Has BBOS10 found its way to settings for displaying percentage after the battery symbol on the status bar? Hit me up with directions on how to do it for Classic and Passport. And hit me up if you think it sucks if they haven't yet done so.
    01-04-15 07:02 PM
    Oh and I forgot to add OS for BB I was referring to 10.3.1.****
    01-04-15 07:04 PM
    Swipe up from the bottom of the screen on any home screen, and the battery percentage and cell coverage details will show up

oops edit:

When you swipe down from the top you get coverage details, and date info.
    01-04-15 07:07 PM
    Swipe up and hold for a second, and the battery indicator will show the percentage. This works for all the OS 10 versions.
    Displaying battery % on status bar-img_20150104_193523.png

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces and Fastmarc like this.
    01-04-15 07:37 PM
    Too bad the date doesn't also show when you do that... Wouldn't that have been nice...
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-05-15 01:44 AM
    Try Home Screen Plus.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 07:02 AM
    01-05-15 07:06 AM
    Try Home Screen Plus.

Posted via CB10
    I have, it shows it on the bottom of the screen, right where my thumb covers as I'm swiping up, and it still annoyingly shows the "image set as background" every few hours even though I have bg rotation set off. It should just be a native feature.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-05-15 01:34 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150105_130543.png 
Views:	1007 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	325515
    Yes, that's the hold the phone with one hand while using two fingers from the other hand to swipe down from the top method right? Well, swiping up while using the phone one-handed to see it would be a million times more convenient...

01-05-15 01:36 PM
    And we wonder why good features take so long to get added or never get added. Because we have all of these excuses or we just go "oh, we can do that instead" and settle for something not quite as convenient instead of demanding that the product be improved... Oh well...

Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-05-15 01:38 PM
    What's home screen plus a theme? Got to be an easier way to have it displayed if you so choose the option, I'd rather know % wise what my battery is at then a dam icon of a dead battery. It's nice to tell people the your battery is only at %5 so I have to call you back you know?
    01-05-15 02:51 PM
    What's home screen plus a theme? Got to be an easier way to have it displayed if you so choose the option, I'd rather know % wise what my battery is at then a dam icon of a dead battery. It's nice to tell people the your battery is only at %5 so I have to call you back you know?
    Yah, the only way now is during the swipe up. That home screen plus program has the option to display the battery percentage, but it isn't real time, it refreshes every few hours (displaying an annoying "image set as background" message each time) so if your battery percentage has changed significantly in that time you would not know. I do wish they provided the option to simply show the percentage rather than the icon.

And here comes people saying you can download apps and keep an open frame blah blah blah blah...

Christian Brunette likes this.
    01-05-15 03:08 PM
    I'd rather know % wise what my battery is at then a dam icon of a dead battery. It's nice to tell people the your battery is only at %5 so I have to call you back you know?
    Yup. I'm a numbers guy, and I prefer the the actual percent instead of just the icon.

Posted via CB10
    Christian Brunette likes this.
    01-05-15 04:41 PM
    Too bad the date doesn't also show when you do that... Wouldn't that have been nice...
    Perhaps it's still coming my friend

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 05:16 PM
    Who has a connection to this software development team or Chen for Christ sake, someone needs to get through to these clowns and tell them we want it dam it. More feature we want more OS feature make the device fun as well as intuitive and business at the same time. The phone is already a great device, the software needs more modern improvements and new twists, they have the know how.
    01-05-15 06:50 PM
    Generally I know what day it is. I suppose it's a useful feature for people who've been on a four day bender to Amsterdam though. The calendar app icon displays the current date all the time though.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    01-06-15 03:41 AM
    Generally I know what day it is. I suppose it's a useful feature for people who've been on a four day bender to Amsterdam though. The calendar app icon displays the current date all the time though.

Um, yah, that's the only reason. I must be a real dope that I don't keep the date in my mind all of the time.

Either that, or everyone's minds work differently, like how I can work out complex mathematics equations in my head and I can recite to you all the events of historic battles but I'll likely forget your name at least 3 times before I start to remember it. So sorry if remembering the date isn't something I bother to keep in my mind, I must be really stupid or drunk all of the time. Yep, that has to be it. Not to mention, many times I do "generally" am fairly sure what date it is, but when filling out sensitive documents, I need to be 100% sure so I check anyway. But forget that... Four day bender in Amsterdam, that's the reason. Good thinking bro. :-D

01-06-15 09:51 AM
    Um, yah, that's the only reason. I must be a real dope that I don't keep the date in my mind all of the time.

