09-19-15 08:51 PM
34 12
tools
    You cannot add either rows or columns in a spreadsheet in the Classic Documents to Go. I moved from a Bold (where it was a snap to do this) to the Classic a couple of weeks ago. I still have the option of calling Blackberry for help. I called about the issue and I was told that you cannot insert either rows or columns in a spreadsheet.

Blackberry is supposed to be a business tool. I do not play little games on the device, but use it for business. As such I depend on Documents to Go for my business, specially when meeting with clients. Spreadsheet have been around since prehistoric times. It is unconceivable that Blackberry releases a spreadsheet application that does not have the ability to insert rows and columns. It is like releasing a phone that can only take calls, but not made any. Inserting rows or columns in a spreadsheet is an elementary function to almost any spreadsheet application in the market today - from the very old Microsoft Works, to Microsoft Excel!!!

We should put enough pressure on them to address and correct this problem. There is no excuse for this.

Please let me know how you feel about this.

Thanks.
    BBRYQ10, johnnyhead and t.c.3 like this.
    01-21-15 09:15 PM
    I've brought this issue to BlackBerry a few times since mid- 2013 through various avenues. They have not addressed it.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 09:55 PM
    Amazing!
    01-21-15 10:35 PM
    I have also noticed that as of late. I searched for a solution and came to a pdf documentation for the legacy OS Docs to Go. Obviously it was possible back then, because there is a short paragraph on how to do it. Doesn't work on the new BB10 version though.

Another problem related to this is driving me nuts: How the hell do I adjust the size of a column/row? Clicking on it directly brings up some sort of bar or slider, which I thought it could be used for adjusting the size. However touching it doesn't work at all, using the trackpad also doesn't work.

It's great so many people around here care so much for Instagram, Snapchat and whatever else "hip" must-have apps are out there right now, yet essential core apps for productivity, which BlackBerry is about, get no complains at all. Be it PIM apps like Contacts and Calendar, be it good native document editing. At least our native Acrobat Reader matured nicely compared to the initial release.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 02:33 AM
    Yeah, another lacking area in a business phone.

Work around is to use WPS Free Mobile Office from Kingsoft on Amazon store.
    01-22-15 07:15 AM
    I thoroughly agree with you. Blackberry is supposed to be a business tool, not a toy. anyhow, to size a column tap on the header. A menu will open on the right. Choose edit. The column will show some vertical bars. Tap and hold where the bars are until the phone vibrates. Then slid.e your finger right or left to increase/decrease the size. A completely idiotic procedure. Blackberry has to stop focusing on applications, most of which are pure garbage and start focusing on serving the business community. Those are the people, like me, who would switch to the classic. I am happy in general with the phone, but issues like this one are simply inexcusable.
    andy957 and Taigatrommel like this.
    01-23-15 10:54 PM
    Choose edit. The column will show some vertical bars. Tap and hold where the bars are until the phone vibrates. Then slid.e your finger right or left to increase/decrease the size.
    I tried this several times. Touch phones and me just do not get along. Would not pick up my finger press on the tiny vertical lines I guess.
    01-24-15 08:55 AM
    I am a lawyer. All we lawyers do is exchange documents, redline documents, insert annoying footnotes in documents, and then insert comments in documents. On my 9930 I could see footnotes and comments easily. On my Q10, all you see is the superscript footnote indicator and a bracketed letter anchoring a comment, but you cannot read the footnote or comment. So to exchange documents, we now have to .pdf our documents so others can read footnotes and comments. How silly is that? Since BB's market includes people like me and our annoying footnotes and document comments, someone needs to spend to $100K to get someone to write the code necessary to bring this functionality back. How hard could it be if it existed on BB7?

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10, Technomotive and gvs1341 like this.
    01-27-15 09:48 PM
    I am a lawyer. All we lawyers do is exchange documents, redline documents, insert annoying footnotes in documents, and then insert comments in documents. On my 9930 I could see footnotes and comments easily. On my Q10, all you see is the superscript footnote indicator and a bracketed letter anchoring a comment, but you cannot read the footnote or comment. So to exchange documents, we now have to .pdf our documents so others can read footnotes and comments. How silly is that? Since BB's market includes people like me and our annoying footnotes and document comments, someone needs to spend to $100K to get someone to write the code necessary to bring this functionality back. How hard could it be if it existed on BB7?

