Files I edit or create with Documents To Go are no longer readable by other forms of Microsoft Word or Excel. Is there any way around this?
    Last edited by Sporkguy3; 01-25-20 at 01:21 PM.
    01-25-20 10:57 AM
    Wordpad can read and edit the documents.
    Sporkguy3 likes this.
    01-25-20 09:53 PM
    Okay, so testing the issue is really only with excel, that is if I edit a document from a newer version of excel on Docs to Go the saved file is corrupt on other devices. So a better question is whether there is another app to edit excel files with that can be downloaded for the blackberry Classic?
    01-27-20 01:37 PM
    Try using Kingsoft Office. Not sure if the most recent Android versions work but when you find one that does it will have better compatibility with modern office support

Edit: Looks like renamed to WPS Office

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e_eng&hl=en_US
    Sporkguy3 likes this.
    01-27-20 01:44 PM
    Try using Kingsoft Office. Not sure if the most recent Android versions work but when you find one that does it will have better compatibility with modern office support

Edit: Looks like renamed to WPS Office

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e_eng&hl=en_US
    I was able to get the most recent version running on the classic and it was able to open the corrupted files. I may try to use this app to simply fix the corrupted files, since Docs to Go is much smoother on the Classic.

Thanks!
    01-28-20 06:18 PM
    Thanks for your messages, to be honest after coming across this forum I guess I might try to restore my corrupted documents. I had the same issue with Documents To Go (spoiler - updating didn`t help). I unsuccessfully opened Excel documents multiple times, then lost heart and got down to researching the issue. I even mane my own manual on docsie.io. https://www.docsie.io/try_docsie/ga/create_user_manual/ I still have no idea what went wrong initially but at least now I feel like I can duck and dive in the subject. It`s quite disappointing that compatibility is still an issue especially when the range of applications to use is limited. But I really hope the situation improves soon.
    Last edited by ManusFechis; 06-25-21 at 06:35 AM.
    06-16-21 02:29 AM