Having replied to six or seven emails in quick succession (..as quick as the classic will allow), when I attempt to reply to the next, I get a blank screen with just the blue header/footer separation lines at top and bottom and the BACK (< ) symbol that does not work. The email reply interface does not load up.

I can escape the screen and try again but the same thing happens. The same happens if I try to reply to a different email.

If I wait for a few minutes the normal reply interface usually loads up but sometimes it exits and creates a draft email composed in raw *html and css markup.

The page hang/freeze happens if I try to reply by different methods eg. tapping reply on the screen, using the cursor/click or hitting the 'r' key from either the email or list view .

Is anyone else experiencing this? does anyone know if the same happens with the passport?

As I have mentioned in my other post, I am totally unimpressed with the Classic but this particular issue is driving me nuts.

Is there a solution? ( I have the latest software update )
    04-18-15 07:09 AM
    What is latest update? Have you reset the hub by swiping from the top right corner 5 times?
    04-18-15 07:15 AM
    SW Release: 10.3.1.1779

What does resetting the hub do? I can't afford to lose the emails that I have received to date.
    04-18-15 07:26 AM
    You will lose nothing. It just restarts the hub. You'll have to wait for a couple minutes before using it after because it has to reload everything.
    04-18-15 08:28 AM
    Hi KBZ1960

unfortunately resetting the hub did not work but thanks for the suggestion.
    04-19-15 06:58 PM
    Is it just email? Just one account?
    04-19-15 07:01 PM
    Yes, just email - it is the only reason that I am still with blackberry.

I have 7 accounts, 3 of them are heavy use with two of them receiving up to 200 emails daily.

I used to breeze through them with macro/word sub. replies on os7. I really really am struggling with the speed of the classic and the former os7 keypad short cuts (as mentioned in my Life is too short post). But this screen hang really is putting the final nail in the BlackBerry coffin for me.
    04-20-15 05:47 AM
    All of the accounts? You could remove the heaviest one and see if that helps and then add it back for a test. Maybe something with one of the accounts got messed up? Do you sync forever?
    04-20-15 07:13 AM
    I've never sync d. Ever since BlackBerry introduced multple account handling I've pretty much used the accounts to the max.

I receive email enquiries from different sectors of my business through six or so different websites. I have mail servers for each, hence accounts for each.

In the past I rarely had to search across all accounts but if I needed to in os7 you could select to search all accounts - now I just search in the hub.

I am pretty sure that the new BlackBerry developers have screwed up the memory management ( and soooo many other things) in a bid to make the BlackBerry sexy. I just want a business device that works like a business device.

I am not interested in games or videos. I don't care about the camera provided that it can take a picture of a legal document and the definition is good enough to read the small print, preferably with a B+W option for reduced file size. (the screen capture is a worthy addition)

BlackBerry have broken so many things that made most of the former phones brilliant - sure make enhancements but not at the cost of all that was good before - Even MS. has good enough sense to preserve former releases functionality and shortcuts.
    04-20-15 08:54 AM
    Can you post a screen shot of your memory from device monitor?
    04-20-15 09:11 AM
    Here are the screenshots - nothing unusual here!
    Attached Thumbnails Email Frustration - Reply Screen Hangs/Freezes-img_20150420_170908.png   Email Frustration - Reply Screen Hangs/Freezes-img_20150420_171119.png   Email Frustration - Reply Screen Hangs/Freezes-img_20150420_171227.png  
    04-20-15 12:29 PM
    This one that shows how much is free.

Email Frustration - Reply Screen Hangs/Freezes-uploadfromtaptalk1429565556182.jpg
    04-20-15 04:32 PM
    Sorry, it took a while to find that screen.
    It looks high! Which seems to suggest a memory leak or that the classic doesn't handle memory use/garbage collection very well
    Attached Thumbnails Email Frustration - Reply Screen Hangs/Freezes-img_20150421_093606.png   Email Frustration - Reply Screen Hangs/Freezes-img_20150421_093553.png  
    04-21-15 03:45 AM
    Sorry, it took a while to find that screen.
    It looks high! Which seems to suggest a memory leak or that the classic doesn't handle memory use/garbage collection very well
    04-21-15 03:56 AM
    Wow - how much diagnostic stuff does this thing have. If BlackBerry spent half as much time focusing on the core functions of the device - namely EMAIL. There wouldn't be any complaints.