Either that, or everyone's minds work differently, like how I can work out complex mathematics equations in my head and I can recite to you all the events of historic battles but I'll likely forget your name at least 3 times before I start to remember it. So sorry if remembering the date isn't something I bother to keep in my mind, I must be really stupid or drunk all of the time. Yep, that has to be it. Not to mention, many times I do "generally" am fairly sure what date it is, but when filling out sensitive documents, I need to be 100% sure so I check anyway. But forget that... Four day bender in Amsterdam, that's the reason. Good thinking bro. :-D

If you want to peek at the date by swiping up, just move your thumb to the right a few mm and look at the top date bar in the hub, no need to leave the app, if you need to input the current date on a 'sensitive' document or any other for that matter, just type LD and hit space. If you want the date at a glance, the calendar app icon displays it as well as the lock screen. Ok, it doesn't display the month, but if you can't remember what month you're in then you have serious issues. Personally, the less cramped the bar at the top, the better. Total non issue. For those who intend to complain that the swipe to the right to peek at the hub is an extra step, just swipe diagonally to the right from the bottom of the screen, it's just one swipe but you've only changed the direction of the swipe. I'm sure someone will chime in with "but what if my hub hasn't received any notifications today? How can I see the date?" well, you'd know by the time stamp on the top notification that you received it yesterday and +1 isn't a demanding equation. Also, I don't know about you but it's very rare for me to wake up without having received junk in the night.

01-06-15 11:09 PM
    Yes, that's the hold the phone with one hand while using two fingers from the other hand to swipe down from the top method right? Well, swiping up while using the phone one-handed to see it would be a million times more convenient...

Swiping diagonally from left to right is a single gesture that can easily be done even on a passport with one hand. So you have your million times more convenient gesture just by changing the direction of the swipe.

01-06-15 11:13 PM
    If you want to peek at the date by swiping up, just move your thumb to the right a few mm and look at the top date bar in the hub, no need to leave the app, if you need to input the current date on a 'sensitive' document or any other for that matter, just type LD and hit space. If you want the date at a glance, the calendar app icon displays it as well as the lock screen. Ok, it doesn't display the month, but if you can't remember what month you're in then you have serious issues. Personally, the less cramped the bar at the top, the better. Total non issue. For those who intend to complain that the swipe to the right to peek at the hub is an extra step, just swipe diagonally to the right from the bottom of the screen, it's just one swipe but you've only changed the direction of the swipe. I'm sure someone will chime in with "but what if my hub hasn't received any notifications today? How can I see the date?" well, you'd know by the time stamp on the top notification that you received it yesterday and +1 isn't a demanding equation. Also, I don't know about you but it's very rare for me to wake up without having received junk in the night.

That's only good if you've had a notification that day. So shortly after midnight or maybe (if I'm particularly unpopular that day, lol) early in the morning it wouldn't be correct. I don't like that kind of inconsistency. This is suggested everytime this topic comes up. Simply updating the OS to display the date would be the correct solution, not these "work-arounds" that work "most of the time."
    01-07-15 12:01 AM
    Swiping diagonally from left to right is a single gesture that can easily be done even on a passport with one hand. So you have your million times more convenient gesture just by changing the direction of the swipe.

Um, I don't get it, swiping diagonally from left to right does nothing... Are you talking about the up and right thing to peek into the hub again? How about the possibility that you left the hub scrolled partially down to look for a conversation, so now the top bar will show the wrong date? Again, I don't like "work arounds." I prefer real solutions, like getting BB to understand that they need to actually improve their OS to have more features rather than making up excuses for them... I don't get why so many people seem satisfied to just find these "work arounds" rather than voicing their constructive criticisms so BB will know what to fix and improve on next. If we all just "settle" for what we get, nothing will ever move forward...
    01-07-15 12:05 AM
    Because it is not really a problem for most people, but they may have issues with something else. Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge that it is not perfect for you, and it is certainly more relevant than someone coming on here with a bent phone. Imagine going on to a car site complaining about the build quality of your clearly written off in a collision car, actually expecting to be taken seriously. While nobody on here can help you, it is clearly not impossible for BlackBerry to make their OS output the current date whenever you do absolutely anything with their phones, via the screen or speakers. This would without doubt be helpful to some others, who at any time may find themselves not knowing what day it is.
    01-07-15 08:38 AM
    Has BBOS10 found its way to settings for displaying percentage after the battery symbol on the status bar? Hit me up with directions on how to do it for Classic and Passport. And hit me up if you think it sucks if they haven't yet done so.
    Swipe down from the top half way and will show you percentage!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 11:09 AM