Not if you choose express shipping, at least it was for me. If you leave it on standard shipping it makes you pay, but if you change it to express shipping it doesn't charge you. At least, the email I received told me that I would get complimentary express shipping. I am in the US.

As for me, I pre-ordered on Dec. 10 and only on Fri Dec. 26 did I receive my FedEx tracking number. Two days later, I'm sorta irritated that it's still on "Label created", but whatever. I ordered the Passport as well so if the Classic is too sluggish for my liking I have an alternative.
    Classic won't be too sluggish...the passport will be faster ( better specs)
    12-28-14 03:36 PM
    So canceled Amazon order too (still not shipped) and picked one up locally a Wow! They had a promotion and threw in the leather belt clip and a charging stick and a bunch of other accessories.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 06:09 PM
    So canceled Amazon order too (still not shipped) and picked one up locally a Wow! They had a promotion and threw in the leather belt clip and a charging stick and a bunch of other accessories.

Posted via CB10
    Ur Lucky! I kept my amazon order(will be here tomorrow), and will get a refund for the DR purchase. What country you in and what store did the promo?!?

Posted on my Q10
    12-28-14 08:50 PM
    It is a company called wowmobile.ca
    I am in Canada. They popped up in the malls here.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic on CB10
    12-28-14 10:03 PM
    It is a company called wowmobile.ca
    I am in Canada. They popped up in the malls here.

Places here in the USA have them too, but only in those kiosks in malls that charge way too much for them, lol.

They were selling the Passport for like $1400, and the Classic was probably close to $800 or more, didn't bother to ask, they are always overpriced. I can't believe I see people buying phones from them...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-28-14 10:57 PM
    Places here in the USA have them too, but only in those kiosks in malls that charge way too much for them, lol.

They were selling the Passport for like $1400, and the Classic was probably close to $800 or more, didn't bother to ask, they are always overpriced. I can't believe I see people buying phones from them...

In Canada, they don't sell Blackberrys outright. So once I decided to bight the bullet and renew, they were much less expensive than walking into Rogers. Besides somehow having authority to waive fees, they through in a leather(BlackBerry branded) holster, a portable charger, a wall charger (besides the one packed with the phone), a car charger, a small amplifier, an athletic armband/phone holder and a bluetooth.

12-29-14 12:37 AM
    Mine should be here today...waiting impatiently!!!

Posted on my Q10
    12-29-14 09:58 AM
    They(2 Classics)are finally here!!!! About time..feels like forever!

Posted on my Q10
    12-29-14 06:19 PM
    Good for you. Mine should be in tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 06:59 PM
    Finally! 6 days after canceling....
    Did your preorder from Shopbb ship yet?-img_20141229_214933_edit.png

Posted Via ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    12-29-14 08:55 PM
    I checked FedEx's page. The phone shipped Monday and should be here by Saturday. I didn't get express shipping. So now I'll get it January 3rd. The funny thing is that the free case/shell they offered me will get here on the 31st--before the phone! Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 11:10 PM
    Mine shipped and I thought that my order was cancelled, so I was just going to refuse the order?

Well, they just charged my card and my 2nd Classic is on its way.

Not sure what I'm going to do at this point? I've heard that DR returns are a nightmare? If returning is anything like buying....then I'd rather just keep it lol.

I might post it here in the market place just to recoup some of the funds? Again, unsure right now since my Passport should be here any day now lol! I've got issues....

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 01:18 AM
    Mine shipped and I thought that my order was cancelled, so I was just going to refuse the order?

Well, they just charged my card and my 2nd Classic is on its way.

Not sure what I'm going to do at this point? I've heard that DR returns are a nightmare? If returning is anything like buying....then I'd rather just keep it lol.

I might post it here in the market place just to recoup some of the funds? Again, unsure right now since my Passport should be here any day now lol! I've got issues....

