Is it that hard to look before pressing a button? Haha. Majority of phones out there are all touch. Just saying.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    If I wanted a majority phone, I would have gotten a iPhone6 or decent android.. That's the point, a majority phone doesn't have a pkb..

And plus, when the screen is blacked out.. How do you look at the screen,ll it's black!!!!

Seriously people just accepting status quo vs seeing thing could be better... And have been.
    zyxxiforr likes this.
    06-12-15 03:29 PM
    I don't get it. Why are people actually wasting time trying to convince others that their preference for a phone with the tool belt plus gestures is wrong? Why does it matter so much to them?
    Each are entitled to their own opinions and everyones experience differ. Seriously, get over it. No need to jump in every chance you get to try and convince anyone. It won't. Those who finds it more efficient with the tool belt won't be giving it up and I know it may be hard to accept, but it is likely these numbers will grow.

Now, let's all stop feeding the trolls or they won't go away. Shooo...

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    06-12-15 04:41 PM
    Those who finds it more efficient with the tool belt won't be giving it up
    We might be forced to.
    Classic is the first actually useful phonesmart to come in the last few years and I'm afraid it might be the last.
    All the rest are jsut glorivied PDAs with a phone app added as an afterthought, I wouldn't call them phones.
    All I want is to be able to use my phone with 100% accuracy and without looking at the screen like a moron, *********.
    /rant
    06-12-15 05:02 PM
    That's why he puts it in speaker mode. Each state has its own restrictions on cell phone use while driving. Some restrict hand-held use but allow hands-free use (speaker or headset). I think all states prohibit texting while driving (I'm not 100% sure).

My great state of Texas restricts hand-held use only while in a school zone.

Posted via CB10
    using the speaker and toolbelt is not hands-free. but i get what you're saying.
    06-12-15 09:56 PM
    I also think that in classic, only call buttons and trackpad is necessary. Rest everything is useless

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    I disagree. Call button is less useful than an End button. No question.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 11:56 PM
    using the speaker and toolbelt is not hands-free. but i get what you're saying.
    It's not? You're right, the phone needs to be continuously touched for the speakerphone to keep working. I try to use the phone cradle on my car, but it just magically stops working the moment I'm not physically holding the phone...

Oh wait, no, that doesn't happen...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-13-15 10:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think he meant both buttons. He said the call buttonS.

06-13-15 10:50 AM
    It's not? You're right, the phone needs to be continuously touched for the speakerphone to keep working. I try to use the phone cradle on my car, but it just magically stops working the moment I'm not physically holding the phone...

Oh wait, no, that doesn't happen...

you like putting words in other people's mouths huh? and lmao that anecdote makes no sense. furthermore, i will repeat, using the toolbelt is not hands-free.
    WT44 likes this.
    06-13-15 12:56 PM
    I don't get it. Why are people actually wasting time trying to convince others that their preference for a phone with the tool belt plus gestures is wrong? Why does it matter so much to them?
    I agree.

The same is true for software features as well.

Someone (like in this case the OP) asks for a certain feature and instead of getting behind that person and supporting him/her, many people are trying to explain why that feature is not needed, while some other may even add that it would be way too burdensome for Blackberry to include such feature.

I really don't get it.

Is an abundant oversupply of functions and multiple ways to get things done no longer a positive these days?
    Last edited by WES51; 06-13-15 at 05:53 PM.
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-13-15 01:40 PM
    you like putting words in other people's mouths huh? and lmao that anecdote makes no sense. furthermore, i will repeat, using the toolbelt is not hands-free.
    So much info, thoroughly disproved everything there. Wow. ;-)

06-13-15 05:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you here. I only use the call button because I have one.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    06-13-15 11:55 PM
    So much info, thoroughly disproved everything there. Wow. ;-)

I think you're off your meds bud.

Posted via CB10
    WT44 likes this.
    06-14-15 12:01 AM
    Because everyone on the Internet HAS to be right. If someone is wrong, they must be corrected and then admit they were wrong.

Now, let's all stop feeding the trolls or they won't go away. Shooo...

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    06-14-15 12:11 AM
    Totally agree

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 01:58 PM
    I think you're off your meds bud.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I was being sarcastic because you provided absolutely no argument yet you state things as fact anyway. Usually works better if you actually have some evidence to back up your statement. Sometimes... :-)

07-03-15 03:11 PM
    I have come to the conclusion after 2 months of using the classic, that EVERY button on the classic is useless!!!! Not one button does exactly, or even remotely close to what it did on the 9900, so essentially rendering the tool belt useless once utilized on BB10, it as simple as that. I like my Classic, but its merely a steeping stone at best. Who ever argues that point is wrong.
    07-04-15 10:05 PM
    I have come to the conclusion after 2 months of using the classic, that EVERY button on the classic is useless!!!! Not one button does exactly, or even remotely close to what it did on the 9900, so essentially rendering the tool belt useless once utilized on BB10, it as simple as that. I like my Classic, but its merely a steeping stone at best. Who ever argues that point is wrong.
    Useless....to you.

I didn't have a 9900 so I can't speak to that, but I've had 8300 and 9300 Curves, and for how I use my phone, the toolbelt on the Classic does near exactly what I used them for on the Curves.

Answer, Reject, Hang Up from calls, bring up menus, go back, and of course the track pad to edit text.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-04-15 11:20 PM
    Get yourself a pouch and go into holster setting to turn and on and off once the phone is out of and in the holster respectively. No need for a physical end call button (that you need to press twice) or virtual off "screen button".

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 11:36 PM
    Useless....to you.

I didn't have a 9900 so I can't speak to that, but I've had 8300 and 9300 Curves, and for how I use my phone, the toolbelt on the Classic does near exactly what I used them for on the Curves.

Answer, Reject, Hang Up from calls, bring up menus, go back, and of course the track pad to edit text.

Posted with my  Classic
    To me perhaps yes, since I had the 9900 and the Q10. All those commands can be done as easy, or even easier just using the screen most of the time in my opinion. The only thing I find easier using the classic is to , flip , or return to previous call, even hanging up is a pita at times when it locks, other than that, I just find it stressful to use in comparison to the Q10, the classic's tool belt to me seems "half baked". In saying that, I still love the size, screen and the keyboard is to die for, I just wish it came with out the tool belt, and had capacitive kb. Here's to hoping that the slider is the one that BB will get it right on.........
    07-05-15 06:10 AM
    To me perhaps yes, since I had the 9900 and the Q10. All those commands can be done as easy, or even easier just using the screen most of the time in my opinion. The only thing I find easier using the classic is to , flip , or return to previous call, even hanging up is a pita at times when it locks, other than that, I just find it stressful to use in comparison to the Q10, the classic's tool belt to me seems "half baked". In saying that, I still love the size, screen and the keyboard is to die for, I just wish it came with out the tool belt, and had capacitive kb. Here's to hoping that the slider is the one that BB will get it right on.........
    I've had a Q10 since the day it was available in the US so I hear you that I can gladly get by without using the toolbelt, but I do utilize it from time to time and the beauty of this phone, an upcoming slider phone....is that BlackBerry is giving people options

Posted with my  Classic
    07-05-15 09:29 AM
95 ... 234