Because I wouldn't be using a BlackBerry device otherwise. Best touch keyboard ever.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    No argument here. I would just use an iPhone if I didn't want a keyboard though. Which device do you use?

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    06-11-15 05:01 PM
    Good to know it is useful for u...I never personaly used classic for longer time, only shorter time borrowed frm a friend. And then I found this useless, maybe coz I was used to Q10 gestures

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    I loved my Q10, but I gave it up for the tool belt and larger screen of the Classic. Also, the software update is awesome. I don't really care for the gestures because it allows your phone to be activated in your pocket.

06-11-15 05:03 PM
    No argument here. I would just use an iPhone if I didn't want a keyboard though. Which device do you use?

Z30. Upgraded from Z10

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    extisis likes this.
    06-11-15 05:31 PM
    Fully agree with op. One press end on a classic is the only thing that makes sense. I never accidentally hung up on anyone. If that was such an issue, fine make it an open to single hang up or double tap. Glad I never upgraded as that was the main I wanted was the a physical 1 press hangup as well as the call button to call the person directly out of bbm'ing to txt msg like the bold and doesn't do that. So I didn't upgrade from my q.

Secondly, bb10 lengthy hangup is also quite annoying as it the length of time to connect.. No idea why it's soooo sluggish,
    I like the one button hang up too, but I have to be honest, I've hung up on people by accident before if I was doing other things while talking on the phone when I was using the 9900, I do a lot of things by muscle memory and the thought of me being on the phone never crossed my mind before I hit call end to minimize an app, lol. But yes, for ending calls, one press is very convenient.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-11-15 05:54 PM
    Good to know it is useful for u...I never personaly used classic for longer time, only shorter time borrowed frm a friend. And then I found this useless, maybe coz I was used to Q10 gestures

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    I came from a Q10 as well. After I got used to the toolbelt, I use it for everything.

Bold 9000 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10 -> Classic

06-11-15 05:56 PM
    Ok, so swipe your phone to be able to answer or end a call without looking at the phone quickly and accurately. Swipe so that you can CLOSE (not just minimize) an app without looking at the screen. Do those for your homework, then I'll give you more assignments.

I'll add another assignment to your list: Use the touchscreen to end a phone call in winter while wearing thick gloves.
    06-11-15 07:18 PM
    I'm going to let you in on a little secret:

The entire tool belt is pointless on a BB10 device.
    Look at you, acting as though your opinions are facts!
    06-11-15 07:26 PM
    This should be a toggled setting in the phone app. Problem solved for everyone.

The End-key is why I always wanted the Classic. So far I've just been unimpressed with its implementation. That and the whole toolbelt's implementation really. It's not quite right. And the non-island keys that resemble a screen are pretty much the worst physical buttons ever designed.

An improved touch keyboard and a physical end key would be the ideal combination for me. Cursor placement that doesn't get in the way of a gesture-based BB10 and a good end call key for gtd efficiency.

Posted via CB10
    they clamored so much for a BB10 with toolbelt... no matter what BBRY does.. it's never enough
    06-11-15 09:53 PM
    Speak for yourself. I wouldn't have this phone otherwise.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.680
    cherish it, it will the the last tool belt BB10 phone.
    06-11-15 09:55 PM
    I don't really care for the gestures because it allows your phone to be activated in your pocket.

my z10 & z30 and was & is always in my pocket and never have they activated in there. gestures is where it's at.
    06-11-15 09:58 PM
    Look at you, acting as though your opinions are facts!
    you've written this post plenty of times. favorite line i'm guessing?
    06-11-15 09:59 PM
    Ok, so swipe your phone to be able to answer or end a call without looking at the phone quickly and accurately. Swipe so that you can CLOSE (not just minimize) an app without looking at the screen. Do those for your homework, then I'll give you more assignments.

