On the Fido network and can not receive or send emails on BB Classic unless I'm within a signed-in wifi area. Fido tech nor BB helpful in resolving. My BB Bold worked perfectly on their network using email, with a data and text package. Any one with Fido have the same issue and manage to get it resolved? Fido's solution was to let me out of my contract and take my 'non-Fido-phone' elsewhere, but that is my last resort.
    02-04-15 04:53 PM
    I have a friend who's running an unlocked Classic on Fido. No issues.

Have you tried a security wipe? Is "Data Services" enabled in "Mobile Network"? Does web browsing work over cellular? Is it just email that doesn't work?
    02-04-15 08:51 PM
    Make sure you also no longer have a blackberry data plan. The new blackberries don't use a special plan, just regular data.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 09:13 PM
    Less of a concern. Legacy/BIS plans work with any device (BB10/Android/iPhone), whereas BIS devices (OS 7 and earlier) don't work on regular data plans.
    02-04-15 09:28 PM
    I have a Rogers Classic on fido and it works great. Where did u get the classic from? It's not wind is it?
    02-04-15 10:22 PM
    Like John stated in previous post. Take off your old Blackberry data package and tell them to put it to regular data. BBOS10 devices no longer use the blackberry add on.

Im running a un locked Telus blackberry passport on the fido networl flawlessly!!!

Also if it is Wind there is no issue because their blackberry's are pentaband and work with all north american providers when unlocked.
    02-04-15 10:27 PM
    Less of a concern. Legacy/BIS plans work with any device (BB10/Android/iPhone), whereas BIS devices (OS 7 and earlier) don't work on regular data plans.
    This applies to Rogers/Fido, but not Bell and Telus.

If you have a BIS plan and you use a non-BB phone, you WILL be charged pay per use data.
    02-05-15 12:28 PM
    Thanks John. I've now changed from my old BB Bold data plan, so hopefully it will work when the change happens in 24 hours. Much appreciated.
    02-05-15 01:41 PM
    Thanks Bold!. I decided to try your and John's suggestion and will know tomorrow if it's a fix.
    02-05-15 01:44 PM
    Problem solved! Thanks again!
    02-09-15 11:53 AM