The only thing I REALLY MISS most from my new beloved Classic and need at night is the optical trackpad being "lit up" or illuminated in the dark.

You've the presence of the elements of the Fabulous BlackBerry Four and the King of the Belt, its' presence, "Darkened", or blacked out, 'the Dome.' (my words lol).

Now, why is this necessary to complete the BlackBerry Experience? It is, if you do a lot of work at night. As a small business owner, I am any and everywhere, and appreciated the 'Dome' being lit on my BBOS devices of yesteryear, simply not here now... Why, with an "upgraded" powerhouse as this? Hmmm. Maybe...Just maybe, on the new "Classic 2?"
    BlckBrry46 likes this.
    03-21-15 03:37 PM
    I'm with you. The first time I saw how it acted on the 9900 so many years ago it was weird how much it added to the experience in both the usage experience and aesthetic. Behavior during boot was cool, too. Admittedly it was much more baffling why it didn't light up before I understood it was smaller than trackpads prior. But at least now I understand that because of that, it could more be a possible hardware limitation than anything else. I still hope they make it happen on the next model, though.
    06-07-15 11:00 AM
    I love the glow of the trackpad... It signifies life, the beating heart of productivity, in fact! The beacon of hope in the dead of the night... Perhaps if the Classic 2 truly makes its' debut that will be a feature that BlackBerry resurrects...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 06-07-15 at 11:25 AM.
    06-07-15 11:10 AM
    It would be great if the track pad flashed off and on (slowly and softly) when a new message came in.
    06-07-15 11:15 AM
    It would be great if the track pad flashed off and on (slowly and softly) when a new message came in.
    It would be an awesome functionality to have on deck, giving the trackpad a greater task on BB10 OS vs its' Legacy OS run, but I would like to have the ability to turn that function off that is added, or maybe limited the times it flash to when it's on standby or not in use as the flashing LED is annoying as is when in use, having it front and center between the keyboard and screen could pose a distraction or irritant for me...

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 11:21 AM
    It would be an awesome functionality to have in deck, giving the trackpad a greater task on BB10 OS vs its' Legacy OS run, but I would like to have the ability to turn that function off that is added, or maybe limited the times it flash to when it's on standby or not in use as the flashing LED is annoying as is when in use, having it front and center between the keyboard and screen could pose a distraction or irritant for me...

Posted via CB10
    It would actually just be going all way back to the true classic... my pearl 8100 trackball could light up different colors

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 11:25 AM
    It would actually just be going all way back to the true classic... my pearl 8100 trackball could light up different colors

Posted via CB10
    The pearl was beautiful... I remember the disco-ball capabilities of the trackpad being the envy of my friends! They had their Nokia something or others, I had the Pearl... The trackball was faulty though... So many times mine popped free An easy fix, but a pain in the patoot...

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 11:30 AM
    The illuminated trackpad was one of my favorite parts of my old Bold 9900.

Posted via CB10
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-07-15 01:10 PM