device coming hopefully with better 2016/17 specs and hope it sells as well as their old legacy devices did .
    07-08-16 06:40 AM
    That's excessive. How much did you spend on those 10 phones per year?

Also, "almost 50+"? Which is it, almost 50, or more than 50?

Hahahaha
    I guess around 50. My uncle owns a Cellphone showroom.So I used change phone once every 2 months or less.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    07-08-16 08:37 AM
    You guys think this phone will sell out from loyalists or do you think they'll go on clearance?

The Z10, Q10, Z30 and Q5's all had clearance sales at the end of their life.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-08-16 09:24 AM
    You guys think this phone will sell out from loyalists or do you think they'll go on clearance?

The Z10, Q10, Z30 and Q5's all had clearance sales at the end of their life.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse

The Classic still has some decent demand for the device from the hard core users as well as corporate and government clients. The fact that recently BlackBerry never discounted the device to me indicates that they want to keep the average selling price (ASP) as high as possible so that the bottom line is protected as much as possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 12:47 PM
    I believe the Classic would have been a greater success if they launched it Instead of the Q10 at bb10 initial launch.

Posted via CB10
    1000% yes. I was pretty disappointed with the Q10, the toolbelt was what was missing from it...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    undefinederror likes this.
    07-08-16 03:31 PM
    1000% yes. I was pretty disappointed with the Q10, the toolbelt was what was missing from it...

ABSOLUTELY agree!!
    That's why I ditched my Q10 the day the Classic was released.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 07:24 PM
    ABSOLUTELY agree!!
    That's why I ditched my Q10 the day the Classic was released.

Posted via CB10
    My Q10 is my kitchen timer now, lol.

dollface likes this.
    07-09-16 01:13 PM
    i've had so many phones - my favorite of all time that I was the most emotionally attached to was my tmobile sidekick II. had them all (b+w, csk, ii, iii, lx, 2009, etc). loved the white II the best.

until the classic.

I had iphones, htc androids, moto droids, nokia lumias, palms, samsungs.. I could objectively describe what I liked about them and what I didn't like. each had their plusses, balanced by the cons.

but the classic stood unique - it wasn't perfect, but I got so emotionally attached to it, and fast. it's the only phone that has lasted more than 6 months for me.

Currently I have a lumia 1020, iphone SE, htc one m8, s7 edge, a bold 9900, a passport se, a priv I recently sold, and my black classic.

I am currently using the classic and it remains my favorite out of the bunch. it is just pure pleasure to use, it gives me a je-ne-sais-quois none of the others do.

I am saddened by the news, but I will continue to use this classic as long as I can. I will be sad the day blend dies but will continue on.

edit: just realized why I love the sidekick and classic so much - toolbelt / keyboard shortcuts!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kertong; 07-10-16 at 11:09 PM.
    Avenzuno and acovey like this.
    07-09-16 08:54 PM
    I, too, have had a lot of phones. Before I got my iPhone 4S, i used a Nokia E71 and Palm Pixi Plus. I think at the time I avoided BlackBerry because I was apprehensive of BIS and the device's click wheel. I experimented further with an hp Veer, which I think was a homage to a Moto Pebl phone of yesteryear. I finally thought I settled in with an hp Pre3. After the iPhone I got a Z30 because I was curious about BB10, and the iPhone 6 was still months away. While I liked it, I hated the camera, which led me to buying my Lumia 1020 aka Nokia 909. Windows Phone was okay. MS was great about following the Synergy concept of webOS. But I knew WP8's long-term appeal was nil. So I was seemingly happy with my iPhone 6 Plus beast, yet was unhappy with the VKB, which at the time placed the Enter button on the upper right. That's when I dusted off my Z30 as a second line, and discovered how brilliant the BB10 VKB was.