Is it that hard to look before pressing a button? Haha. Majority of phones out there are all touch. Just saying.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    06-12-15 12:23 AM
    you've written this post plenty of times. favorite line i'm guessing?
    Nah - just seems appropriate here. Very common forum problem. It's not like the people who happen to like having the toolbelt are full of sh*&.
    extisis and TJ Strozier like this.
    06-12-15 05:36 AM
    I loved my Q10, but I gave it up for the tool belt and larger screen of the Classic. Also, the software update is awesome. I don't really care for the gestures because it allows your phone to be activated in your pocket.

I also really miss my toolbelt. And classic was obviously my next target. But slider made me waiting...so will c how good is slider and if worth, will pik one or else slider or a rare case, passport!!!

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    06-12-15 07:27 AM
    I came from a Q10 as well. After I got used to the toolbelt, I use it for everything.

Bold 9000 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10 -> Classic

I too come from the same device route as u...9900 --> Q10
    Was waiting for classic...BT dint pik coz slider was announced
    Let's c if classic will grow on me if I make a purchase of it. BT happy to know, the feature is useful for some people

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    06-12-15 07:31 AM
    my z10 & z30 and was & is always in my pocket and never have they activated in there. gestures is where it's at.
    Yah, since having a toolbelt gets rid of the gestures... No wait, it's in ADDITION to it... So now I don't understand the objection.

TJ Strozier likes this.
    06-12-15 09:13 AM
    Is it that hard to look before pressing a button? Haha. Majority of phones out there are all touch. Just saying.

Aw, it's so cute that you care about what the "majority" does before you decide what you want. And yes, it is a big deal because a lot of times I'm doing other things as calls come in. Sometimes I'm driving as a call comes in, I can continue to pay attention to the road as I answer a call, switch it to and from speakerphone, and end a call, all without ever taking my eyes off the road. But I guess forget practicality, I have to follow what the majority does because then I'll be "cool" since that actually matters. Oh wait, I don't have any self esteem issues, so "fitting in" with the majority and being "cool" doesn't matter to me. I guess I'll continue to care about what makes my own life easier rather than caring about what others around me think...

zyxxiforr and TJ Strozier like this.
    06-12-15 09:16 AM
    Yah, since having a toolbelt gets rid of the gestures... No wait, it's in ADDITION to it... So now I don't understand the objection.

well don't confuse yourself next time.
    06-12-15 09:17 AM
    well don't confuse yourself next time.
    Lol, someone is on a warpath, hahaha. :-D

extisis likes this.
    06-12-15 12:47 PM
    Sometimes I'm driving as a call comes in, I can continue to pay attention to the road as I answer a call, switch it to and from speakerphone, and end a call, all without ever taking my eyes off the road.
    I'm glad the Classic is helping your break the law with ease.

extisis likes this.
    06-12-15 02:00 PM

That's why he puts it in speaker mode. Each state has its own restrictions on cell phone use while driving. Some restrict hand-held use but allow hands-free use (speaker or headset). I think all states prohibit texting while driving (I'm not 100% sure).

My great state of Texas restricts hand-held use only while in a school zone.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5 and TJ Strozier like this.
    06-12-15 02:17 PM

Okay, really? Is that what you took from that post?

06-12-15 02:49 PM
    It's funny to see how people are bit**** because they complain about the toolbelt from a blackberry which is called classic...get out of this forum and buy something different than a blackberry

TJ Strozier likes this.
    06-12-15 02:55 PM

LMAO! Because you know where I live and what the laws are here? Nice one. And I'm sure you never answer phone calls while taking your eyes off the road to do so...

06-12-15 03:27 PM
    That's why he puts it in speaker mode. Each state has its own restrictions on cell phone use while driving. Some restrict hand-held use but allow hands-free use (speaker or headset). I think all states prohibit texting while driving (I'm not 100% sure).

My great state of Texas restricts hand-held use only while in a school zone.

Posted via CB10
    No worries, obviously another typical "know-it'all" that ironically doesn't know much... :-D

06-12-15 03:28 PM
95 1234