I do like the size of the Q10 as is.

Pocketable and easy one handed use. Just now at the airport I saw a person try to use a Galaxy Note or S5 or something and he looked like he was struggling with his one hand.

I am surprised not more people use their phones single handed.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 02:27 AM
    I do like the size of the Q10 as is.

Pocketable and easy one handed use. Just now at the airport I saw a person try to use a Galaxy Note or S5 or something and he looked like he was struggling with his one hand.

I am surprised not more people use their phones single handed.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I guess it's because phones just keep getting bigger and bigger.. Wider, taller, although sometimes thinner. They want mini movie screens in their pockets, if they're even still able to slip their phones in their pockets. But it doesn't compliment a form factor that's quite easily or comfortably held in the hand

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-28-14 06:58 AM
    Why does the creation of the Classic have to be to "kill" the Q10 ??? Why do so many people take this stance on it? I don't think that's Blackberry's motive or intention. It's just a different phone to satisfy users. That's all. If it were made for the purpose of killing the Q10 they'd have said so and would announce the phasing out and EOL date for the Q10 that would be concurrent with the Classic's introduction to the market. If anything the purpose of the Classic is to kill the Bold and the rest of the legacy devices that the Q10 hasn't already adopted into the BB10 ecosystem

Spot on.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    riss89 likes this.
    07-28-14 08:27 AM
    Not quite sure if I personally think that the Classic is the better phone. I will go for the Passport (and might buy the Classic as a backup in the end).

BUT I just spoke to a former colleague of mine who got used to his Q10 after having used legacy devices. He complained about screen size and I showed him a picture of the Passport. It happened that the picture showed a Classic right next to it. I explained him the concept with the belt and he immediately said he will buy this phone for sure as he is missing these features from the legacy devices.

I guess that is the exact target group this phone is aiming for.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 03:47 PM
    Sorry for the term 'kill' guys. My apology.

Anyway, if it's newer, and in line with the passport or the 2nd batch of BB10 device, it should be an upgrade worth it's price.

PH - BlackBerry 10 - Z10 - deal with it
    07-30-14 08:10 PM
    Hardware wise, I have a feeling that the Classic will be slightly worse than the Q10 (no HDMI, all other things being equal). The only other differentiator, the trackpad, is meaningless to someone who successfully transitioned from a Bold 9900 to a Z10/Z30.
    Based upon what Blackberry and Chen have said, I suspect strongly that the Classic will be considerably better than the Q10.
    Must disagree on the trackpad ; for precise cursor placement and clicking tiny hyperlinks the trackpad is still king!
    07-30-14 10:43 PM
    I've never been a fan of the q modelled, they lack functionality and are gesture driven and that's not something I want on my phone. Also not having a toolbelt, removable battery are deal breakers.

The classic really has the potential to become the best BB ever made
    07-31-14 04:34 AM
    It should be better! They have heard feedbacks from the Q10 users and those who refused to upgrade to BB10 so they can do lots of improvements for the Classic.

via Q10
    07-31-14 06:25 AM
    Why does the creation of the Classic have to be to "kill" the Q10 ??? Why do so many people take this stance on it? I don't think that's Blackberry's motive or intention. It's just a different phone to satisfy users. That's all. If it were made for the purpose of killing the Q10 they'd have said so and would announce the phasing out and EOL date for the Q10 that would be concurrent with the Classic's introduction to the market. If anything the purpose of the Classic is to kill the Bold and the rest of the legacy devices that the Q10 hasn't already adopted into the BB10 ecosystem

I agree.
    We should be rejoicing that BlackBerry is giving us a variety of products to choose from.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    riss89 likes this.
    07-31-14 06:38 AM
    I've never been a fan of the q modelled, they lack functionality and are gesture driven and that's not something I want on my phone. Also not having a toolbelt, removable battery are deal breakers.

The classic really has the potential to become the best BB ever made
    The Q10 doesn't have a removable battery? So, am I breaking it every time I remove the battery from my phone? I'm confused...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    07-31-14 03:11 PM
    Mixed the Q with the Z series so sorry yeah the Q 10 does have a removable battery but it lacks the basic functionality of BB7 thanks to no toolbelt.

The Classic will give us back that option and a somewhat bigger screen I also think it will priced below the Passport, at least I hope so.
    07-31-14 05:07 PM
    With all these posts and vows of how and why the Classic will be better than the Q10, and all the many BB legacy users saying that all they need is a trackpad added to a qwerty BB10 device, and the Q10 failed users by lacking it.... Sales of the Classic should be phenomenal ..... What a disappointment it'll be otherwise.

