According to BlackBerry Canada Online Store - BlackBerry Classic (Pre-Order) , supported LTE bands are only: FD-LTE: 1,2,4,5,7,13,17,25.

Highly disappointed that they didn't include two crucial LTE bands 3 and 20 which would have covered most of Europe and Africa.

On the other hand, Blackberry Passport included band 3 and band 20.... I do not know why they didn't introduce this for the Classic.

Blackberry did not keep international travellers in mind. It was annoying to be stuck to 3G only when I was travelling in Europe with my Z30.

Is it that expensive to add two extra bands? Would have helped with moving and reallocating inventory around.

Blackberry passport covers more bands and would have been good for those that travel to Europe FD-LTE: 1,2,3*,4,5,7,8*,13,17,20*

iPhone 6 covers almost all the bands in the world. (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29)

Will probably not be buying the Blackberry classic. May just switch to iPhone once my Z30 dies...
    Last edited by cooleddie; 11-14-14 at 10:35 PM.
    11-14-14 10:12 PM
    Why don't you just switch to the Passport once your Z30 dies? Even if the Classic supported all bands,.. the move down from the Z30 would be hard to swallow.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    11-14-14 10:18 PM
    Don't like the passport size. I also want the belt back.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    11-14-14 10:22 PM
    Don't like the passport size. I also want the belt back.
    Not sure how an iPhone satisfies either of those.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 11:02 PM
    Not sure how an iPhone satisfies either of those.

Posted via CB10
    I used to be a 9900 and Q10 user.
    I switched to a Z30 and I am quite happy with it. My Z30 is still in excellent condition so got another year of life with it. But I miss the keyboard. The lack of European LTE bands is annoying.
    I told myself the next phone MUST be a world service LTE - supporting both N. American and European bands.
    I would have switched to the Classic but given that I'm giving up a larger screen and still have the lack of European LTE Bands it's not as enticing anymore.
    So I will stick to my Z30.

Then... when my Z30 dies, and the Z31 (or whatever is next) isn't available, I will go for the next best thing on the market - which currently is the iPhone 6....very similar size to the Z30
    11-15-14 10:35 AM
    The other way around, I wonder if the European version will have all the LTE bands included in the US? You might just get lucky.

For me LTE is not that important. I'm not using the phone for browsing that much and for tapatalk alike apps 3g is plenty.
    11-15-14 10:37 AM
    Just didn't understand why they didn't use the same LTE chip/antenna as the Passport...
    11-15-14 12:30 PM
    Just didn't understand why they didn't use the same LTE chip/antenna as the Passport...
    It's integrated as part of the Qualcomm chipset no?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 03:56 PM
    If you choose to store BlackBerry Smartphones & Accessories ? Buy Unlocked Phones, Cases, Chargers, Batteries, Bluetooth Accessories & More it in America:

Keyboard and navigation keys designed for optimal speed and accuracy
    Large square touch screen
    Amazingly fast and astoundingly beautiful web browsing
    A battery that powers through
    Ability to install Android and BlackBerry apps
    Works with GSM Carriers only. Bands include: FD-LTE: 1,2,4,5,7,13,17,25.
    HSPA: 1,2,4,5/6
    This product will not work on Verizon, Sprint, or US Cellular
    NOTE: This device requires a nano SIM card.

If you choose to store BlackBerry Smartphones & Accessories ? Buy Unlocked Phones, Cases, Chargers, Batteries, Bluetooth Accessories & More it in England:

Keyboard and navigation keys designed for optimal speed and accuracy
    Large square touch screen
    Amazingly fast and astoundingly beautiful web browsing
    A battery that powers through
    Ability to install Android and BlackBerry apps
    LTE : 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20
    HSPA+ : 1, 2, 5/6, 8
    Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)

Why so? So will be at least 2 modifications?
    11-17-14 02:28 AM
    Yes, there will be at least two GSM models. One for North America, one for rest of the world.
    Hm, is the one in ShopBlackBerry.com for 'Murica?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 05:56 PM
    The other way around, I wonder if the European version will have all the LTE bands included in the US? You might just get lucky.

For me LTE is not that important. I'm not using the phone for browsing that much and for tapatalk alike apps 3g is plenty.
    Quoting /correcting myself here, I just realized that Classic does seem not have all 3g bands either. It seems like (just like the 9900) it is going to come in a European and US version, with 2x sets of 3g bands.

