To the OP. I think I understand what you are saying. Just one action to end a phone call. Seems fairly simple.

All the other chatter on this thread, I don't understand.

Why doesn't everybody agree with OP on this!?

Would anyone intentionally design a new BlackBerry to require more than one action to end a call?

Why isn't this unanimous?

Thanks OP for your initial post. The simplicity of your concept is perhaps too deep.

Posted via CB10
    donemt and TJ Strozier like this.
    06-10-15 08:32 PM
    I agree with the OP. Bring me my OS7 functionality back. Anything to make the phone work faster is fine by me.
    06-10-15 09:55 PM
    The BB10 toolbelt would have a lot more fans if it had island keys and a larger trackpad. BlackBerry just halfassed the Classic is all (and I'm saying this with a Classic arriving on my doorstep tomorrow).

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you here. The trackpad could be a tad bit bigger. I noticed it the other day when I was trying to make small/short movements with it.

TJ Strozier of Astronomic Music Group
    06-10-15 10:12 PM
    No argument there. But the point is, it doesn't require multiple button presses and isn't the fault of the button itself like the post kind of implies...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Fair enough. Would you like me to blame BlackBerry instead? Because I will. I am.

06-10-15 10:13 PM
    Ok, I'll buy that you have to press the End Call button TWICE to end a call... to prevent accidentally ending calls while multitasking. That's the ONLY compelling reason I've ever seen for having to press the button twice. Now that there is a dedicated power button on BB10 devices, the End Call button shouldn't replicate the BBOS functionality, so a long press on the call end button could end a call no matter whether the device is locked irrelevant to what is displayed on the screen... accidental long presses are very rare.

...and by long, I mean held down for one second, not three or four.

User interface components (which includes physical buttons) that do only one thing, and are always available to do that one thing, are useful in some contexts, as anyone who has tried to hang up a call on a full-slab device having to navigate back to the phone app to hit the call end button can attest. Having to stop and and look at and manipulate the screen just to hang up a call on what is by definition a "phone"? It leads me to ask "how do you people live like this?" but unfortunately I'm forced to live like this because I don't want a tiny low-res screen on my daily driver.

It's not that it's actually that hard to hang up a call on a full slab device... it's just the act of doing so reminds me how great it is to actually have it, which makes its absence sting that much more.

I wouldn't mind if you had to long-press the end button to end a call. I actually tried it the other day to see what it does and it gives you the option to turn off or reset the phone. Why IN THE WORLD do we need two options to shut the phone down?!

06-10-15 10:19 PM
    I find the toolbelt to be quite useful. I like it and I use it a lot. The ability to press a physical key to go back, to minimize an app, to open menu, to answer or end a call, is very well integrated with the OS. Really, the Classic is a phone to keep.
    Hulk123 and slagman5 like this.
    06-10-15 10:35 PM
    I'm going to let you in on a little secret:

The entire tool belt is pointless on a BB10 device.
    Completely disagree. I switch between my Passport, Q10and Classic, and tool belt is great. I find my self using the call feature ( instead of having to use menu button) and trackpad all the time. It adds to the os imo. I do however need to make a lot of calls, which I understand not everyone does anymore, but I find tool belt to be a benefit.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-15 07:44 AM

Speak for yourself. I wouldn't have this phone otherwise.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.680
    Hulk123, slagman5 and bigjman like this.
    06-11-15 10:20 AM

Why do you feel like the tool belt is pointless? I honestly don't understand the point of using a BlackBerry device without a physical keyboard. If you don't want a keyboard on your phone, why don't people just use something else?

Hulk123 and zyxxiforr like this.
    06-11-15 11:00 AM
    Ending calls with the button works with just one klick but you have to wait 1-2 seconds that thr call /screen ends like on touchscreen phones

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Last edited by Hulk123; 06-11-15 at 01:55 PM.
    06-11-15 01:28 PM
    Ending calls with the button works with just one klick but you have to wait 1-2 seconds that thr call /screen ends like on touchscreen phones

And this stink. Tool belt is not for waiting.
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    06-11-15 02:17 PM
    Let me introduce you guys to something: BB10 swipe gestures. Toolbelt not needed.

Avenzuno likes this.
    06-11-15 02:28 PM
    I never understand the many apologists and conformists here.

Some people want a "no questions asked" end button.

Which means there IS need for a specific feature. So let's just offer customization in the next OS version that is able to provide the feature and get it over with.

There isn't anything more here to discuss.

