I cant even imagine. I give up and want to throw the phone after 1 bad attempt!!!
    08-11-14 09:26 PM
    @JF2014

Hey man, your gripe with the search results is something I completely hate about BB10. I never had this issue with my Bolds, somehow the algorithm BB10 uses is completely nonsensical. It cares more about the overall alphabetical order of the results rather than how much what you type matches the result...

For example, if I type "mom" I'll get "Andrew's Mom" and "Jennifer's Mom" before it'll show my actual mother who is saved simply as "Mom." Seriously, shouldn't the 100% match show up first? And with the old OS7, the search results would show most used results first as well. Another thing BB10 is missing. And I agree that while in the contacts the first letter you type should bring you to the contacts with that letter as the first letter. That makes the most sense. But again, it'll show you all contacts with the letter "E" in it in alphabetical order... SOOOOO stupid!!

Anyway, I brought up this issue in the "icanmakeitbetter" website so HOPEFULLY they have improved it in 10.3... *fingers crossed*

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Thanks, slagman, for your description and efforts!

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-14-14 06:20 AM
    I'm sure that those of you who are "passed" the utility belt can also get back to using just as easily. The screen is going to be bigger. You'll be fine. I guess I had blackberry for such a long time that I won't ever be used to not having a trackball, trackpad, or utility keys altogether. The buttons are just so useful. The Call and End buttons are as reliable and reliable can be. So glad to be back with the Q10 from the Note 3 you guys have no idea lol

Posted via CB10
    dollface likes this.
    08-14-14 10:08 PM
    Guys don't you feel Q10 looks better than classic?

Posted via CB10
    What a tool looks like has never even crossed my mind, I care what clothes look like, and sunglasses, and stuff like that.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 08:30 PM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Classic >>>>>>>>>>>> q10

.... not even close...

Q10 owner

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    09-17-14 10:23 PM
    The future is what we, the customer, demand of it. If enough bail on the "more convenient" strategy, why would producers build it? I remember when "flip phones" were "THE future". BB even made a fine device to satisfy that "future". Efficiency of operation eventually proved BB's "classic" form factor to be superior and the market ultimately agreed. Sooner, or later, it will eventually dawn on the iCrowd that S Jobs didn't have ALL the answers. Track navigation provides efficiency through precision, IMO. Efficiency that even iKids will eventually come to value... once they grow up and are forced into "110% mode" competitive environment, that is. SOMEone must do the work of the world...
    steve...lets not overthink this. The future has been decided and for the forseeable future, its going to be all touch screen phones. I DONT LIKE IT EITHER, but lets not pretend to be hipster elitists. I have come across many VPs and CEOs in the past few years working in corporate NYC and they seem to get along fine with their iphones and androids. Again, I dont like it either, but the trackpad isnt making an incredible comeback. I hope that BB can still find a niche enough market to keep producing these types of devices. We all would be loyal customers for sure.

I know you have a certain set of clients who need these specific devices, and thats good for us. But if what I observe in the subway everyday is not some mystical dream, then kids, fanboys, and many CEOs alike prefer the big screen all touch device. And there shouldn't be anything wrong with that.
    evodevo69 and George_B like this.
    09-17-14 10:32 PM
    I don't think the Q10 has many advantages over the Classic. The few things would be: Price, size, removable battery. The Q10 is quite cheap today, especially compared to those launch prices, I doubt the Classic will launch for under ?350 off-contract. Some people prefer small phones and the Q10 is smaller than the Classic. Last but not least the removable battery many people making a big deal of. I think it is a nice to have feature.

Yet I'd still prefer getting the Classic over the Q10 and I might even upgrade to it, I am not sure however.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 03:18 AM
    I don't think the Q10 has many advantages over the Classic. The few things would be: Price, size, removable battery. The Q10 is quite cheap today, especially compared to those launch prices, I doubt the Classic will launch for under ?350 off-contract. Some people prefer small phones and the Q10 is smaller than the Classic. Last but not least the removable battery many people making a big deal of. I think it is a nice to have feature.

Yet I'd still prefer getting the Classic over the Q10 and I might even upgrade to it, I am not sure however.

Posted via CB10
    i too don't think the classic will launch sub 350. i cant for the life of me figure out why they didn't give what most ppl were asking for, a bold 9900 with bb10 or a q10 with a toobelt. i'm gonna upgrade to the classic but geeze enough allready BlackBerry listen to what the ppl are asking for. i think the q10 is the perfect size and i may still upgrade to that while im waiting for the classic but if the classic releases with a fixed focus camera i will not upgrade. If i dont have the q10 by then i will buy that even tho i want the toolbelt. im ready for bb10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Frehley likes this.
    09-18-14 03:28 AM
    Tell you why the Classic will be my next phone:
    Storm (x3), Tour (x2), Bold 99xx, iPhone 4S, Q, iPhone 5C (current)

The tour was a phone. The Bold was the perfect phone. The iPhone 4S was great--always did what I asked, had great cam and battery, and whatever it was fine and I got used to the keyboard. Loved the iPhones ability to interact with my Mac flawlessly. I switch back to BB from the iPhone and got the Q because, not that I had been dissatisfied without a keyboard, but I just had remembered how convenient it was for writing a lot on the phone when I had my Bold. I remembered my Storm and it's size and considered the iPhone, but when I thought about the touchscreen/keyboard combo again, I knew it was the right phone. Then, I kind of got fed up with the Q. Not many cons, but I wanted Apple again for the apps, the syncing (because I always had iTunes problems with the Q), and I said "eh whatever, I don't need the keyboard."