The three fundamental rules in application development are:

1. Do Not Re-invent The Wheel
    2. Don't Bloat An Application With Showcase Features
    3. Don't Fix What Ain't Broken
    Last edited by leg1; 04-21-15 at 05:55 AM.
    04-21-15 05:04 AM
    Thanks, I wanted to see if your memory was real low, it isn't too bad. Supposedly the OS is supposed to released used memory when needed but who knows. How long is your email set to sync, I know you said you don't sync by you kind of do. There are the options in your email setup that go from 7 14 30 and 90 days or forever.
    04-21-15 06:32 AM
    Hi

Sync Interval: 30mins
    Time frame: 7 Days
    04-21-15 11:48 AM
    Hi

Sync Interval: 30mins
    Time frame: 7 Days
    Well that bites. I wonder if it's the phone, the email app or whatever email you are using. Do the same accounts work fine on other phone OS's or you don't know?
    04-21-15 11:51 AM
    I am convinced that it is the phone. I've had the same email accounts a nexus7 tablet and on previous phones, 9900, 9700, 9780/90 the Q5 and most models that came before. The 97xx have either all worn out or have got damaged.

The 9900 is my temporary backup - it's nice and works well but not practical because of the battery life and useless camera definition for legal doc records.

The Q5 (inherited by my wife, as was the 9900) works but the missing tool belt (for me) kind of defeats the object - all of my actions need to be done from the keypad's immediate vicinity. Swiping is no substitute for keypad shortcuts for intensive use.

Work is work but I used to get a buzz from how fast and effectively I could respond to all my email enquiries. Now I dread the thought of trying to get through them. Waiting for the aesthetic page slides and phases to complete on the Classic is like watching paint dry.

The game plan is to try to source a couple of new or refurbished bold 97xxs, pass on the classic and contemplate on a switch to android. ‎

In the meantime BlackBerry will either get its act together with revised software or go under - I think they deserve the latter!‎

I've just had the most ironic thought, a question that I thought that I would never (have to) ask - is there an android email app that runs on the classic?
    04-22-15 05:05 AM
    Sounds like maybe a different OS might help. I'm not sure about email apps, never had a reason to try them.
    04-22-15 06:03 AM
    That's a thought (probably a daft one) - I wonder if the classic could be made to run on os7!!

I am sure somebody would know.

Do you think this would be a worthy new post?
    Can classic run os7 or an android email app
    04-22-15 09:10 AM
    That's a thought (probably a daft one) - I wonder if the classic could be made to run on os7!!

I am sure somebody would know.

Do you think this would be a worthy new post?
    Can classic run os7 or an android email app
    LOL no it can't run OS 7 but I'm sure it can run an android email app with some workarounds. But BB and carriers have released some buggy OS versions lately.
    04-22-15 09:28 AM
    Classis is just plain slow and stuttery compared to my OS7. I've learned to live with it and at the same time have become less efficient. Gotta take the ying with the yang; perfect device does not exist.
    04-22-15 06:24 PM
    Agreed - if at all possible, try and visit a rare store that displays the Passport and you'll see a night and day difference in speed and performance.

I tried the passport and was lightning quick in comparison - couldn't handle the form factor and still had 9900 withdrawal symptoms so purchased the classic two weeks ago. The slow and laggy OS on the Classic is too frustrating.

Not sure where to go from here. May try the AT&T Passport as many claim it's much easier to type on that the square original version.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 07:49 PM
    Sounds like the classic needs a serious OS update.
    04-22-15 07:56 PM