I'm glad it works for Slagman5 and others, but their good experiences don't necessarily translate into everyone's needs.
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    06-11-15 02:33 PM
    I also think that in classic, only call buttons and trackpad is necessary. Rest everything is useless

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    06-11-15 02:36 PM
    And this stink. Tool belt is not for waiting.
    Same as touchscreen. You can't end a call so fast (techhnically).
    Same on iOS and Android an WP. So stop hating flamers...

06-11-15 03:01 PM
    To the OP. I think I understand what you are saying. Just one action to end a phone call. Seems fairly simple.

All the other chatter on this thread, I don't understand.

Why doesn't everybody agree with OP on this!?

Would anyone intentionally design a new BlackBerry to require more than one action to end a call?

Why isn't this unanimous?

Thanks OP for your initial post. The simplicity of your concept is perhaps too deep.

Posted via CB10
    I can't believe there could be other thoughts and opinions... Crazy world we live in. Soon we'll allow people to have their own religions and if things keep going this way women would be allowed to vote...

06-11-15 03:48 PM
    Fair enough. Would you like me to blame BlackBerry instead? Because I will. I am.

Hey, I have my complaints about the OS myself. Not trying to defend anyone, I just like things to be clear and for the right causes/problems to be addressed.

06-11-15 03:49 PM
    Let me introduce you guys to something: BB10 swipe gestures. Toolbelt not needed.

Ok, so swipe your phone to be able to answer or end a call without looking at the phone quickly and accurately. Swipe so that you can CLOSE (not just minimize) an app without looking at the screen. Do those for your homework, then I'll give you more assignments.

bigjman likes this.
    06-11-15 03:56 PM
    I never understand the many apologists and conformists here.

Some people want a "no questions asked" end button.

Which means there IS need for a specific feature. So let's just offer customization in the next OS version that is able to provide the feature and get it over with.

There isn't anything more here to discuss.

I'm glad it works for Slagman5 and others, but their good experiences don't necessarily translate into everyone's needs.
    When did I state that I like how it is? Does everything have to be black or white? I wanted to clarify what the process is because the way OP described it wasn't completely accurate. I made no judgments of whether or not it is good. That's up to the individual.

06-11-15 03:58 PM
    I also think that in classic, only call buttons and trackpad is necessary. Rest everything is useless

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    I use the back key all of the time, pressing the menu key is useful, holding the menu key to get the top menu is a damn god-send, I hate trying to reach the top of the screen to pull down the top menu, the back key to close apps that are active frames is something I use many times daily... Basically I use all of the buttons on the keyboard and the trackpad, and the touchscreen. Everything together is the way to go for me...

06-11-15 04:01 PM
    Fully agree with op. One press end on a classic is the only thing that makes sense. I never accidentally hung up on anyone. If that was such an issue, fine make it an open to single hang up or double tap. Glad I never upgraded as that was the main I wanted was the a physical 1 press hangup as well as the call button to call the person directly out of bbm'ing to txt msg like the bold and doesn't do that. So I didn't upgrade from my q.

Secondly, bb10 lengthy hangup is also quite annoying as it the length of time to connect.. No idea why it's soooo sluggish,
    06-11-15 04:23 PM

It's not that we need the tool belt, but if you get the Classic, you're going to want to use it. If not, you might as well just get the Q10 or Q20. I think you missed the entire point of this thread.

06-11-15 04:28 PM
    Same as touchscreen. You can't end a call so fast (techhnically).
    Same on iOS and Android an WP. So stop hating flamers...

My BBOS phone hung up as soon as I pressed the End button. Why do touch based OS's take so bloodly long to hang up?

There is way too much lag and delay in the Classic (and other phones too apparently).
    TJ Strozier likes this.
    06-11-15 04:41 PM
    Why do you feel like the tool belt is pointless? I honestly don't understand the point of using a BlackBerry device without a physical keyboard. If you don't want a keyboard on your phone, why don't people just use something else?

Because I wouldn't be using a BlackBerry device otherwise. Best touch keyboard ever.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    extisis likes this.
    06-11-15 04:48 PM
    I use the back key all of the time, pressing the menu key is useful, holding the menu key to get the top menu is a damn god-send, I hate trying to reach the top of the screen to pull down the top menu, the back key to close apps that are active frames is something I use many times daily... Basically I use all of the buttons on the keyboard and the trackpad, and the touchscreen. Everything together is the way to go for me...

Good to know it is useful for u...I never personaly used classic for longer time, only shorter time borrowed frm a friend. And then I found this useless, maybe coz I was used to Q10 gestures

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2204
    06-11-15 04:53 PM
95 1234