Now that Apple has released the 6, I've realized that my iPhone 5C with iOS8 is as much/as close I care to get to the iPhone 6 because I am truly in shock of the lack of hardware upgrades and their clear business plan to sell by popularity, and not technology--when there IS SO MUCH DAMN TECH OUT THERE.

The fact that they really didn't even upgrade the camera really ticks me the wrong way.

So, again in my life, I'm at the fork in the road--but this time I know where I am going.

I will give the passport a hold, and if it's cool, I'll get it. Otherwise, I know the Classic is for me. AND, I'll have less fingerprints when I use the tool belt instead of allllllways having to touch the screen, you KNOW!?

I'm curious as to the thickness of the Classic, however.
    Frehley likes this.
    09-23-14 02:28 PM
    Does anyone here feel that Thorsten was right? That the Q10 is the perfect marriage of old and new?

Whenever I pick up my bold to play, I love the hardware, but man bb10 is so much better than bb7.

We can all agree that the classic will be an amazing device for those that love the bold. But has anyone here used a bold, then got a Q10, and has no interest whatsoever in getting a classic?

I'm on the fence. I'll have to wait to read CrackBerry.com and watch some video reviews before I decide.
    No I do not agree.

Classic is what the Q10 should have been.
    09-23-14 03:05 PM
    No I do not agree.

Classic is what the Q10 should have been.
    i agree if the classic was released instead of the q10 i wouldnt be typing on this 9900 right now. when the q10 came out i was ready for an upgrade but no physical call keys was a deal breaker for me. i remember being quite pissed off at the time and thinking bby made a mistake with the q10. i so want BB10 but not at the expense of my physical buttons

wilber1 likes this.
    09-23-14 04:38 PM
    Lets just... put it this way

The back of the Q10 is sexy Glass Weave?

Back of classic? rubber sh!te lol
    09-23-14 11:14 PM
    Lets just... put it this way

The back of the Q10 is sexy Glass Weave?

Back of classic? rubber sh!te lol
    i agree the q10 glass weave back is awesome i wish the classic would have it

09-23-14 11:45 PM
    i agree the q10 glass weave back is awesome i wish the classic would have it

And this is why people need to 'STOP CALLING' the classic a Q20 it clearly isn't... now... because if it was? it would feature a Glass/Style back... not some rubber crap.

Q20 is a totally different phone in the future (i would think)
    09-24-14 12:00 AM
    And this is why people need to 'STOP CALLING' the classic a Q20 it clearly isn't... now... because if it was? it would feature a Glass/Style back... not some rubber crap.

Q20 is a totally different phone in the future (i would think)
    i think ppl started calling it a q20 again when we found out that it wont have the removable Batt. some felt the removable Batt was a classic feature and without it the classic dosent deserve the name

09-24-14 12:11 AM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The Classic IS what the q10 should have been...coming from a bold 9900 I was just shocked!!!

And the bold 9900 keyboard was perfect!!!....

Anyway great credit goes to BlackBerry ceo Chen for setting things right on many fronts...

Classic looks amazing!! ... even bigger keyboard then the bold 9900 with a bigger screen...

I think the Classic will do very well....

... from my z10 (soon Passport)

Posted via CB10
    George_B, wilber1, Frehley and 1 others like this.
    09-24-14 12:11 AM
    Not at all.

[Trackpad + function keys] >>>>>>> no trackpad

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 12:14 AM
    Classic >>>>>>>>>>>> q10

.... not even close...

Q10 owner

Posted via CB10
    From the
    Design,
    Build quality (keyboard issues not withstanding - I honestly thing BlackBerry skipped improvements on the classic as it's slated to just appease not tantalise.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    09-24-14 12:58 AM
  19. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Its targeted to be mid price range for affordability and large volume purchases... so it will not be top end like passport.. but more than capable to do the job...

That is what is has been designed for...

Posted via CB10
    Frehley likes this.
    09-24-14 03:08 AM
    No - not at all.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 09:23 PM
    The issue is that the Classic hasn't got hardly any improvements, spec wise, compared to the Q10. Is the Classic battery even going to be any bigger? If so, do we know how much by? Surely if it is only slightly bigger, it'll be offset by the LCD screen compared to the LED on the Q10 with the Dark Theme.

I'm a Z10 owner and am now wanted a BlackBerry with a keyboard.
    My ideal situation would be Passport specs in a Classic body.

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry Z10
    Last edited by jrwagh333; 09-26-14 at 05:40 AM.
    09-26-14 05:05 AM
    The true story on their choices of handsets will be told next year at this time when they announce their quarter earnings again .
    09-26-14 07:33 AM
    The issue is that the Classic hasn't got hardly any improvements, spec wise, compared to the Q10. Is the Classic battery even going to be any bigger? If so, do we know how much by? Surely if it is only slightly bigger, it'll be offset by the LCD screen compared to the LED on the Q10 with the Dark Theme.

I'm a Z10 owner and am now wanted a BlackBerry with a keyboard.
    My ideal situation would be Passport specs in a Classic body.

Posted via CB10 on my SwagBerry Z10
    we dont really know what the specs will be but rumored specs are the same a z30 the battary 2500- 3100 mah rurmored only of course

anon(870071) likes this.
    09-26-14 12:21 PM
    I'm all in for the Classic, just wished that BB would have used the 99xx ergonomic keyboard...IMHO, the BEST keyboard ever released!
    09-30-14 07:10 PM
    Does anyone here feel that Thorsten was right? That the Q10 is the perfect marriage of old and new?
    Nope. Didn't get one, because I liked the simplicity of my 9930, which the Q-10 didn't have.

Others liked it, and more power to them.
    10-01-14 03:16 PM
237 ... 78910