Posted via CB10
    The problem is most BBOS developers have been fired and the BB10 ones probably never used one, the knowledge is gone. BB have to wait for you to tell them what they forgot they had.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    01-28-15 05:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Look at the bright side, if it takes you longer, you can bill more hours (something you left out of your "all Lawyers do" list)!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 09:34 AM
    Lol

Z 30
    01-28-15 11:01 AM
    I've complained about this since back in the PlayBook docs to go days.

My work around is to download the android version of Docs to go (from the Amazon app store-- the premium key is sometimes part of the free apps of the day), open the spreadsheet with it, insert row/column, save, exit, and reopen the spreadsheet with native Docs to go (it has a much nicer interface).

If they haven't added this in 3(4?) years since the PlayBook first came out, I'm pretty sure they will never add it (lost the code, the guy that knows the password to decrypt the code got fired, etc).

It's a complete embarrassment of a 'digital' spreadsheet to be unable to insert and delete columns/rows. Might as well just use a paper spreadsheet.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:10 AM
    Might as well get an android then like Galaxy Note

Z 30
    01-28-15 11:30 AM
    I've complained about this since back in the PlayBook docs to go days.

My work around is to download the android version of Docs to go (from the Amazon app store-- the premium key is sometimes part of the free apps of the day), open the spreadsheet with it, insert row/column, save, exit, and reopen the spreadsheet with native Docs to go (it has a much nicer interface).

If they haven't added this in 3(4?) years since the PlayBook first came out, I'm pretty sure they will never add it (lost the code, the guy that knows the password to decrypt the code got fired, etc).

It's a complete embarrassment of a 'digital' spreadsheet to be unable to insert and delete columns/rows. Might as well just use a paper spreadsheet.

Posted via CB10

Even more embarrassing that BB owns Dataviz, the company that makes Docs To Go
    andy957 and AnimalPak200 like this.
    01-28-15 02:16 PM
    It's worse then that -- I'm a contingency fee lawyer!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 06:04 PM
    Unbelievable , this is enough to convince me to not migrate from my curve 9620 (that i can obviously insert or remove a line or column in a spreadsheet) to the Classic.
    Last edited by aluiziomachado; 01-29-15 at 07:27 AM.
    01-29-15 06:47 AM
    Agreed with most posts here. Really sad.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:49 AM
    So I got the Amazon App Store downloaded (link available at CNET) and got WPS by Kingsoft (free app). That is a great program for me. I can see footnotes and comments again in Word docs. Now I have to figure out how to tell our IT guy to allow me to install Amazon App Store and WPS by Kingsoft on the Work side of BlackBerry Balance, and I'll be set.

I hope Blackberry Balance let's you install .apk files on the Work side. Anyone know if there's some unalterable prohibition on that? Clearly install is disabled on File Manager for Work side on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 08:39 AM
    can someone tell me if this problem is already fixed ? no line-insert on spreadsheets is a very annoying and severe problem for this type of phone. For me, its a limitation that prevents my upgrade to the classic. How can i go to a phone that cannot edit correctly my spreadsheets ?? I was thinking that for many people , like me, editing spreadsheets is a "must-have" function, and im suprised that many can live without it. So, what is going on ? how do you organize yourself without spreadsheets ?? how do live with this lack ?
    02-06-15 05:07 AM
    Anybody knows if this issue has been addressed ?? It prevents me to upgrade to the classic
    03-01-15 06:37 AM
    Not solved. Docs2Go wasn't really updated with the latest 10.3.1 version.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 06:43 AM
    Good gods! I've just stumbled across this too - I'm staggered; this is very poor. Ditto the bizarre and awful way to widen a row/column. Ugh!!
    05-12-15 11:06 AM
    For what it's worth, I found it totally unbelievable that when I was using my Windows Phone 8, that the Office version of Excel (Microsoft's own for Pete's sake!) couldn't even do this while the Windows version of Docs to Go could. How dumb is THAT? Is it really to much to ask to insert/delete rows/columns? Apparently.
    05-12-15 02:22 PM
    I want to upgrade to the classic but this issue is unacceptable. Can anybody tell me if there is a solution for this question ? Is there any spreadsheet app that overcome this weakness ? thanks
    09-18-15 06:38 PM
    I've talked to BlackBerry about this as well. Usually I end up cutting everything below where I want to insert a line and paste it one line below.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 06:58 PM
34 12