Ditto Mister !!
    thousands of ppl that refused to upgrade to the q10 due to the lack of physical buttons. for me tools belt phones are far superior to touch devices.just my opinion, but there are others that feel the same. the good thing is that bbry gives us choices touch,qwerty touch, and full qwerty.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    tmos#CB likes this.
    07-10-14 07:02 AM
    No, I think Classic will be miles ahead of Q10 in features.
    07-10-14 07:11 AM
    Atleast they opt to put a trackpad and not a ball scroll.. smh.

Currently wielding: BlackBerry Q10 - Nexus 5 - iP5. Connect with me at: Partner With Mateo
    Yeah, RIM's track BALL reliability was abysmal. Easily swapped, tho. I kept several spares on hand, in those days. Optical TrackPAD was a quantum leap, reliability wise. I had an early pad that had troubles in sunlight. $10 & 10 minutes fixed it. Always thought capacitive track would be best yet, reliability wise, IMO.

Part of track's advantage, whether ball or optical, is in SEPARATING the pointing function from the selection function. The pad itself is also a "hard key" that must be "click-pressed" to select the target. That press provides immediate tactile feedback to the thumb. Unlike capacitive touch, the hard key requires some non-zero physical force and about 0.015" of physical displacement to initiate a select command. That operational assurance combined with the pixel sized precision of the pointer cursor provides operational precision that capacitive touch hmi hasn't yet matched, IMO.
    07-10-14 08:54 AM
    I could be wrong, but isn't the Classic having a screen size of 3.5"?

That's the size of an iPhone 4/4S screen. With that screen size and a keyboard+trackpad, how could Blackberry go wrong?
    Last edited by Evan_Cooper; 07-10-14 at 12:17 PM.
    idssteve likes this.
    07-10-14 11:45 AM
    Oh, even though I like my q10 ----No. Not unless its a 1/4 the price!
    New must equal better. Phones are improving all the time, if a new BlackBerry were inferior too an unpopular device launched 18 months ago....!:/?*!??�?�?����?�
    Jake Storm likes this.
    07-10-14 01:22 PM
    I could be wrong, but isn't the Classic having a screen size of 3.5"?

That's the size of an iPhone 4/4S screen. With that screen size and a keyboard+trackpad, how could Blackberry go wrong?
    The screen's dimensions must be wider and shorter than the iphone 4/4s screen.. It's on the skinny side, I can't picture a keyboard fitting under it and being comfortable to use
    07-10-14 03:41 PM
    If the classic doesnt have a removable battery- then yes! The Q10 is the better device.

Posted via Q10Bold
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 07-11-14 at 12:26 AM.
    07-10-14 03:45 PM
    I think I read somewhere that it'll be 3.5", which is only .4" taller/wider than the Q10. I don't think it's that unrealistic.

I know that could be easily false, but I watched the video with the new CEO holding the Passport and the Classic. When he was holding the Classic, it looked a lot wider and longer. I can put the link up here if I can find it again, (then again, he could have small hands.)
    riss89 likes this.
    07-10-14 04:19 PM
    The 3.5" screen vs the Q10 3.1" is already enough to make the classic way better
    07-10-14 06:05 PM
    I think I read somewhere that it'll be 3.5", which is only .4" taller/wider than the Q10. I don't think it's that unrealistic.

I know that could be easily false, but I watched the video with the new CEO holding the Passport and the Classic. When he was holding the Classic, it looked a lot wider and longer. I can put the link up here if I can find it again, (then again, he could have small hands.)
    Front on, the Classic's 3.5 inch screen is the width of a Z30 screen square. So if you can picture Z30 dimensions with a square screen and physical kb then you're half way there. The Classic does look thicker than the Z30 though.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 06:39 PM
    The 3.5" screen vs the Q10 3.1" is already enough to make the classic way better
    +1
    It's more than 10% bigger. That will be a noticeable increase.
    Much like the difference between the 9900 and Q10.
    07-10-14 08:44 PM
    I still think that bringing the toolbelt is a step backwards, but it's ok if there's still demand for that.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 09:32 PM
    Without the belt, the Q10 is not even half baked.
    07-11-14 10:26 AM
    Without the belt, the Q10 is not even half baked.
    The tool belt, just like the entire keyboard itself, is not a must have feature (hints all-touch devices) in order for a phone to function, it's just an option for different consumers who prefer different things. Simple as that.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-11-14 11:56 AM
    The tool belt, just like the entire keyboard itself, is not a must have feature (hints all-touch devices) in order for a phone to function, it's just an option for different consumers who prefer different things. Simple as that.
    Hence the Classic, with the belt and keyboard for corporate.
    07-11-14 02:09 PM
    Hence the Classic, with the belt and keyboard for corporate.
    Exactly. And the Z line more appropriate for media consumption, and the Porche designs for "luxury and exclusivity", etc

07-11-14 04:37 PM

IMO, the touchscreen is NOT a must have feature (hints all touch devices BBRY is NOT selling) in order for a phone to function. Touch is uselessly redundant on my 9900. Haven't intentionally touched the screen for MONTHs. Glad you like your iPhone. A device without a physical "end" key is NOT a phone, IMO.
    07-11-14 05:19 PM
    I think I might like the trackpad. Bought a Torch recently to play with a slider. I wish they would of made another one of those.