In that case, I see the light as well as room for improvement too.
    11-18-14 11:03 AM
    If you are that picky about LTE bands 3 and 20, try to buy the AT&T model (SQC100-2.) Problem solved.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-18-14 02:00 PM
    Keep in Mind:
    The BlackBerry Passport only has one Variant so they had to put the radios for every single carrier who would support the passport into it.
    With the BlackBerry Classic they split it up into 4 different variants of the device meaning they don't need to put everything radio in every device that gets expensive.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 02:48 PM
    If you are that picky about LTE bands 3 and 20, try to buy the AT&T model (SQC100-2.) Problem solved.
    When I pre-ordered from ShopBlackBerry.com from the USA, it didn't give me any options for model numbers or different types of BlackBerry Classics. I have T-Mobile USA, so I'm assuming the default one on ShopBlackBerry.com will work.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 03:16 PM
    When I pre-ordered from ShopBlackBerry.com from the USA, it didn't give me any options for model numbers or different types of BlackBerry Classics. I have T-Mobile USA, so I'm assuming the default one on ShopBlackBerry.com will work.
    Yes it will...as long as you don't need LTE bands 3 and 20 LOL.

ShopBB is selling the SQC100-4, which will work very well on North American carriers.
    Qaddafi likes this.
    11-18-14 03:31 PM
    Keep in Mind:
    The BlackBerry Passport only has one Variant so they had to put the radios for every single carrier who would support the passport into it.
    With the BlackBerry Classic they split it up into 4 different variants of the device meaning they don't need to put everything radio in every device that gets expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it will...as long as you don't need LTE bands 3 and 20 LOL.

ShopBB is selling the SQC100-4, which will work very well on North American carriers.
    Benbraun322 and Raino thanks for the info on the 4 versions of the Q20. Looks like the SQC100-2 is the way to go.
    11-19-14 02:12 AM
    Everything is a trade off. I sympathize with OP. Blackberry should be releasing World Phones. This isn't 1998.
    I live in Africa, so does this mean the phone won't work here or does it mean it just won't work in certain areas?

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    11-19-14 05:48 AM
    Don't forget band 12 for T-Mobile 700A spectrum. This will be live soon in many markets and it's a shame neither BlackBerry device supports it.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 06:53 AM
    I live in Africa, so does this mean the phone won't work here or does it mean it just won't work in certain areas?
    If you're still on Vodacom, the SQC100-1 would be better. That's the one being sold by ShopBB Europe.
    11-19-14 09:27 AM
    oh god, you will be limited to 48mbit/s when you are roaming... it must be so frustrating lmao. also, the iphone6 you are mentioning is $900, if the classic cost that much it would have all the radios as well
    raino likes this.
    11-19-14 09:36 AM
    Where does it say the SQC100-2 has LTE band 3 and 20??

Based on my read of this it only has LTE 2, 4, 5, 7, 17. FCC ID L6ARHE150LW Smartphone BlackBerry Limited (Test Report)
    11-23-14 10:17 PM
    Where does it say the SQC100-2 has LTE band 3 and 20??

Based on my read of this it only has LTE 2, 4, 5, 7, 17. FCC ID L6ARHE150LW Smartphone BlackBerry Limited (Test Report)
    Those FCC docs have a tendency to leave out non-North American bands. 2, 4, 5, 17 are all used in the US, and 7 is used in Canada.

I'm basing my information off of posts I've seen here on CB where they dig this kind of information out of OSes. So technically not released-device information, but IMO reliable because 1) the reason above, and 2) AT&T wouldn't mind these bands being in there, as they would, say UMTS 1700.
    11-24-14 12:12 AM
    Blackberry did not keep international travellers in mind. It was annoying to be stuck to 3G only when I was travelling in Europe with my Z30.
    You are absolutely right. That's my biggest problem with the BB10 devices. I have had to buy 2-Z10s and 2-Q10s just because I frequently travel to Europe and Asia from the US. One of the Q10 models I picked up from the Amazon US works perfectly with the T-Mobile USA sim, but doesn't even get data in Asia (only works as a phone). That's terrible! For a company that claims to be catering to the professionals, this is unacceptable at this day and age! I also have a Z30 and just pre-ordered the Classic. From what I am reading above, sounds like the Classic may have the same issue then. I will be willing to pay good money for a truly international PK BB10 device, one with the size/form factor of the Q10 or the Classic!
    WES51 and Mr4aces like this.
    11-25-14 09:08 AM