07-31-14 05:13 PM
    With all these posts and vows of how and why the Classic will be better than the Q10, and all the many BB legacy users saying that all they need is a trackpad added to a qwerty BB10 device, and the Q10 failed users by lacking it.... Sales of the Classic should be phenomenal ..... What a disappointment it'll be otherwise.

I wouldn't say "disappointment" otherwise, given that the target for the device is exactly who's going to be buying it. It's not meant to lure in iPhone or Android users by any means. Anything on top of X legacy and enterprise consumers is just icing on the cake in terms of sales.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 05:51 PM

The toolbelt is much more than just a trackpad:
    Phone button
    Menu button
    Back button
    all are needed for comfortable using your phone

Add to that the BB10 failure in terms of customization and terrible shortcutme options compared with legacy devices and sales should be better. They won't be perfect but the phone is thankfully designed for legacy users and to be honest the bbb 9900 with just better specs is exactly what a phone should be.
    07-31-14 06:06 PM
    I wouldn't say "disappointment" otherwise, given that the target for the device is exactly who's going to be buying it. It's not meant to lure in iPhone or Android users by any means. Anything on top of X legacy and enterprise consumers is just icing on the cake in terms of sales.

Posted via CB10
    i agree. i think sales will be fantastic for the classic i would be shocked if its a flop. i never upgraded to a bb10 device because of the lack of buttons. the classic is def my next phone no question

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-31-14 06:08 PM
    Mixed the Q with the Z series so sorry yeah the Q 10 does have a removable battery but it lacks the basic functionality of BB7 thanks to no toolbelt.

The Classic will give us back that option and a somewhat bigger screen I also think it will priced below the Passport, at least I hope so.
    But, even the Z10 has a removable battery. It's only the newer ones that don't... Which me to a point. If their new way of doing things is non-removable batteries, then the Classic might suffer from that too... I hope not, but we'll see...
    07-31-14 10:20 PM
    But, even the Z10 has a removable battery. It's only the newer ones that don't... Which me to a point. If their new way of doing things is non-removable batteries, then the Classic might suffer from that too... I hope not, but we'll see...
    My bad again sorry should specifically mentioned the Z30. But yeah I fully agree with you if non removable batteries are becoming a trend the Classic might the phone which suffers the most from it.

I mean this phone is seen as a successor to the best BB ever made so they can't remove something so useful and life saving.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    07-31-14 10:30 PM
    I came from legacy devices. I'm aware what all the toolbelt entails, and while I don't feel it's absolute necessary to comfortably use a phone, there's been so much emphasis on it's absence from the Q10. So now that they're making a BB10 device that will have it most everyone complaining should be at least somewhat satisfied. My point had nothing to do with iPhone and android users who are happy where they are, it was about everyone currently claiming to be planning on purchasing a Q20 whether they be on the Q10 or still clinging to their legacy phone. Actual sales is what will count in the long run. And a significant number of them, because if they don't pull through and people don't take to it-all those same people who have complained about that the Q10 is lacking an such- then the production of the Classic would be a huge flop and ultimately pointless. That can probably be applied to both enterprise and consumer markets. And yes, that would be shocking, and a huge disappointment ultimately. So I'm for one hoping that's not what will happen.

08-01-14 02:21 AM
    My bad again sorry should specifically mentioned the Z30. But yeah I fully agree with you if non removable batteries are becoming a trend the Classic might the phone which suffers the most from it.

I mean this phone is seen as a successor to the best BB ever made so they can't remove something so useful and life saving.
    Yeah, it just leaves one shaking their head in amazement. What ARE BB marketers thinking? BB's very survival might, among many other things, significantly depend on the success of this device. Why would they risk removing a feature traditionally included in their most successful devices? ??

AFAIK, the ONLY similarity Q20 has with "legacy" is the pkb and toolbelt. They've abandoned device compactness. Ok, maybe I can deal with that. Maybe. ... They've abandoned user assigned accessory keys. Ok, maybe someone will oneday offer an app for user assignable shortcut keys. Maybe. ... They've abandoned charging pads. Ok, at least the usb port is on the bottom so maybe charging cradles might kind of substitute. Maybe. ... Too many maybes so far? Maybe.

BUT! Swappable batteries are a BIG deal for some legacy users!!! BB finally provides the tool belt essential to legacy users and, in the same motion, abandons the swappable battery equally essential to legacy users!

What are these guys thinking? Why would they sabotage the potential of a device that might prove critical to BB's very survival?

Some, here in the break room, are opining that BB needs to hire someone besides Apple for their market research. Lol.

