Lol...... A person using a phone doesn't guarantee it's their ideal or preferred phone nor does it mean they dislike other phones. My favorite phone from my entire user experience thus far has been the Curve 9350, but it gave out on me so I was left with my iphone as a backup. I'm looking into the Q10 now. One of the best things about Blackberry is the variety they offer

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    You are right, poor assumption on my part. I've been forced to use various non-favored devices myself. Too bad about your 9350. I migrated from 9930 to Z10 for about 9 months, Q10 for a little over 3 months, and back to 9930 for the last few months again. Having mastered all three devices over that year+, I ultimately concluded the tool belt was irreplaceable for my applications. You may not. Best of luck with your Q10.

My rant about physical "end" keys stems from too many "end" swipe failures out of my office. Most merely resulted in embarrassingly humorous situations. One, however, resulted in loss of a BIG $ customer. I can see where similar scenarios in medical or legal offices could compromise client security-confidentiality. Something I don't think the industry has adequately addressed, IMO. My office hasn't experienced a single "end" failure since the 26 of us migrated back to legacy hard key 9930s.
    DeliFresser and offyoutoddle like this.
    07-11-14 08:44 PM
    To put things in the right perspective, this about the Q10 and Classic. It is about the keyboard and more importantly that missing tool belt. These 2 particular models have got nothing to do with anything that swipes. Here the keyboard is mandatory, it is not even an option.

For the swipingly happy, they have plenty of choices to swipe about, iphone, androids,, bb etc, so long as it swipes and the mobile world is littered with it. I got myself a Z10 to swipe along too, because it was cheap.

But the Classic with its tool belt and keyboard, there's something about it that no swipe phone can give me. Oh yes you can swipe with this too, how's that for a little bonus.
    07-11-14 09:39 PM
    You are right, poor assumption on my part. I've been forced to use various non-favored devices myself. Too bad about your 9350. I migrated from 9930 to Z10 for about 9 months, Q10 for a little over 3 months, and back to 9930 for the last few months again. Having mastered all three devices over that year+, I ultimately concluded the tool belt was irreplaceable for my applications. You may not. Best of luck with your Q10.

My rant about physical "end" keys stems from too many "end" swipe failures out of my office. Most merely resulted in embarrassingly humorous situations. One, however, resulted in loss of a BIG $ customer. I can see where similar scenarios in medical or legal offices could compromise client security-confidentiality. Something I don't think the industry has adequately addressed, IMO. My office hasn't experienced a single "end" failure since the 26 of us migrated back to legacy hard key 9930s.
    I've never had a bold but I've always been tempted. I can say that if the Q10 fails to deliver and satisfy I will be going back to legacy devices. They just offer a reliability that's hard to replace. As cool as BB10 is, and as "archaic" as BBOS7 is, legacy devices just work. And I never felt like the lack of apps was reason enough to start writing them off. I wonder how the Classic and trackpad will handle BB10. I hope they'll optimize it more for its form factor but I get the feeling that they won't. If I had the Bold I doubt I'd ever use the touchscreen. Like you, I prefer physical buttons as well

JGoodard likes this.
    07-11-14 10:33 PM
    ..... One of the best things about Blackberry is the variety they offer
    Boom! A lot of people fail to grasp this.
    bigjman, Evilguppy and riss89 like this.
    07-11-14 11:02 PM
    I've never had a bold but I've always been tempted. I can say that if the Q10 fails to deliver and satisfy I will be going back to legacy devices. They just offer a reliability that's hard to replace. As cool as BB10 is, and as "archaic" as BBOS7 is, legacy devices just work. And I never felt like the lack of apps was reason enough to start writing them off. I wonder how the Classic and trackpad will handle BB10. I hope they'll optimize it more for its form factor but I get the feeling that they won't. If I had the Bold I doubt I'd ever use the touchscreen. Like you, I prefer physical buttons as well

Yeah, I worry about how complete the track implementation will be on the 20. I know the Bold trackpad had full access to everything except home screen row position. Once that was set, the touch has been unused. The trackpad is just too easy.

I was the last hold out in my office to abandon my Q and return to the Bold. Like many here, I stubbornly resisted giving up BB10. The three "smart guys" in the office, who'd led the charge into adopting the Z the previous year, finally handed me an old Bold and challenged me to demonstrate just exactly what my beloved Q's touch interface could do easier or better than the Bold's trackpad. I struck out. Focusing only on navigation, OS and specs aside, I was hard pressed to demonstrate ANYthing the Q's touchscreen could do as well as the Bold's track. Let alone better. Despite that it'd been over a year snce previously handling a Bold. Even racing myself with excel data entry. No contest. As a group, my crew's data entry productivity is back to pre Z levels. Our real time project coordination efficiency is back also. Texting is invaluable when coordinating noisy plant start ups. Something the 9930 is second to NONE. AND, we haven't failed to "absolutely positively" END a call since getting back to the belt. .
    riss89 and DeliFresser like this.
    07-11-14 11:31 PM
    I'd wait for 10.3.1 before buying a Classic... My next upgrade would be a Passport, though!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-12-14 01:54 AM
    tried Q10 for few days to replace my Bold 9900 not for me,
    missed track pad and buttons, now Classic has been announced
    waiting to see if it can replace 9900? if not will buy a new Bold 9900,
    so will Q10 be better than new Classic it's down to personal preference.
    07-12-14 02:06 AM
    i personally cannot upgrade to OS10.....i love blackberry 9900 can't miss out the trackpad and BIS

