how long do you seem to get and how much difference does it make between 4G and Hspa+ battery life?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:00 AM
    4G does take more battery life but it also depends on the strength of the signal. In my area 4G isn't that strong so my phone goes from LTE to 3G constantly which I found killed my battery.

If don't even bother with 4G now unless I'm in a very strong signal area.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    02-10-15 08:43 AM
    I actually have no other choice because AT&T locks that down. Mine stays on LTE unless I'm not in an area that has a good signal then it drops to 4G. When I go to TN it goes down to EDGE most of the time cuz I'm in the mountains
    02-10-15 08:57 AM
    All the time on LTE. It's relatively strong here in Montreal... and they even have it in the subway now.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:48 AM
    Yes. No point in locking down too much functionality on a phone unless you really need to stretch the battery life
    02-10-15 09:55 AM
    Yeah that's my theory what's the point in having 4g if you ain't going to utilise it

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:56 AM
    I keep LTE turned off myself but mainly due to the fact that LTE coverage isn't great where I am so my battery takes much more of a hit with it on.

Also, for how I use my phone, LTE doesn't really add any benefit since I mainly use it for emails and light browsing. I don't watch videos or go to bandwidth intensive sites.

If I had much better LTE coverage and there wouldn't be any hit to the battery, I'd probably leave it on even if I don't need the performance gains but as it is, I leave it off.
    02-10-15 10:24 AM
    I'm on 2G (data off) + WiFi when available.. when I need Internet and there is no WiFi I turn on data on 4G

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 10:31 AM
    I usually have my phone set on 3G+2G setting. The 3G speeds for me serve all my daily needs.

Posted via CB10
    muellerto likes this.
    02-10-15 11:21 AM
    run LTE all the time in NYC, battery on Q10 runs full day unless I am deep in buildings with no real signal for extended periods of time. with the Passport...No problem, all day and then some...hopefully the Classic will be better than the Q and closer to PP.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:30 PM
    I turn 4G off and get at least 1.5x battery life. I think the issue is more to do with signal strength though as this was the case with my previous phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 02:00 AM
    I usually have 2G+3G+4G enabled on my network settings. I think drain depends, as usual, on your network coverage in your area. If your 4G coverage is rather poor compared to your 3G one, you might be better off disabling 4G.
    I can't provide you with any real world comparisons though. I remember back when I moved last year, from a place with good 4G coverage to a city with rather poor coverage, battery seemed to last less than it did before.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 03:46 AM