I agree with you. Heins was right. The toolbelt is redundant on blackberry 10. I'll stick with my Q10.
    "I agree with you. Heins had the same opinion as me. The toolbelt is redundant for me on blackberry 10. I'll stick with my Q10."

There dude, fixed it for you. :-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    Wayne_Enterprises likes this.
    06-16-14 10:05 PM
    Personally, I would consider the Classic to be the better phone because it combines both the Bold 9900 and the Q10 -- the efficiency and precision of the trackpad & toolbelt plus the speed and modernity of BB10 software.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    06-17-14 12:06 AM
    Well it's not 16:9.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    Lol nice dodge. Imo 4:3 would be perfect or basically anything other than a square

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 04:57 PM
    I love the square display of my Q10. Again, Heins ftw; cb crybabies: 0.
    06-17-14 05:46 PM
    I love the square display of my Q10. Again, Heins ftw; cb crybabies: 0.
    Um... Yah...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-17-14 06:19 PM
    Totally comfortable with the Q10. Do not miss the trackpad at all. I've learnt to zoom small text before selecting...

Won't be buying the Q20 but then each to their own.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 10:13 AM
    This may be one of the more uninformed posts I've read here in a while. More than 75% of BB's market share is from QWERTY devices with most still being BBOS devices.

And you're suggesting BlackBerry stop catering to those millions of people and create a device that the 75%+ of their customers don't want, in hopes of people who have never used BlackBerry or have left the platform to come back?

You might just be out of your mind. The Z3, Z10 and Z30 have shown you thrice over that the world doesn't care about an all touch BlackBerry enough to switch to or back to the platform.

Is your last name Heins by chance?

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    More than 75% of BlackBerry's abysmal 1% global market share is from physical QWERTY devices, a form factor that 99% of the global smartphone market has simply consigned to the trash can.

Turning your back on the potential growth market to focus on the 0.75% of smartphone users still clinging on to a physical Qwerty phone in a mistaken belief that they all own or use one because they wanted a phone with a physical keyboard is a strategy I question the sanity of. Most, but not all, Enterprise smartphone models are forced upon their users. Most physical Qwerty BlackBerrys outside of the Enterprise are cheap Curves, the majority not sold because they have a physical Qwerty keyboard but simply because they are cheap.

As a BES Admin for 12 years I've seen the smartphone revolution happen first hand from the point of view of these so called "Prosumer" Enterprise users. What I can tell you is that my experience of smartphones in my Enterprise environment today is that 96% of people want full touch wide screen devices, be they BlackBerry or otherwise. How else am I to interpret BlackBerry's current fixation with physical Qwerty square screen phones as anything other than being the wrong plan when I know that's not what my Enterprise users want from a Smartphone?

If you hypothesised that only 4% of people in Enterprise actually want a physical Qwerty smartphone and take on board the fact that less than 1% of consumers want a physical Qwerty smartphone then it's hardly surprising that more and more carriers are dropping BlackBerry phones from their lineups, for both consumers and business, when so few of their customers demand physical Qwerty.

Even the number of Enterprise smartphone users who are forced to use a physical Qwerty BlackBerry is dwindling at an eye opening rate due to wholesale abandonment of BlackBerry phones and BES in favour of all touch iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and a plethora of MDM solutions. The time and money spent developing this year's "leap of faith" physical Qwerty BlackBerry phones would have been better spent getting BES12 out sooner and developing more truly innovative Enterprise apps and functionality for BB10. That would actually sell more BlackBerrys to Enterprise, and full touch ones at that.

I'm having a hard time reconciling BlackBerry's handset business direction as being anything approaching sanity. I say that as a BlackBerry user and fan from the very beginning but also as someone who doesn't live in a BlackBerry bubble of make believe.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3175 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    06-19-14 09:36 PM
    More than 75% of BlackBerry's abysmal 1% global market share is from physical QWERTY devices, a form factor that 99% of the global smartphone market has simply consigned to the trash can.