Sent from my Hybrid BryceBerry 9900
    07-12-14 02:25 AM
    They classic is the same as Q10, just with extra keys and touch pad (the belt). And bigger screen.

So yes, the Classic is little better. It's the upgraded Q10. It's the next phone Q10 owners probably will buy, when they have to buy a new phone again.

But it's not a phone, that I will buy immediately, when I have my Q10. I'll wait until my Q10 is old enough and the Classic is getting price-cuts.

Posted via CB10
    Evilguppy likes this.
    07-12-14 04:34 AM
    What I am saying also Chum.
    tried Q10 for few days to replace my Bold 9900 not for me,
    missed track pad and buttons, now Classic has been announced
    waiting to see if it can replace 9900? if not will buy a new Bold 9900,
    so will Q10 be better than new Classic it's down to personal preference.
    07-12-14 06:21 AM
    I have difficulties selecting/copying/pasting using the Q10, I was much faster on the 9900, I copy/paste frequently so I'm hoping the classic will increase my productivity.

Moving the cursor around on the Q10 is a joke. They need a function button that allows you to program custom functionality into all keys, ie; fnc+u = move cursor up, fnc+k = move cursor right, etc.

Posted via CB10
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    07-12-14 03:27 PM
    I have difficulties selecting/copying/pasting using the Q10, I was much faster on the 9900, I copy/paste frequently so I'm hoping the classic will increase my productivity.

Moving the cursor around on the Q10 is a joke. They need a function button that allows you to program custom functionality into all keys, ie; fnc+u = move cursor up, fnc+k = move cursor right, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Have you seen the post and YouTube video done by a crackberry user that shows a number of different ways to move the cursor, select text, then copy and paste? There's one option that even uses the shift key (or may be the alt key, I can't quite remember) and it reminds me a lot about selecting text on a legacy device.

07-12-14 05:29 PM
    Have you seen the post and YouTube video done by a crackberry user that shows a number of different ways to move the cursor, select text, then copy and paste? There's one option that even uses the shift key (or may be the alt key, I can't quite remember) and it reminds me a lot about selecting text on a legacy device.

I know all of those ways, none of them works perfectly if where you need to start a selection is close to any of the edges, especially if it's close to where there's a button to do something, so many times I end up pressing that while trying to place my cursor...
    07-12-14 05:49 PM
    The classic will not be about going backwards, it will be about putting right the mistakes that were made in the Q10. I would hope it would be a slight upgrade in hardware on the q10, but below the level of the Passport. Which is a shame. Because for a long while I have wanted the passport to replace this unspeakable affront the q10 has become with its double type, imprecise screen editing and hobbled interface i.e. no trackpad or call end buttons. I love the idea of the passport but if the classic is powerful enough it may well still be the phone i get as it stands a chance of fulfilling the promise the q10 failed utterley to deliver on
    07-15-14 06:43 PM
    Does anyone here feel that Thorsten was right? That the Q10 is the perfect marriage of old and new?

Whenever I pick up my bold to play, I love the hardware, but man bb10 is so much better than bb7.

We can all agree that the classic will be an amazing device for those that love the bold. But has anyone here used a bold, then got a Q10, and has no interest whatsoever in getting a classic?

I'm on the fence. I'll have to wait to read CrackBerry.com and watch some video reviews before I decide.
    I owned the bold 9930 and it is the best bb overall in my opinion because of the toolbelt and functiknal bb protect. Thorsten tried to sell this device as a marriage between the old and new but it wasnt. The only thing q10 has from previous models is the keyboard. Everything else is blah compared to the bb 9930. Again this my opinion cause I use the q10 daily
    DeliFresser likes this.
    07-15-14 07:10 PM
    I owned the bold 9930 and it is the best bb overall in my opinion because of the toolbelt and functiknal bb protect. Thorsten tried to sell this device as a marriage between the old and new but it wasnt. The only thing q10 has from previous models is the keyboard. Everything else is blah compared to the bb 9930. Again this my opinion cause I use the q10 daily
    Speed and power of the browser, overall snappyness of the phone too.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    07-15-14 08:20 PM
    BlackBerry still sell qwerty devices perhaps they sold more q10 than z10 or z30. I don't think they will build 2 qwerty devices if nobody wants it. They have 2 qwerty and one full touch this year. There are many who still likes qwerty but also are forced into touch screen because that's the trend. I have to say that the world doesn't care if blackberry release full touch screen z10 and z30 didn't make quite an impact although I'm hoping the z3 will because of its quality and price point. The market is full of it touch screen. In business, first you need to retain your market( these are all the qwerty people) as you spend less on it than spending trying to make people outside your market convert to use your products. BlackBerry was left dying so they cannot afford to lose more customers so thus making customer happy means they retain those and will build new more customers.

