Now that BlackBerry has released a new non-camera phone, I'm putting the word out in my area via Craigslist, since my employer (nearly 20000 employed) forbids camera phones. Hopefully this will help get some more Classics in the hands of locals.

Anyone else who lives near or works at a place where cameras aren't allowed, get the word out!

Posted from a non-camera BlackBerry Classic
    kitmo likes this.
    04-29-15 06:05 AM
    This is great! Keep spreading the word!
    04-29-15 06:27 AM
    I would love to see BlackBerry release the non-camera variant of the BlackBerry Classic for sale through other sales channels and countries (for example unlocked via ShopBlackBerry.com or Amazon) versus being what seems to be exclusive to Verizon in the USA as I think it would sell quite well.

I know of a few employers locally that disallow phones with cameras here and it has held a lot of folks back from being able to upgrade their device, or they've been required to have the camera physically removed (or in some cases damaged if not able to be removed) on their device in order to use it at work.
    04-29-15 07:55 AM
    There's a thread on CB somewhere stating that the phone actually is unlocked! He has it working on T-Mo, just popped in the SIM card.

It's probably VZ branded just because nobody else struck a deal to sell it. I have a buddy on AT&T who will let me pop in his sim card to test it. He's out of town right now though.

The caveat of course is you'll have to buy outright with no subsidy or payment plan, to use on another carrier.

Posted from a non-camera BlackBerry Classic
    04-29-15 08:03 AM