Hi all,

So the Classic was launched in December 2014 so for the early buyers, the phone is 18 months old.

For the power users who bought this phone, how does the quality and durability compare to previous devices?

I have had mine for about 5 months and so far so good. The battery life isn't what I expected to be honest but I don't know if that's my specific unit or the current OS. I am getting about 14 hours total of battery life.

So far the phone holding up well. I am a medium - heavy user and no real issues to report.

How about the rest of the long term users?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 02:59 AM
    What OS are you currently running?

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    06-08-16 03:02 AM
    What OS are you currently running?

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    I am running 10.3.2.2474 on Wind Mobile. I just did a check and it's the latest OS available.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 03:55 AM
    You can autoload or blitz 10.3.2.2813
    06-08-16 04:01 AM
    Mine went back after 6 months for double typing. It had small light leakage between screen and keyboard But it's replacement had been awesome. Great build. No leaks and a good keyboards. I bought it first week or two of release in Australia. I think that was Feb.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 08:59 AM
    Mine is holding up fairly well.
    I got it at release and after constant moderate to heavy use i'm noticing a couple things starting to wear.

Early Classic buyers, how has your Classic held up?-img_20160608_081942_hdr.jpg

The silver edge of the trackpad is wearing, and the highest points on the S, T and Y keys have a bit of paint rubbing off.
    The corners of the phone have nicks from drops.

Otherwise, all the hardware is fine.
    Some people on the forums have noted issues with double typing, speakers, headphone jack, screen, 'light bleed', or the trackpad sensitivity. But I have not had any of these issues.

As for the battery, I get an average of 21 hours. I only use 3 android applications. Chive, Google Maps, and Kijiji.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 09:43 AM
    got my Classic end of Dec-2014 too...
    Brillant battery performance ever since, using NO Android app's at all BB10 app's only and get about a full day out of it under normal condition, with permanent use of WiFi, VPN and bad carrier reception, several email accounts and BES in use, battery is usually still around 35% at the end of the day.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    06-08-16 11:16 AM
    Nasty!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 11:30 AM
    Early Classic buyers, how has your Classic held up?-img_3429.jpg
    I'd say mine is holding up pretty good, minus the nick from the only drop it ever had

Posted from my Passport
    06-09-16 05:55 AM
    I had returned one unit because it wouldn't power down using the hangup key - I think now that I might have been using it incorrectly, however, after getting more experience with the unit.

Other than that, no issues - holding up just fine. I have a think, cheap plastic cover, several drops, no damage at all. Sometimes gets a signal where the wife's iPhone doesn't - hehehehehehehehehe.
    06-09-16 09:30 AM
    I am on my third. For me it is the USB charging port that stops working. I am bending over backwards to be gentle to this one, and so far it is ok. Still love the phone and BB10 (putting on flame retardant suit).
    06-09-16 10:43 AM
    Otterbox Defender case has kept my Classic in "like new" condition no issues at all.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    06-09-16 11:28 AM
    The plastic border on the bottom (before anyone says anything, every BB phone with a metal bezel is plastic on the bottom.) is starting to chip and show the black underneath. Mine is the AT&T version with wireless charging, so the logo on the back cover were just some little metallic looking stickers stuck in the BB logo pattern. First one fell out, I ignored it, then another fell out, so I just took them all out, lol. Other than those two things, mine is still holding up well.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-09-16 02:27 PM
    My wife's AT&T Classic is holding up well after a year. However, this is her second unit: the first one went back after 60 days when the speaker failed, meaning no sound from the phone.

One other thing I can report, both regarding her Classic and my Passport: they stand up well to pet chews, cat and dog. In both cases, it was good to have a bottom lip below the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-16 11:28 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3429.JPG 
Views:	766 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	401787
    I'd say mine is holding up pretty good, minus the nick from the only drop it ever had

Posted from my Passport
    it looks like you have a sort of film protector on the toolbelt, or is it just me? If so, where did you get it?
    06-10-16 01:46 AM
    After 16 months with heavy use:

Battery duration is less than 15h.

Pkb is still ok but sometimes the 's' and 'j' are less responsive.

Trackpad sometimes has its own life and is less responsive also.

Bezel bottom plastic paint has some scratches.

Apart from that, the Classic is robust and reliable.

Regards
    06-10-16 05:39 AM
    My first one on release day seemed great until I tried to make a call and discovered the phone speaker did not work. After a swap two hours later all was good for almost a year when double-typing began. A quick repair fixed that.
    Other than that I once dropped it and needed a repair (long story).
    In general a workhorse.
    I use it constantly and heavily and it is still ticking.

Posted via CB10
    sewnut likes this.
    06-10-16 06:27 AM
    Today marks 16 months of Classic ownership. I can happily report that my little Blackrazor (Yes, I name stuff. Don't judge me ) has performed flawlessly. It is my #1 device. I also use it as a mobile hot spot for my Passport. Currently testing out a Priv. Hot spot speed is really good on the Classic.
    06-10-16 07:01 AM
    Got mine on launch, still works fine for the most part, only running invoice maker pro and instagram from android, and battery last almost full workday, it does lag a lot sometimes for no apparent reason. It's like it's falling asleep and doesn't know what's going on, sometimes my fingers outrun the words being shown while using the mobile browser and sometimes even texting or using email. But overall it has held up great, never put a case on it, it's got some light scratches but nothing major. It was built well. I work in construction and a very dusty environment, sometimes I get dust in keypad making certain letters unresponsive but nothing a little compressed air doesn't fix, I am probably better off going to an all touch device where there are no moving parts, let's see what the future brings, I'm intriged by the new moto z

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 09:24 AM
    it looks like you have a sort of film protector on the toolbelt, or is it just me? If so, where did you get it?
    No film protector on the toolbelt. I'm think it was the angle and my screen protector that made it look like that

Posted from my Passport
    06-10-16 10:33 PM
    Had my Black Classic since launch... Tip top order! Functions like a champ. Zero issues in regard to build or quality... Perfect as can be and just as lovely as the day I unboxed it... I use my Classic hard, my daily driver since November of last year (prior I was using it as my secondary device, my 9900 my daily driver). Still the only device I feel worthy of handling all my essential needs, i.e, phone phone functions... I have 2 Blue Classics and another Black Classic hoarded away on standby in case this one ever goes down, but at this point I'm convinced my Classic is a tank...

Posted via CB10
    lopez2013 and sewnut like this.
    06-11-16 04:47 AM
    It's a just Photoshop not film

J Be....Here But Gone...
    06-11-16 05:10 AM
    Had my Classic since April 2015. It's been the best Blackberry I've ever had and if it was for What's App leaving BB10 I would have this for years but I have some thinking at the end of the year.
    Anyway, only wear and tear is around the trackpad and I use the keyboard every day and no signs of buttons being worn.
    I've dropped it a few times on concrete (a few meaning about 10) and the only damage is on the silver casing. No marks on the screen or buttons or even on the back. I've had a case a few times but it just don't feel the same.
    It runs just as well as when I first had it but this requires keeping a eye on memory and cleaning caches a lot.
    Only real problem I have is the signal dropping while on a call but all phones have small issues.

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    sewnut likes this.
    06-11-16 05:11 PM
    It runs just as well as when I first had it but this requires keeping a eye on memory and cleaning caches a lot...
    May I ask what caches you are referring to, and how do you clear them?

Thanks,

Niall

Posted via CB10
    06-13-16 04:15 PM
    Caches stored via apps and browser. I found CCLEANER helpful with cleaning memory.

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    06-13-16 08:35 PM