And I've read that the stock is going up. So it's a good indication.

To answer the thread, I don't think so as i'm getting used to copy and paste in my q10 but I do think that will make up for a less smudgy phone with the trackpad. But if I do upgrade next year i'll be deciding between classic and passport. Will have to see if I can find in shops here tho.

via Q10
    bigjman and CpE CKS like this.
    07-15-14 09:16 PM
    Speed and power of the browser, overall snappyness of the phone too.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    True that
    07-22-14 08:00 PM
    Totally agree. The OS/reboots killed it. Hope the Classic is similar to the Bold but faster/cleaner OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 11:01 PM
    They classic is the same as Q10, just with extra keys and touch pad (the belt). And bigger screen.

So yes, the Classic is little better. It's the upgraded Q10. It's the next phone Q10 owners probably will buy, when they have to buy a new phone again.

But it's not a phone, that I will buy immediately, when I have my Q10. I'll wait until my Q10 is old enough and the Classic is getting price-cuts.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, that's exactly what I'm going to do, and for the same reasons.
    Truthfully I do not "miss" the trackpad, because my last Blackberry phone was in 2008 (old 2G Curve with a trackball) and then I spent years waffling between IOS and Android, so for me, the Q10 is pretty much a brand new experience.
    I got it about 6 weeks or so ago, and I still watch videos to teach me cool tips & tricks, but I learned the gestures and the OS surprisingly fast. (for an old broad with the tech IQ of a brick, lol)
    So right now, I'm super happy with my Q10.
    Would I like a slightly bigger screen? (though nothing as big as the Passport) YES.
    Would I prefer a tool belt + track pad? I have no idea.
    I suppose I will go play with one when it is released, but I won't upgrade immediately: I'm still on my Q10 honeymoon and I can't imagine wanting anything different just yet.
    07-27-14 01:00 PM
    The Classic may be and MUST be better than the Q10. If it's not, I don't think it's worth creating the Classic to kill the Q10. And if legacy device users weren't pleased with the Q10, that should also be a reason for them to make the Classic better than the Q10.

PH - BlackBerry 10 - Z10 - deal with it
    07-27-14 05:36 PM
    The Classic may be and MUST be better than the Q10. If it's not, I don't think it's worth creating the Classic to kill the Q10. And if legacy device users weren't pleased with the Q10, that should also be a reason for them to make the Classic better than the Q10.

PH - BlackBerry 10 - Z10 - deal with it
    Why does the creation of the Classic have to be to "kill" the Q10 ??? Why do so many people take this stance on it? I don't think that's Blackberry's motive or intention. It's just a different phone to satisfy users. That's all. If it were made for the purpose of killing the Q10 they'd have said so and would announce the phasing out and EOL date for the Q10 that would be concurrent with the Classic's introduction to the market. If anything the purpose of the Classic is to kill the Bold and the rest of the legacy devices that the Q10 hasn't already adopted into the BB10 ecosystem

bigjman and BBRYQ10 like this.
    07-27-14 05:55 PM
    I didn't know that a lot of people did.

I agree with you though, the Q10 should compliment the Classic.

Posted with no typos using the Q10
    07-27-14 07:23 PM
    I didn't know that a lot of people did.

I agree with you though, the Q10 should compliment the Classic.

Posted with no typos using the Q10
    Not a year and a half later though... I have a Q10, because I frankly couldn't keep using the 9900. As fast as it was to send and receive messages, any time I saved doing those things I lost trying to do anything else with that phone... But I definitely look forward to getting a combination of a fast phone and a toolbelt. So I'll be upgrading from a Q10 to a Classic... But by "Upgrade" it needs to be an "upgrade." I don't want to pay a few hundred dollars just for a toolbelt. Sorry if some of you think that's a good way to spend your money, it isn't for me...
    idssteve likes this.
    07-28-14 01:04 AM
    I personally love my Q10 and I don't think the Classic can be any better than the Q10. The gestures really stuck with me now. Best purchase/ consumer decision made in my life.

But I do think the classic will do much better than the Classic in terms of devices sold and revenue for BBRY than the Q10 ever did. Haha

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-28-14 01:41 AM
237 ... 45678 ...