I think I'll end up with the Classic as the Passport seems like it might be too awkward for me to use..

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.
    idssteve likes this.
    07-11-14 05:25 PM
    IMO, the touchscreen is NOT a must have feature (hints all touch devices BBRY is NOT selling) in order for a phone to function. Touch is uselessly redundant on my 9900. Haven't intentionally touched the screen for MONTHs. Gald you like your iPhone. A device without a physical "end" key is NOT a phone, IMO.
    This type of reasoning is what killed BlackBerry as the smartphone leader. The reason your 9900's touch screen is completely redundant and not a must have feature is because it's implementation on OS7 was **** poor to put it mildly. And this is the reason that BB10 was built from the ground up.

You might not think or even like touch based smartphones that don't have a physical end button, but the fact is that the market has moved in that direction because that's what the majority of users wanted.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-14 05:26 PM
    This type of reasoning is what killed BlackBerry as the smartphone leader. The reason your 9900's touch screen is completely redundant and not a must have feature is because it's implementation on OS7 was **** poor to put it mildly. And this is the reason that BB10 was built from the ground up.

You might not think or even like touch based smartphones that don't have a physical end button, but the fact is that the market has moved in that direction because that's what the majority of users wanted.

Posted via CB10
    Check numbers and dates. The 9900 is NOT what "killed" BlackBerry. Market share was slipping before the Z but has utterly TANKED since the Z. BB10 took a year too long to develop and the Z just didn't appeal to the consumer market. Don't blame the Z's failure on the 9900! The consumer market just isn't interested in touch BlackBerry by any numbers I'm aware of. BB10 is finally maturing to the point it NEEDed to be two yrs ago so hopefully that can change. ??
    07-11-14 05:53 PM
    IMO, the touchscreen is NOT a must have feature (hints all touch devices BBRY is NOT selling) in order for a phone to function. Touch is uselessly redundant on my 9900. Haven't intentionally touched the screen for MONTHs. Glad you like your iPhone. A device without a physical "end" key is NOT a phone, IMO.
    The fact that a touchscreen isn't a must have feature is not an opinion, it's a fact of life. Neither a physical keyboard nor a touchscreen are must have in order for a phone to be a phone - that was my point. It's about offering variety which is what Blackberry is doing. I didn't say I like my iPhone so putting words in my mouth to try and slyly point out the fact that I'm using an all-touch non-Blackberry device is futile in this discussion. And you can uphold the "opinion" that a phone without a physical end key isn't a phone, if you so choose to live in that narrow-minded point of view, but that doesn't keep someone from making phone calls on their all-touch iPhones, Z10s, Galaxy phones, etc.

07-11-14 06:18 PM
    The fact that a touchscreen isn't a must have feature is not an opinion, it's a fact of life. Neither a physical keyboard nor a touchscreen are must have in order for a phone to be a phone - that was my point. It's about offering variety which is what Blackberry is doing. I didn't say I like my iPhone so putting words in my mouth to try and slyly point out the fact that I'm using an all-touch non-Blackberry device is futile in this discussion. And you can uphold the "opinion" that a phone without a physical end key isn't a phone, if you so choose to live in that narrow-minded point of view, but that doesn't keep someone from making phone calls on their all-touch iPhones, Z10s, Galaxy phones, etc.

You stated your opinion, I stated mine. If your point was truly that "Neither a physical keyboard nor a touchscreen are must have in order for a phone to be a phone" then we certainly agree. Diversity is a wondrous thing!

My reference to your iPhone was an assumption on my part. Right, or wrong, I assumed you'd be using the device you like. Its a pretty safe assumption that users on a forum dedicated to a "tool belt" device probably like their device. IMO.
    07-11-14 06:39 PM
    I think I might like the trackpad. Bought a Torch recently to play with a slider. I wish they would of made another one of those.

I think I'll end up with the Classic as the Passport seems like it might be too awkward for me to use..

Agree. Classic over Passport.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    07-11-14 06:55 PM

Agree. Torch is an excellent concept that we can hope bbry revisits, BB10 flavor, at some future. Trackpad offers so many advantages, the Q20 is certainly in my future. Convincing my employer to do likewise is a challenge but.. .

I also plan to get a PassPort for mostly desktop service but anticipate it will prove too large for single handed use. If I'm going to dedicate both hands to operating a device, I'll need a desk to set the coffee cup on.
    Septembersrain likes this.
    07-11-14 07:14 PM
    You stated your opinion, I stated mine. If your point was truly that "Neither a physical keyboard nor a touchscreen are must have in order for a phone to be a phone" then we certainly agree. Diversity is a wondrous thing!

My reference to your iPhone was an assumption on my part. Right, or wrong, I assumed you'd be using the device you like. Its a pretty safe assumption that users on a forum dedicated to a "tool belt" device probably like their device. IMO.
    Lol...... A person using a phone doesn't guarantee it's their ideal or preferred phone nor does it mean they dislike other phones. My favorite phone from my entire user experience thus far has been the Curve 9350, but it gave out on me so I was left with my iphone as a backup. I'm looking into the Q10 now. One of the best things about Blackberry is the variety they offer

07-11-14 08:11 PM
237 ... 34567 ...