I'm not too fond of my Z30 because it's barely readable under outdoor lighting due to its AMOLED display. I'm thinking about returning it. My iPhone 5s' brightness is great.

Does anyone know what kind of display is used on the Classic? IPS LCD like other "premium" devices?
    02-18-15 09:05 PM
    It's not really the amoled display that makes it dim. It's the way BlackBerry handles brightness. I guess ips is brighter in the sun. But my note 4 gets crazy bright and it's amoled. anyways I think the classic is ips to answer the question

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 09:19 PM
    It's not really the amoled display that makes it dim. It's the way BlackBerry handles brightness. I guess ips is brighter in the sun. But my note 4 gets crazy bright and it's amoled. anyways I think the classic is ips to answer the question

Posted via CB10
    I've had a GS4, wasn't brighter than my z30. Amoled is not anywhere near as bright in direct sunlight. But I really mean direct direct sunlight shining.
    Otherwise it's great too.

And yes classic is LCD
    02-18-15 11:31 PM
    I have two Z30s. One since August of last year and one since November (I love Black Friday). The first one I have the brightness set to minimum and the second one I have the brightness set to half. I have never had any issues reading either one outside in full sunlight. That being said when I am using my cell out side I hold it horizontally (the sun bares down directly on the screen and ambient light sensor) as opposed to vertically. I'm not sure if that would make a difference or not, although I know that is bad for my neck and posture.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 12:00 AM
    The display of the Classic is a LCD.

Only the Z30 and Q10 have an OLED (or how you call it: AMOLED).

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    02-19-15 04:34 AM
    And to add aditional information: The display of the Classic is *way* brighter than Q10/Z30 on the long end. It really is a difference. Also when viewing the screen in the dark, it dims better than both AMOLED displays too.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 08:55 AM