So why go through all this history. Despite my enjoying the Z30's VKB, I was curious about the Classic, with its PKB and toolbelt. Earlier, I had chosen the Z30 over the Q10 because I wanted the former's superior underpinnings. The great thing about the Classic is that it really does provide the best overall BB10 user experience, though we all know it's not perfect. Yes, it has Q10 hardware underneath, but it does restore the toolbelt, even though the trackpad is smaller and not lit. The Classic's PKB & toolbelt combo make for a nice BB10 experience arguably better than the Z30 because I still would type too fast on glass and make too many mistakes on the VKB. With the Classic, I type more accurately on the PKB, and the toolbelt makes me swipe less and otherwise use glass. So that is why for me, I will miss the BB10 Classic experience someday. Like many of you, I will celebrate the greatness of the Classic now, and enjoy the last couple of years or so use of my awesome, now hard to find, Cobalt Blue SQC100-4.
    07-10-16 07:57 PM
    I bought a Se Passport and it came yesterday on the Amazon Sale. Did not like it at all compared to my current Classic. Do not like swiping, typing on glass, poking glass on things and hoping it opens, but dialing etc, etc. The SE Passport is beautiful just like the Classic with the stainless steel and backing grippy. For my uses the Classic is the best phone I have ever used. I use Exchange Outlook bb10 and Classic best for this, dialing, emailing, texting and some surging all I need and Classic is the perfect fit.. How long after the support ends next year for Classic do you think us users can keep going. People are using Bolds still could we use classic till say through 2018 assuming no apps needed just exchange support etc, I am worried that future updates wont keep up with Outlook 365 exchange changes...... well hopefully they come out with a Classic BB replacement or worst case an Android/Blackberry one I would at least try it but will stick with Any blackberry and Blend over Android
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-16-16 12:36 PM

I agree, but for me the smaller size wins and the Q10 gets the simcard.
    Oops I'm late to this conversation.
    07-16-16 03:31 PM
    I think blackberry will eventually produce a Android classic.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 08:02 PM
    Not keeping up with the tech news i had no idea about the blackberry classic being taken off the market until yesterday..... totally BUMMED about it because next month I'm finally eligible for an upgrade and I've had every intention for the past almost two years of getting that phone. now I've gotta get a used one or come up with the money for a new one. So disappointed!
    07-16-16 09:44 PM
    The end, the end, the end, that's all the posts, the end... as long as there are calls to be made, BBM, texting to be done and emails to send/receive... BB10 is here for a long time... with HUB to view all these, who needs droid or fruit to get things done... heck, I even do my banking and pay bills through my Classic, oh, I even shop and pay w my VISA on my Classic, heck, I even have book my airline ticket and lodging on my Classic... the end... pfffft yeah right

Posted via CB10
    sandrapenello and bigjman like this.
    07-16-16 10:58 PM
    The Classic was slow, underpowered and had a small screen. And it was expensive for such low specs.
    I have had my Classic since it came out, and have loved it. This week I bought a cheap android on Amazon to play around with and learn the ropes of android before the new BB pkb phone comes out. I got a Blu Advance 5.0. It is twice as fast as my Classic (for under $80) so that has me very impressed and the system is easy to learn and everything about the phone is fast and fun. I miss the quality of my Classic but I am loving the speed of android in comparison.
    07-16-16 11:59 PM
    I think blackberry will eventually produce a Android classic.

Posted via CB10
    Now that would be a terrilbe thing to happen.
    07-17-16 12:30 AM
    Just bought a new att classsic from amazon 212.00 usd. As long as I don't try to load a bunch of android on it its a awesome phone. I have everything I use on here! My third classic and sadly this may be my last, blackberry make us proud with the new phones coming out!

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-17-16 05:24 AM
    It's not entirely off the market yet and most major carriers will still have stock, as well as buying direct from BlackBerry. I just upgraded to the Classic about a week ago from a Q10 and it's a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-17-16 06:49 AM
    End of a 'Classic' era.-img_20160713_153603.png

🔥 📶
    07-17-16 07:16 AM
    Now that would be a terrilbe thing to happen.
    But it might sell.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 10:51 AM
    But it might sell.

Posted via CB10
    And that's terrible.
    07-17-16 01:07 PM
    And that's terrible.
    Horrible.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-16 01:24 PM
    But it might sell.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry no Android for me, now if they updated the hardware and BB10 I would buy it.
    07-17-16 07:33 PM
    Sorry no Android for me, now if they updated the hardware and BB10 I would buy it.
    OK, it might sell to other people.
    A BB10 version would have been cool though.
    acovey likes this.
    07-17-16 07:48 PM
69 123