I was wondering what everyone's take on the text messaging app....with the hub app I never have a legitimate reason to go to the text messaging app, open, and then read/reply text. At first I had the two apps next to each other on my first page but now the text messaging app keeps getting pushed to the back burner. Should I give it the axe and delete it? What is your situation with the two?
    08-09-15 09:41 AM
    I keep it. I know if there has ever been a real upsetting emergency in my life, I quickly forget things like my phone number LOL. I figure that I would forget what the hub is if an real crisis struck--thus the more places I can find, text app, phone app etc. the better.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-09-15 09:59 AM
    I keep it for one reason. When the hub freezes (it happens often with whatsapp and facebook) I click on the text app to 'unfreeze' it. The text app forces the text section of the hub to load when another section is stuck!

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 10:03 AM
    Well you never used to be able to delete it but I see you can now. To me it's just a shortcut to hub that isn't required so it gets put in the folder titled "Useless" along with the camera, phone, hub, settings, clock and the list goes on. All these things either have a permanent icon already (phone, assistant and camera) or accessible from the swipe down quick menu ( clock, settings, blend etc) or is a quick gesture straight to hub so why would I want extra icons that are, to me, useless

Posted via CB10 on my aging Z30
    08-09-15 11:44 AM
    I put all of the app shortcuts that I don't use in a nice little folder and relegate the folder to page 2 of my apps and it doesn't bother me there...

Posted via CB10
    kitmo likes this.
    08-09-15 01:02 PM
    Love your belt-and-braces approach! :-)

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    08-09-15 01:52 PM
    Delete!!!!

I wish I could delete the phone, camera and help icons.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-15 02:35 PM
    I think they made those apps for android and iphone users, that switch to bb10, since they are so accustomed to opening 80 apps to do what the Hub does with no app. Useless to anyone accustomed to bb10 though.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    Q10Bold and BerryRipe like this.
    08-09-15 07:16 PM
    Love your belt-and-braces approach! :-)

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    Bob I love that phrase i.e. belt-and-braces! I will have to remember it and use it. My 85 year old neighbour used to say that my rescue dogs were "dans le beurre" i.e. were in the butter --meaning they had found a good home. She was Scottish and was full of pithy sayings.
    sully_p likes this.
    08-09-15 08:20 PM
    I think they made those apps for android and iphone users, that switch to bb10, since they are so accustomed to opening 80 apps to do what the Hub does with no app. Useless to anyone accustomed to bb10 though.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 04:37 AM
    I have mines in a "Blackberry Bloat" folder where it holds apps I don't use on a frequent basis.

J Be....Here But Gone...
    08-10-15 05:50 AM
    I put all of the app shortcuts that I don't use in a nice little folder and relegate the folder to page 2 of my apps and it doesn't bother me there...

Posted via CB10
    This is what I do as well. There if I need them but out of the way.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10
    08-10-15 05:58 AM
    You can always download them back to your homescreen later if you need them.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-15 06:07 PM
    I do use it, because I found quite quickly that if I do both e-mails and texts in the Hub, it's easy to get confused as to what I'm looking at or writing at any time - so I disabled texts from the Hub. I don't however use the Texts app icon much, though, as holding down the "S" key as a shortcut is easier.

A matter of taste, of course.
    08-11-15 09:58 AM