Hi Guys,

So I have been having issues with my Passport not picking up weak gms/gprs signal in my house and out and about places and I have had to go back to my Bold 9780 which gets signal everywhere !, Ive been using to for the past 2 weeks on and off and love it again so I was thinking of maybe picking up the classic as I love all the layout and tool belt but want BB10 .

However I dont really want to buy it to find out I have the same issue not getting signal. So as the title suggests has anyone used both, with one gets signal better, have you noticed signal improvement ? - any help would be great.
    09-16-15 07:42 AM
    Yes I can attest to the Classic getting better signal quality than my passport on Tmobile, I know I have seen several threads regarding the same results here in the forums
    09-16-15 08:52 AM
    Yes I can attest to the Classic getting better signal quality than my passport on Tmobile, I know I have seen several threads regarding the same results here in the forums
    Agreed...I have a Classic and a Passport SE on T-Mobile and I also find that the Classic has much better signal strength.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:49 AM
    Yes. I'm a stickler when it comes to signal strength reception and I test all my phone thoroughly. The Classic is definitely better for signal reception on Tmobile. There is an area where the signal from the towers is weak and my OG Passport will always drop out but the Classic doesn't miss a beat going through there. I haven't had a chance to test the Silver Passport in that area but dbm wise, it appears to be better than the OG Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 12:34 PM
    I am not on T Mobile like the other posters, but I can attest to my Classic having a better signal then my Passport.
    A perfect example is my daily use. When I use the Passport, I get one bar LTE at my desk, or a few bars of 4G whenever I sit back in my chair.
    When I use my Classic, I get at least 3 bars LTE no matter where I am in the office.
    I know it's kind of hard to picture without actually seeing my office layout, but my observation is that I get a more constant and stronger signal with the Classic.

Posted via the BlackBerry Classic
    SeBEx123 likes this.
    09-16-15 10:40 PM
    Yes it does. Better WiFi aswell for me compared to the passport i had

Posted via CB10
    SeBEx123 likes this.
    09-17-15 12:14 AM
    Really? I'm about to trade my Samsung Galaxy S4 with a Passport OG. Do I have to reconsider my decision?

Posted via Classic
    09-17-15 12:54 AM
    My Classic(s) always had better reception than my original Passport. Currently I am using the SE Passport and it is better than the original, I'd also say the reception is better than it is on the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    SeBEx123 likes this.
    09-17-15 03:46 AM
    Really? I'm about to trade my Samsung Galaxy S4 with a Passport OG. Do I have to reconsider my decision?

Posted via Classic
    I don't think you have to reconsider.

Guaranteed the Passport will still have a better signal then the S4. A matter of fact, almost any BlackBerry will have a better signal then that. Even last year when I was rocking a Q5 for a bit, I had switched from the Note 3. I was getting signal in places I wouldn't usually.
    And days where I use my Passport, I get a more dependable signal then my wife does with her S5. Example: the local Wal-Mart here. It's a deadzone for most people, my wife included, but I get at least a 4G signal when I am back in the dairy section!
    See the trend?

09-17-15 08:07 AM
    I've used the classic for a few days and I personally found the Passport better for reception

 вιaсĸвεггч Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2339 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    09-17-15 11:36 AM
    Guaranteed the Passport will still have a better signal then the S4. A matter of fact, almost any BlackBerry will have a better signal then that. Even last year when I was rocking a Q5 for a bit, I had switched from the Note 3. I was getting signal in places I wouldn't usually.
    And days where I use my Passport, I get a more dependable signal then my wife does with her S5. Example: the local Wal-Mart here. It's a deadzone for most people, my wife included, but I get at least a 4G signal when I am back in the dairy section!
    One of the reasons why I ditched the Galaxy Note Edge was due to bad signal quality. I'd even go so far and say I've never had a phone which had such a poor cellular reception. There really is a day and night difference compared to the Passport (SE).

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 12:26 PM
    My Classic gets a better ATT signal and wifi than my ATT Passport.

I have them set up the same and the same OS. Not sure why but it is what it is
    09-17-15 08:51 PM

See the trend?

I trade my S4 with a Passport today; however, I dont benefit from it because it's still under wiping process after 10 hours.

Posted via Classic
    09-18-15 12:55 AM
    I trade my S4 with a Passport today; however, I dont benefit from it because it's still under wiping process after 10 hours.

Posted via Classic
    O that's a scary sign! Hopefully you get that issue sorted out.

09-18-15 07:41 AM
    I do not see any big difference between Passport and Classic in term of reception. Their performance is pretty close.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    09-18-15 05:41 PM
    My sister has a passport with att and she has lte everywhere, but when she is calling someone it drops to 4g. My classic does the same. The call quality is still good and no dropped calls so it has never bothered us

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 09:43 PM
    So the PP SE reception is better the Classic and the Claasic is better than the original PP?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 08:49 AM