Turning your back on the potential growth market to focus on the 0.75% of smartphone users still clinging on to a physical Qwerty phone in a mistaken belief that they all own or use one because they wanted a phone with a physical keyboard is a strategy I question the sanity of. Most, but not all, Enterprise smartphone models are forced upon their users. Most physical Qwerty BlackBerrys outside of the Enterprise are cheap Curves, the majority not sold because they have a physical Qwerty keyboard but simply because they are cheap.

As a BES Admin for 12 years I've seen the smartphone revolution happen first hand from the point of view of these so called "Prosumer" Enterprise users. What I can tell you is that my experience of smartphones in my Enterprise environment today is that 96% of people want full touch wide screen devices, be they BlackBerry or otherwise. How else am I to interpret BlackBerry's current fixation with physical Qwerty square screen phones as anything other than being the wrong plan when I know that's not what my Enterprise users want from a Smartphone?

If you hypothesised that only 4% of people in Enterprise actually want a physical Qwerty smartphone and take on board the fact that less than 1% of consumers want a physical Qwerty smartphone then it's hardly surprising that more and more carriers are dropping BlackBerry phones from their lineups, for both consumers and business, when so few of their customers demand physical Qwerty.

Even the number of Enterprise smartphone users who are forced to use a physical Qwerty BlackBerry is dwindling at an eye opening rate due to wholesale abandonment of BlackBerry phones and BES in favour of all touch iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and a plethora of MDM solutions. The time and money spent developing this year's "leap of faith" physical Qwerty BlackBerry phones would have been better spent getting BES12 out sooner and developing more truly innovative Enterprise apps and functionality for BB10. That would actually sell more BlackBerrys to Enterprise, and full touch ones at that.

I'm having a hard time reconciling BlackBerry's handset business direction as being anything approaching sanity. I say that as a BlackBerry user and fan from the very beginning but also as someone who doesn't live in a BlackBerry bubble of make believe.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3175 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    how is creating a "classic " phone turning its back on the industry? dont they still offer 3 all touch devices and 2 querty touch device?all brought to market within the last year? do u think that turning ur back on 75% or their current (abysmal as u put it) customer base a good idea? blackberry as i see it is simply adding a device where its needed their not turning its back on anyone. they made the classic because customers asked for it, loyal customers, customers that would rather buy an out of date os7 device instead of going somewhere else ( and they did 3 to 1 if i remember correctly). i just cant wrap my head around how ppl have the opinion that making a physical button phone is some kind of slam to the touch users or that blackberry is now going to abandon touch devices now.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    06-20-14 12:23 AM
    The shift key function on the Q10 while useful, only allows you to select text, not move the cursor around to a desired spot - which I think is what really makes a trackpad useful.
    This.

Selecting the right text with the touch sceen is a pain in the neck! I'll be getting a Classic for sure.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    06-20-14 02:20 AM
    I'll be getting a passport, and skipping the Q20. If I had to choose between Q20 and Q10, I'd go Q10 for sure. The tool belt it a crutch. It is specifically being marketed towards those who need a crutch.

And I'm not in need of that. BB10 doesn't need that.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    06-20-14 02:45 AM
    What's the size of the Classic screen vs Q10? If it's smaller because of the belt - what a waste...if this is the main difference I don't see how a Q10 with 10.3 will be inferior to the Classic? (given that I don't have any problem with the Q10 hardware specs)

Q10
    06-20-14 03:03 AM
    I'll be getting a passport, and skipping the Q20. If I had to choose between Q20 and Q10, I'd go Q10 for sure. The tool belt it a crutch. It is specifically being marketed towards those who need a crutch.

And I'm not in need of that. BB10 doesn't need that.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    Um... Yah... alright... sir...

I guess someone needed to pat himself in the back a bit... No worries man, we all have those days...
    06-20-14 03:16 AM
    What's the size of the Classic screen vs Q10? If it's smaller because of the belt - what a waste...if this is the main difference I don't see how a Q10 with 10.3 will be inferior to the Classic? (given that I don't have any problem with the Q10 hardware specs)

Q10
    The q10 screen is 3.1" the classic screen is 3.5 inches. If u don't need/want the toolbelt it doesn't make much sense to make the upgrade.
    06-20-14 03:39 AM
    Copy and paste just isn't as fast without the trackpad no matter how good the software is.

