Definitely not, I'm very current on everything. Don't assume.
    Well, then my previous comment stands. It'll have the hardware features of the bold and the OS of the Q10. Best of both worlds right?

Edit: And no need to get all defensive about it. It's a common mistake and I never implied any kind of ignorance or lack of intelligence attached to it. Have some thicker skin for crying out loud. ;-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-02-14 02:35 PM
    I miss some of the " Control " I felt with my Bold! I could run diagnostics, Ping tests & check all apps that were running ; on my Z30 I don't have that option?! I think a bit of old with some new software might be good
    06-03-14 07:14 AM
    surely if there is no HDMI out for a few displays in the office miracast dongles wont cost that much? i use the HDMI out function a lot too, i travel a lot so its nice to be able to just plug my phone into the hotel room TV and watch stuff off youtube or whatever movies i downloaded in advance.
    06-03-14 01:56 PM
    I just can't imagine a phone that has BB10 and brings back the trackpad and the rest of the toolbelt can be better than the Q10. Not that the Q10 isn't a fantastic device though.

All in all, count me in for buying the Classic

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 02:19 PM
    I'm glad there will be a Q20 with the toolbelt for those who want it, but let's just wait and see what they complain about next. I myself never thought I could live without the toolbelt I had on my Bold, but now I don't ever want it back. My Q10 with BlackBerry 10 is where it's at. No need for the belt.
    yas61 and riss89 like this.
    06-03-14 02:24 PM
    I just can't imagine a phone that has BB10 and brings back the trackpad and the rest of the toolbelt can be better than the Q10. Not that the Q10 isn't a fantastic device though.

All in all, count me in for buying the Classic

Posted via CB10
    the screen space is so limited i wish i had a trackpad. as it is you can only see one darn fb post at a time. and the moment you put your finger to scroll it covers quarter of ths screen.
    06-03-14 03:04 PM
    Not really because his questions were "Does anyone here feel that Thorsten was right? That the Q10 is the perfect marriage of old and new?"

and "But has anyone here used a bold, then got a Q10, and has no interest whatsoever in getting a classic?"

It's not the perfect marriage to him if he misses the hardware buttons? Right?

Posted with my ? Q10.
    06-03-14 06:36 PM
    At first I thought the Q10 was the perfect phone for me, but after a year, I think the q20 will the the best phone ever, and will be the phone I want that isnt even built yet.
    Im starting to side with the folks that think a key board phone belongs with a tool belt, and touch should be all touch. My q10 is starting to feel "wrong" like I shouldn't be reaching for the screen, so I am now thinking track pad and the so nice call end button!!!!

If the q20 is what I hope it will be, I will buy 5 of them and that will be my last phone ever!
    06-07-14 05:59 PM
    Q10 is fine the way it is. Thor was right about peek and flow. It's great that BlackBerry will provide the belt for those who prefer it on the Classic, but it's completely unnecessary in BB10 even on the Q10. Good option, but it's redundant. I wouldn't want it. I'm staying with my Q10.
    riss89 likes this.
    06-08-14 10:34 AM
    I just miss the trackpad. I don't care about the end button, I just want a trackpad. I don't see the difference about end a call with a physical button or a tap on the screen. Really, for me it's the same, nothing change.
    If only my Q10 had a trackpad... it would be the perfect phone ever.

Now, I don't know if I will buy the Windermere or the Q20.. I love the specs of the Windermere, but the device seems so large.. The keyboard so tiny.. Q10 form + trackpad + windermere specs would be the perfection..

Posted via my french Q10
    06-10-14 04:37 AM
    I hope the classic will be a great device. I love the Q10 but I miss the tool belt. If I'm going for a BlackBerry I want it too be classic and featuring all those elements.

If it doesn't meet my expectations I'm going to take a look at the windermere or otherwise heading for the Galaxy Note 4.
    06-11-14 12:31 PM
    I love my BlackBerry Q10, but I don't think it was the perfect combination of old & new.

Being a small phone, selecting words/phrases was more annoying than it should have been. The same with navigating a chaotic web page with a small touch screen. Some times a trackpad was necessary. Not all the time, but some times.

Also it's good having an "end" button, if it does return, because hanging up while making a call seemed more complicated than it needed to be. I'm assuming the resolution will be better than 720x720. I heard it's in the 1440x1440 range.

Also if it has a better battery life, I'm sold.
    06-11-14 01:59 PM
    Q10 would still remain a better choice. A bit of software, interface tweak, adn it is good to go... Classic would be useful for perhaps those who do not want to change their old habits, or have the luxury of all those buttons that they were used to... Change of habits is a difficult thing to achieve....
    Spec Wise- Q10
    User experience - probably q10
    use of phone - can't say
    Ease of taking up a new phone - if you had bb7 or older - definitely Classic,
    If you started with BB10-- Q10
    06-12-14 12:59 PM
    Yup

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 04:36 PM
    Doesn't anybody find it strange that BlackBerry are developing 2 new physical Qwerty phones but only one of them is going to have the tool belt grafted back on to it?