So... In the end, will the Q10 be better than Q20? Q10 lacks toolbelt. Q10 HAS swappable battery. Depends in WHICH legacy feature you value most. We obviously won't get BOTH.
    Carrtman likes this.
    08-01-14 06:56 AM
    Yeah, it just leaves one shaking their head in amazement. What ARE BB marketers thinking? BB's very survival might, among many other things, significantly depend on the success of this device. Why would they risk removing a feature traditionally included in their most successful devices? ??

AFAIK, the ONLY similarity Q20 has with "legacy" is the pkb and toolbelt. They've abandoned device compactness. Ok, maybe I can deal with that. Maybe. ... They've abandoned user assigned accessory keys. Ok, maybe someone will oneday offer an app for user assignable shortcut keys. Maybe. ... They've abandoned charging pads. Ok, at least the usb port is on the bottom so maybe charging cradles might kind of substitute. Maybe. ... Too many maybes so far? Maybe.

BUT! Swappable batteries are a BIG deal for some legacy users!!! BB finally provides the tool belt essential to legacy users and, in the same motion, abandons the swappable battery equally essential to legacy users!

What are these guys thinking? Why would they sabotage the potential of a device that might prove critical to BB's very survival?

Some, here in the break room, are opining that BB needs to hire someone besides Apple for their market research. Lol.

So... In the end, will the Q10 be better than Q20? Q10 lacks toolbelt. Q10 HAS swappable battery. Depends in WHICH legacy feature you value most. We obviously won't get BOTH.
    So I guess you have confirmed information that the Classic will not have a removable battery? Because you're talking like that. A source would be nice.

08-01-14 09:17 AM
    So I guess you have confirmed information that the Classic will not have a removable battery? Because you're talking like that. A source would be nice.

No, I have no independent conformation. Just mostly unfounded anticipations based on more unfounded likelihoods. I should have been clearer about that. Didn't mean to imply I know anything about the Q20 beyond what little we know here. Sorry if it sounded like I do.
    08-01-14 09:44 AM
    No, I have no independent conformation. Just mostly unfounded anticipations based on more unfounded likelihoods. I should have been clearer about that. Didn't mean to imply I know anything about the Q20 beyond what little we know here. Sorry if it sounded like I do.
    Oh ok. They have been pretty quiet about the Classic since they announced it. I would like to hear more about it whether good or bad, lol.

08-01-14 10:50 AM
    Oh ok. They have been pretty quiet about the Classic since they announced it. I would like to hear more about it whether good or bad, lol.

+1000. Our IT guy has NO better info than any of us but his analysis of photos and these forums has him feeding management that he anticipates the 20's batt will be "fixed". His arguments are compelling. He's been itching to get my department into a Casio. Our field service Dept guys hate their Casios and we've successfully convinced management to hold off for us untill we know more. Unfortunately, lack of swappable batts will be pretty close to a deal killer for management. I did TOO good of job, several years ago, talking them out of iPhones because of their fixed batts. Now here I am trying to recommend a BB that might have fixed batt. not the first time BB has undermined our arguments.
    Carrtman likes this.
    08-01-14 12:13 PM

i would like to know also there's alot of ppl stating rumour as fact lately its hard to sort out what's real. all i know is i didnt upgrade to q10 but based on the pictures and info from bby im buying the classic because for me its better

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-01-14 02:46 PM
    I felt the same about the BB 10 it just wasn't the right OS for me, because the BB 7 offered everything I needed. So I had to choose an Android phone as the primary one needless to say I've started to miss the sexy toolbelt options and of course the Shortcutme app (still can't believe Android doesn't have anything close to that app), it's like the Titanium Backup Pro of BB in terms of must-have apps for me. I mean the BB 7 is an old OS for todays standards and yet people are always impressed how fast I'm navigating through my "cheap" curve Blackberry and that's exactly why the Classic has me interested.

The Classic for sure is already in production and the decision on which battery they are going to use should have been decided by now so why not tell us ? I mean, we already have the info about the Passport so why not about the classic?

As someone who never used the BB 10 I wanna ask this:
    Are the user assigned accesory keys only turned off by default and you have to turn them on OR is their basically no way - even with the former mentioned apps - to get them back to work ?

Anyway if the Classic disappoints I think I will splurge and pay up for a Blackberry 9930.

But for the sake of RIM I'm really hoping they are smart enough to know how important the Passport and Classic will be for their future. If I wanted to learn gestures and other clunky stuff on a business orientated phone I would be looking at the S5 Active.
    08-01-14 04:14 PM
237 ... 56789 ...