Is there any way to disable the Android Runtime Environment on the Classic, or any device running OS 10 ? This would be great to achieve for those of us that'll never use an Android app on our BB's. Ideas ? Thoughts ?
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    02-05-16 10:12 AM
    No OS way to disable it completely; you can try removing the .bar files from the device but it may have a bit of a fit in the process
    02-05-16 10:17 AM
    No way to do that but why not just NOT use it. Throw the Amazon Store icon into a JUNK folder on your device and never, ever look at it again if you choose. If you don't activate it, it won't bother you.
    02-05-16 10:17 AM
    you can use Sachesi or BRRT to erase the sys.android-shell.xxx.bar file but not the sys.android.xxx.bar (which is a marked Permanent app), after that delete all folders under //misc/android/*** but not the "Photo, Download or DCIM" folder but everything else.
    the sys.amazon.bar files will come back after reboot, but ones you erased this with the tools above, basically there is no need to reboot or shoot down the device for month.
    That way there will no android port or app ever get the chance to start or run on the device and no data traffic will be in the background anymore.
    Sadly the device manager still showing 300kb of memory use during the standby mode of the RT, but nothing else.
    This is the only way I know that you can take the Android part off as much as possible.
    Running my devices that way for over 1/2 a year without troubling or nagging Android.
    Waiting for the day BB taking the RT out of the system or at least let me erase the sys.android.bar like a ordinary bloat app.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 02-05-16 at 11:57 AM.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-05-16 11:21 AM
    Use parental controls.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    02-05-16 12:18 PM
    you can use Sachesi or BRRT to erase the sys.android-shell.xxx.bar file but not the sys.android.xxx.bar (which is a marked Permanent app), after that delete all folders under //misc/android/*** but not the "Photo, Download or DCIM" folder but everything else.
    the sys.amazon.bar files will come back after reboot, but ones you erased this with the tools above, basically there is no need to reboot or shoot down the device for month.
    That way there will no android port or app ever get the chance to start or run on the device and no data traffic will be in the background anymore.
    Sadly the device manager still showing 300kb of memory use during the standby mode of the RT, but nothing else.
    This is the only way I know that you can take the Android part off as much as possible.
    Running my devices that way for over 1/2 a year without troubling or nagging Android.
    Waiting for the day BB taking the RT out of the system or at least let me erase the sys.android.bar like a ordinary bloat app.

That's what I want to do. Do I need desktop software to delete these files you mentioned ? I too would like to not have ART running in the backround or be on the system at all.

To those that mentioned Amazon, Amazon isn't the runtime, it's an app that runs on the environment. I'm may be new here, but not new to devices and tech. Thanks for the suggestions but I'm looking for the more technical answers like this one here that I'm replying back to.
    02-05-16 01:00 PM
    No.
    And you're probably using some apps relying on it anyways ... at least most of "us" do (re: FB, Twitter, ...)
    02-05-16 01:03 PM
    That's what I want to do. Do I need desktop software to delete these files you mentioned ? I too would like to not have ART running in the backround or be on the system at all.

To those that mentioned Amazon, Amazon isn't the runtime, it's an app that runs on the environment. I'm may be new here, but not new to devices and tech. Thanks for the suggestions but I'm looking for the more technical answers like this one here that I'm replying back to.
    you need to download Sachesi or DBBT from CB:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...y-tool-956835/
    found this tool easier to use with more options too than Sachesi, but anyway here it is:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

02-05-16 02:06 PM
    No.
    And you're probably using some apps relying on it anyways ... at least most of "us" do (re: FB, Twitter, ...)
    No Twitter is not relying on the RT, the twitter app that coming with BB10 is native app

02-05-16 02:07 PM
    No Twitter is not relying on the RT, the twitter app that coming with BB10 is native app

Native Twitter has been a pile of crap for what feels like forever.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-05-16 02:09 PM
    Native Twitter has been a pile of crap for what feels like forever.
    still working and does it's job
    LOL

02-05-16 03:00 PM
    hobgoblin1961 for the links - Excellent Thank You !

Options for Linux too. As to be expected, because Linux Rules

My girlfriend is going to hook me up with a Classic for my Birthday next month so then I'll give this a go
    lactose likes this.
    02-06-16 07:11 AM
    cool, you will love the Classic, good luck

02-06-16 07:39 AM
    My girlfriend is going to hook me up with a Classic for my Birthday next month so then I'll give this a go
    She's a keeper bro!

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    02-07-16 02:14 PM

How do I delete all folders under //misc/android/ ? I got my Classic early and have DBBT running on my Linux box. I got the sys.android-shell.xxx.bar file deleted and now I can't figure out where and how to view folders. Also, is it safe to delete native apps ? And finally, any way to at least permanently disable Assist completely, like 100% completely, if not delete entirely ?
    02-11-16 02:00 PM
    How do I delete all folders under //misc/android/ ? I got my Classic early and have DBBT running on my Linux box. I got the sys.android-shell.xxx.bar file deleted and now I can't figure out where and how to view folders. Also, is it safe to delete native apps ? And finally, any way to at least permanently disable Assist completely, like 100% completely, if not delete entirely ?
    to delete the sub /misc/android/*** folder you use the BB-Filemanager, make sure only to keep DSIM, download, movies, music, pictures, both with lower and upper case.
    this folder will be created new after a device reboot and the Amazon app's will return too.

02-12-16 04:01 AM
    A lot of /misc/android is hard links to your media files, so don't delete those.
    02-12-16 09:15 PM
    Dude...
    Google Maps? Google Earth?
    Skype?
    Are you THAT sure you'll never need an Android app again?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 06:17 AM
    to delete the sub /misc/android/*** folder you use the BB-Filemanager, make sure only to keep DSIM, download, movies, music, pictures, both with lower and upper case.
    this folder will be created new after a device reboot and the Amazon app's will return too.

Yeh I figured out the file manager part, I guess it was stupid question time - My Bad.
    02-13-16 08:08 AM
    A lot of /misc/android is hard links to your media files, so don't delete those.
    Ok thanks again for your help.
    02-13-16 08:08 AM
    Dude...
    Skype?

Posted via CB10
    Dude I'm serious, as in like heart attack. If I wanted Android or apps I'd continue using the Android phone I have that after tomorrow will become a media tablet, or buy a Priv. All I want on my main rig is talk, text, email, calendar, notes and a few apps I really need that are either pre-installed native or that I can get in BB World. Lean and Mean.
    02-13-16 08:13 AM
    Dude...
    Skype?

Posted via CB10
    yeb definitely!
    anything that relaying and or start with Google is a nogo area,and Skype are you joking?
    We got BBM who need Skype for what anyway !

02-13-16 12:59 PM
    We got BBM who need Skype for what anyway !
    Communicating with people?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 06:02 PM
    Communicating with people?

Posted via CB10
    BBM with Video chat!

02-14-16 04:32 AM
    Hope we will see ART free BB10 at 10.3.4.
    02-14-16 05:38 AM
30 12