If the tool belt is so great and BB10 is so desperately missing it, why isn't the Windermere phone (Q30) going to get it too?

So, you can have your call accept, call end, menu, back buttons and a trackpad back but you have to suffer a small screen. Or you can have a larger screen but you can't have the tool belt, you get a physical keyboard you can use gestures on instead.

Strikes me that both of these forthcoming physical keyboard phones are experiments. If one of them sells much better than the other then I think that all physical keyboard phones from BlackBerry will use that design and we'll never see the other one again. What would leave BlackBerry with a problem would be the entirely possible result that both phones flop dismally sales wise. What's left to try in the tiny and unpopular physical keyboard smartphone space? Ditch it completely I say if these two phones flop, then full touch all the way.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3175 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    06-12-14 05:12 PM
    No, I would find the Classic better solely because of the toolbelt. I haven't had my Q10 for 6 months, and it's already having problems with the phone not wanting to end a call no matter how many times I touch the screen.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 07:36 PM
    Doesn't anybody find it strange that BlackBerry are developing 2 new physical Qwerty phones but only one of them is going to have the tool belt grafted back on to it?

If the tool belt is so great and BB10 is so desperately missing it, why isn't the Windermere phone (Q30) going to get it too?

So, you can have your call accept, call end, menu, back buttons and a trackpad back but you have to suffer a small screen. Or you can have a larger screen but you can't have the tool belt, you get a physical keyboard you can use gestures on instead.

Strikes me that both of these forthcoming physical keyboard phones are experiments. If one of them sells much better than the other then I think that all physical keyboard phones from BlackBerry will use that design and we'll never see the other one again. What would leave BlackBerry with a problem would be the entirely possible result that both phones flop dismally sales wise. What's left to try in the tiny and unpopular physical keyboard smartphone space? Ditch it completely I say if these two phones flop, then full touch all the way.

Size, size, size, size, size... You notice they also compressed the keyboard into 3 rows? They know it's already crazy wide, so to mitigate that they are trying to make it as short as possible so it's not just a huge device...
    06-13-14 12:58 AM
    Does anyone here feel that Thorsten was right? That the Q10 is the perfect marriage of old and new?

Whenever I pick up my bold to play, I love the hardware, but man bb10 is so much better than bb7.

We can all agree that the classic will be an amazing device for those that love the bold. But has anyone here used a bold, then got a Q10, and has no interest whatsoever in getting a classic?

I'm on the fence. I'll have to wait to read CrackBerry.com and watch some video reviews before I decide.
    You should do more research. The Classic is the Q10, but with a Toolbelt. Same BB10 OS.

Source: I've played with one.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    06-13-14 12:59 AM
    You should do more research. The Classic is the Q10, but with a Toolbelt. Same BB10 OS.

How is it? Trackpad feel right ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-13-14 01:51 AM
    How is it? Trackpad feel right ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Still a work in progress, but a move in the right direction.

06-13-14 07:53 AM

Did you put it side by side with a Q10 and compared size and screen estate? I'm really curious on how a Toolbelt is relevant on the BB10 OS? I wonder if it does also come with OTG =))
    06-13-14 11:25 AM
    Did you put it side by side with a Q10 and compared size and screen estate? I'm really curious on how a Toolbelt is relevant on the BB10 OS? I wonder if it does also come with OTG =))
    Bigger screen. It's relevant for the people that want more precise and reliable text selection.

donemt, anon(4086706) and idssteve like this.
    06-13-14 11:53 AM
    Bigger screen. It's relevant for the people that want more precise and reliable text selection.

How's it feel for "top heavy"? Is it a single handed proposition?
    06-14-14 01:10 PM
    Yes I do

Q10<<Z10<<9900<<9780<<8520
    06-14-14 01:17 PM

Your logic is compelling except for the flawed assumption that abandoning qwerty will somehow improve sales of BBRY "all touch" products. All touch devices currently account for less than 1/3 of BBRY sales. Ditching legacy and current keyboard devices would simply reduce their already dismal sales volume by 2/3. Is BBRY in such an enviable position to be able to do that?

Until BBRY offers an "all touch" device that will attract many millions of NEW consumers from Appledroid, abandoning 2/3 of their existing market is utter folly, IMO. Abandoning existing markets will only make sense for them AFTER that all touch device reliably grabs significant Appledroid market share, and PROVES that volume will persist. The Z just isn't there, by any numbers i have access to, FWIW.
    Last edited by idssteve; 06-14-14 at 02:27 PM.
    06-14-14 01:58 PM
237 1234 ...