I don't want to start any rumors but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing any issues. I have had my Classic since launch day and it seems like I'm starting to have double typing issues with the "o" key... I experienced this dreaded problem with both of my Q10s, and I'm really hoping that it's a software issue. Just noticed it in the past week or so. Anyone else notice this?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 09:23 AM
    I don't want to start any rumors but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing any issues. I have had my Classic since launch day and it seems like I'm starting to have double typing issues with the "o" key... I experienced this dreaded problem with both of my Q10s, and I'm really hoping that it's a software issue. Just noticed it in the past week or so. Anyone else notice this?

Posted via CB10
    It wasnt a software issue on the Q10, why should it be on the Classic?
    Btw- hope there is no double typing issue on the Classic :/ Because of tapes everywhere inside the Classic it will be almost impossible to self repair this issue!
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 02-06-15 at 10:10 AM.
    02-06-15 09:29 AM
    I think I saw one person on here with the issue, but they couldn't determine if it was the device or just them been clumsy
    02-06-15 09:30 AM
    Oooooooooo

10 o's, no double type

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 09:43 AM
    Yeah, I know it wasn't a software issue on the Q10. It just frustrates me that this might be happening with my new Classic. It is sporadic right now. Maybe once or twice a day.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 09:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    OOOOOOoooooooohhhhhhh,

you, sir, have just opened the PANDORA BOX!
    02-06-15 09:57 AM
    I've had the classic over a month, and I haven't encountered any double typing issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 10:10 AM
    3 classics in the household here no issues!

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.1154
    02-06-15 10:30 AM
    I did get a bit of double-typing here and there. Nothing major. One time last week when I typed 'Where are you?' It came out 'Wheere. Aree. You'. It seemed like the spacebar and "E" was affected.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    02-06-15 01:16 PM
    I've had the classic over a month, and I haven't encountered any double typing issues.
    I recall a whole bunch of these posts about the Q.

That turned out swell.
    02-06-15 01:47 PM
    There already is a thread about double typing on the classic. I replaced mine because of that.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 04:38 AM
    I have double typing issue on my Q10. But I think it's about "hardware failure".

Just waiting my Red Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 04:53 AM
    There already is a thread about double typing on the classic. I replaced mine because of that.

Posted via CB10
    I'm thinking about doing the same thing. Did you buy yours through amazon or blackberry, or what? Also, did you replace it through blackberry warranty?

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 07:12 AM
    And can't believe BlackBerry didn't rectify and improved this issue with the Classic. I switch to the classic now.

I had that problem with my Q10 4 times.

This is just unbelievable.
    02-07-15 07:21 AM
    Got mine from amazon and they had a special deal before Christmas so I could send it back until end of January. Thank god I didn't have to go through warranty.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 08:06 AM
    Return it for repair.
    Since it happens randomly consider to film it. Then it is easier to claim the rapair.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 08:10 AM
    Yeah. I think I'm going to call up BlackBerry on Monday. For everyone's awareness, they actually have 24-hr support. I just got my Passport back yesterday from warranty repair. I had the dreaded screen lift problem and had to send it in for a replacement. They sent me a FedEx prepostage paid package within 48 hours, and I got my replacement phone back within 7 days of shipping. Guess it's time for round 2 with my Classic. I had two Q10s that had the double typing problem and I really don't want to go through it again.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 09:03 AM
    Oh gosh, the dreaded double typing frustration I remember from Palm Pre+ is coming back.. it was the most frustrating experience ever.
    I never realized it, but the virtual keyboards have an advantage in that regard.
    Now I'm on the fence about purchasing one
    02-07-15 09:43 AM
    I don't know why they wouldn't be able to fix it with software, even if it was a hardware issue. They can simply insert code that will ignore double typing if the same key registers twice within 1/10 of a second or something like that.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-07-15 10:02 AM
    I don't know why they wouldn't be able to fix it with software, even if it was a hardware issue. They can simply insert code that will ignore double typing if the same key registers twice within 1/10 of a second or something like that.
    Great suggestion! If they can figure out intentional vs unintentional (holding a button vs pressing a button) then I think we'll have a winner.
    Did the Bold have this issue as well? Wasn't Bold one of the best build quality phones RIM released?
    I really want a crackberry :'(
    02-07-15 10:18 AM
    Great suggestion! If they can figure out intentional vs unintentional (holding a button vs pressing a button) then I think we'll have a winner.
    Did the Bold have this issue as well? Wasn't Bold one of the best build quality phones RIM released?
    I really want a crackberry :'(
    My 9900 did it sometimes...

Posted via Q10Bold
    02-07-15 02:10 PM
    My 9900 did it sometimes...

Posted via Q10Bold
    Curses!
    I guess it's a matter of how frequent it happens, because on the Palm Pre+ it happened frequently and you spent more time deleting than typing..
    02-07-15 06:02 PM
    Only when Mmmy ffffffinggggerrr stuttterzazazaaa!

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 07:25 PM
    I did get a bit of double-typing here and there. Nothing major. One time last week when I typed 'Where are you?' It came out 'Wheere. Aree. You'. It seemed like the spacebar and "E" was affected.

The usual suspects. These keys get hit very often. I reckon, if it was doable, they should reinforce space and the vowels, especially the "e".

OT:

Fluke? ;-)

Attachment 334322

  Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...  
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 02-18-15 at 05:13 AM.
    02-18-15 04:36 AM
    The usual suspects. These keys get hit very often. I reckon, if it was doable, they should reinforce space and the vowels, especially the "e".

OT:

Fluke? ;-)

Attachment 334322

  Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...  
    I think this happens to me every other day now. It's only once on the affected days but not enough to drive me crazy yet.

02-18-15 01:12 PM