Hello all,

Month old Classic here and so far I love it! This device is a beast in terms of fit and finish and quality.

I managed to drop it a few days ago on pavement. Everything is fine but I got a little scuff on the silver frame right where the bottom fret/ ALT key is.

I know that the bottom part of the frame is considered plastic I suspect this is what happened. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can fix this as best as possible? Any touch up that anyone has used in the past?

Many thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 03:49 AM
    I would just buy some frame parts on eBay. The Classic comes apart pretty easy with a star driver, you have to pull the (glued) back off, and the bottom thumbrest(which is clipped and glued), to get to the screws. Stanley blade works for this, but be super careful if you don't want marks on your Classic's case!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 05:02 AM
    Another option is to visit a service center and have the part replaced.
    03-29-16 07:46 AM
    If it is really just the outer silver frame only the paint that is scuffed, some automotive 'touch-up' paint could do the trick too.

I'd be more in favor of something like that as this is a device you will carry with you on a daily basis... no sense replacing every part that gets a scratch on it but you can at least keep it looking new-ish.
    03-29-16 08:02 AM
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I know I want my device to be flawless but at the end of the day this is a workhorse of a phone. Can't expect it to be mint condition for its life.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 02:12 PM
    Perfect time to get all sexy and run with an awesome carbon skin or something of the sort... No one will know what lies beneath, but you...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 02:54 PM
    I would not attempt any touch up that involves paint, you will regret it. I have sanded down with a very fine graded sand paper, like 5000, but you have to be very careful. I would live with it, and learn to appreciate your now flawed device.
    03-29-16 05:40 PM
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I know I want my device to be flawless but at the end of the day this is a workhorse of a phone. Can't expect it to be mint condition for its life.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, if you can live with a tiny flaw then by all means let the unit be - also shows how tough this device is...but if you're planning to sell it in the long run, it will hurt it's resale value.
    03-29-16 11:07 PM