Posted via CB10
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    06-20-14 04:36 AM
    Can all of the Q20-disparaging/Chen-hating please leave the Q20 forum? There is no need for uninformed arguments as to why the new Classic is a step backwards. The market wants it, I want it, your mothers want it. And for some reason you mindless, oversized toddlers just want to instagram on your Samsung Phablets to pretend you know what 'cool' is in your skinny jeans and misplaced self-hatred.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:08 AM
    Yes, a lot better

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:08 AM
    Can all of the Q20-disparaging/Chen-hating please leave the Q20 forum? There is no need for uninformed arguments as to why the new Classic is a step backwards. The market wants it, I want it, your mothers want it. And for some reason you mindless, oversized toddlers just want to instagram on your Samsung Phablets to pretend you know what 'cool' is in your skinny jeans and misplaced self-hatred.

Posted via CB10
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 08:44 AM
    ...This is the first that I've heard of the Classic not having a HDMI output in it and to be honest, I find it shocking that they decided to take this feature out!!...
    I wouldn't hold much stock in that rumour. The left side of the Classic looks like it has a cover over the HDMI and micro SD slots.
    06-20-14 11:56 AM
    Sheesh! Some of you people act like it's the end of the world to have an opinion. The belt lovers cried foul when the Q10 didn't have one, so let the non belt lovers cry foul, too. I personally don't see the need for a belt, but who knows if/when BB will release another QWERTY without one.

But REALLY, people. It's a forum for a reason, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Stop acting like a 12 year old when someone doesn't agree with you. SMH

Posted via CB10
    anon(8263181) likes this.
    07-09-14 06:51 PM
    Maybe my lack of literal experience with handling the q10 is to blame, but I just don't understand all the continual complaining and griping about text selection. There's a thread and video by a crackberry user demonstrating how to select text and precisely move between letters with a cursor and it seems simple enough. The Q10 is a touchscreen phone with a kb. If someone can manage utilizing a full-touch device, then why does the addition of a physical qwerty keyboard to it seem to make life so terrible ????

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Evilguppy likes this.
    07-09-14 08:00 PM
    Sheesh! Some of you people act like it's the end of the world to have an opinion. The belt lovers cried foul when the Q10 didn't have one, so let the non belt lovers cry foul, too. I personally don't see the need for a belt, but who knows if/when BB will release another QWERTY without one.

But REALLY, people. It's a forum for a reason, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Stop acting like a 12 year old when someone doesn't agree with you. SMH

Posted via CB10
    How about I go to the Q10 forum and start threads like: "Do you feel the 9900 will still be better than the Q10?"... ?? Or how about: "why I find the Q10 so unbelievably annoying...". Or any number of countless threads deriding the device the forum is dedicated to? Its a forum. You have every right to express your opinion. So does everyone else. Some have admittedly been less than cordial, myself included, but don't be surprised if Q20 supporters support the Q20 in a Q20 forum.
    Last edited by idssteve; 07-09-14 at 09:03 PM.
    07-09-14 08:45 PM
    How about I go to the Q10 forum and start threads like: "Do you feel the 9900 will still be better than the Q10?"... ?? Or how about: "why I find the Q10 so unbelievably annoying...". Or any number of countless threads deriding the device the forum is dedicated to? Its a forum. You have every right to express your opinion. So does everyone else. Some have admittedly been less than cordial, myself included, but don't be surprised if Q20 supporters support the Q20 in a Q20 forum.
    But there ARE forums like that. So.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 09:19 PM
    Certainly! Who needs trackpad anymore?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 10:15 PM
    Certainly! Who needs trackpad anymore?

Posted via CB10
    thousands of ppl that refused to upgrade to the q10 due to the lack of physical buttons. for me tools belt phones are far superior to touch devices.just my opinion, but there are others that feel the same. the good thing is that bbry gives us choices touch,qwerty touch, and full qwerty.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    idssteve likes this.
    07-09-14 11:00 PM
    Atleast they opt to put a trackpad and not a ball scroll.. smh.

Currently wielding: BlackBerry Q10 - Nexus 5 - iP5. Connect with me at: www.profitwithmateo.com
    07-10-14 04:02 AM
237 ... 23456 ...