I'm switching from an iPhone 5 and couldn't be happier so far! I've been able to get all of the contacts transferred, music from iTunes transferred, and Bluetooth up and running in my car and able to make calls with no problems.

The only thing that has been a pain so far, and it isn't a fault of the Blackberry, is getting the damn iMessage problem fixed. I've deregistered online, put the SIM back into my iPhone and turned off iMessage, and messages still won't come through from an Apple product. Apple support says to wait up to 24 hours........

How long did it take your deregistration to work??

I think the swtich back to Blackberry was smart!
    03-10-15 08:58 AM
    Congrats on getting out of the Hive/Matrix. I guess you didn't come out of it unscathed.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-10-15 09:19 AM
    Isn't it odd that if an iMessage can't get delivered, Apple's system is not smart enough to re-send the same message via SMS? It would be interesting to know how many iMessages are in limbo.
    03-10-15 09:25 AM
    Mine deregistered instantly

Posted via my BlackBerry Classic
    03-10-15 09:30 AM
    It took much longer than 24 hours for me. At the time (January 2014), it took about 30 days, which is what Apple said on their website.

For my friends that had iPhones (which was pretty much all of them), they had to resend a message as SMS three separate times. After that, it would usually default to SMS in instead of iMessage. In some scenarios, I had them change my phone number type from "iPhone" to "mobile ".

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 09:45 AM
    I never thought about having them change it in their phones from "iPhone" to "Mobile". I did try and delete the message thread on my wife's phone start a new conversation by typing in the phone number and that didn't work.
    03-10-15 10:13 AM
    So here is my complete list of 'solutions' I posted a while ago from when i switched to BB.

- Change your Apple ID password
    - Turn off iMessages on any other Apple products you own
    - Create a new Apple ID (I didn't do this one)
    - Unregister your iPhone on the Apple website
    - Remove your cell number from your Apple profile (only if you're still using the same number on your current BlackBerry)
    - Ask your friends and family who own iPhones to turn off iMessages, turn it back on, and also turn on SMS messages.
    - Also, someone that has an iPhone texts you and their status says "not delivered," they could just click and hold that message and choose "Send as Text Message." According to what I've been told (for all I know, this might not even be true), if they have to do that for three messages, it will default to send as a text instead of iMessage.

Not sure which of these worked when I first tried to get off iMessage. But you would like to see the complete thread for more details, here it is:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...96/index2.html
    03-10-15 04:57 PM
    The actual solution to this problem is to never use a cRaPpLe product to begin with and stay that way throughout the course of your life.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 07:01 PM
    haha, that's one way to solve a problem
    03-12-15 07:03 PM
    Welcome to the Blackberry Family.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 08:17 PM
    Mine deregistered instantly

You got some confirmation from Apple when it was done, or you knew just from you sending a regular SMS and it bypassed iMessage?
    03-12-15 08:52 PM
    It troubles me that people are having trouble when it relates to switching from iphone to android/blackberry/windows with the imessage problem. It almost seems that Apple is trying to make it hard for people to leave to go to another platform.
    03-12-15 10:45 PM
    Yes, they sent me a text and then I tested it with a friend who had an iphone

03-12-15 10:54 PM
    You can leave Apple but Apple never really leaves you.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 11:46 PM