Posted via CB10
    Just refuse the order. May take a while to get a credit back, but you'll get it eventually. I think the "nightmare returns" are more for those situations where you've accepted and/or opened the package. You'll lose $ (obviously) unnecessarily if you keep it and try to resell it.
    12-30-14 01:27 AM
    Just refuse the order. May take a while to get a credit back, but you'll get it eventually. I think the "nightmare returns" are more for those situations where you've accepted and/or opened the package. You'll lose $ (obviously) unnecessarily if you keep it and try to resell it.
    The nightmare returns have nothing to do with being opened or inspected. The problem is Digital River has an awful system. First I was told the USPS lies and just because they say it was delivered, it may not have been so. Then I was told that FEDEX, even with my signature in hand, plays games at times. Honestly, they just suck. I am also about to receive my 2nd Classic that was cancelled and now still sent. For me, I will just sell it on Ebay and not deal with the issues of DR.
    Lefty724 likes this.
    12-30-14 07:51 AM
    Same here RJ. I'd rather just sell it here or on Ebay and lose a couple of dollars rather than go thru the return policy with DR. They'd probably hit me with restocking and other fees anyway?

Again, lesson learned....

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 09:17 AM
    Same here RJ. I'd rather just sell it here or on Ebay and lose a couple of dollars rather than go thru the return policy with DR. They'd probably hit me with restocking and other fees anyway?

Again, lesson learned....

Posted via CB10
    Sell it here, ebay charges too much in fees and other things...

Lefty724 likes this.
    12-30-14 09:56 AM
    Finally! 6 days after canceling....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141229_214933_edit.png 
Views:	350 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	324068

Posted Via ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    Got the same thing yesterday - mine was after 8 days.
    12-30-14 10:17 AM
    Advise to all..just call your bank and have ur funds back in your acct in 24-48hrs! Worked for me! Just refused my DR package and gave the tracking # to the bank. All is good..got my classic and my $$ back from the DR purchase!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    12-31-14 01:56 AM
    Pre-ordered in November and it still has not shipped.

Poetry in Motion
    And still nothing. They sent an email on December 23rd stating all orders would be shipped by the 27th and offered the accessory. It's the 31st, and still nothing. Today was the date listed for those who didn't order in November or pre-order. I'M PISSED.

We appreciate your patience as we worked through the Classic orders.* The majority of the orders have now been shipped and remaining ones will ship today, the 26th & 27th.* Once your order has left the facility, your tracking confirmation will be emailed to you. **We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused you.

Poetry in Motion
    12-31-14 08:12 AM
    Yes weird. I cancelled my order, literally watched the pending charge come off of my account, and I'm still getting emails and a tracking #.

I also just received a email saying for me to pick my free item?

Posted via CB10
    Did you get your phone?

Poetry in Motion
    12-31-14 08:14 AM
    Hey guys, on the shopBB page, it states under features "FEATURES:
    SHIPPING JANUARY 7, 2015"

Is this true ? trying to get my hands on this and amazon is sold out. ShopBB says its in stock, just the 7th Jan part that got me bugged out.
    12-31-14 08:20 AM
    Did you get your phone?

Poetry in Motion
    No. Tracking # says it'll be here Jan 07. I've emailed DR to try and cancel the order while it's still in shipment but nothing....

At this point, I give up on trying to return it. Chaulk it up as a loss and move on. Lesson learned.

I might just end up keeping the phone if I don't sell it on here, Ebay, or CL?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 09:16 AM
    You guys that are complaining about DR, just CALL YOUR BANK AND MAKE A CLAIM! Call them and tell them the truth, you ordered something over a month ago and don't have your item yet. They will immediately file a claim, and put your money in your account while they "research". If your phone from DR comes while they do their "research", just "return to sender" and your done! You will have your money back b4 DR gets their phone back!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    12-31-14 11:49 AM
    This is unacceptable and embarrassing for BlackBerry. In a different thread before the release, a member mentioned that a BB rep said that they are locked into their contract with Digital River. With all of these complaints, I assume that BB can cite violation of the contract and strike one up with Amazon.
    Vintage123 likes this.
    12-31-14 12:46 PM
    Well I finally got my Classic today at 4:30 pm CST.

It's a nice phone. I like the size: not too wide, not too narrow. The weight is perfect. I don't know why some people think it's too heavy. The keyboard has a nice click to it. Coming from the Passport I really wish I could swipe up with this keyboard LOL. The trackpad is very useful. Selecting text and navigation is a breeze.

I just hope I don't run into the same problems I did with previous BlackBerry phones: random reboots, can't hear the other person on the line, double typing. I know all phones will eventually fail, but I hope this one lasts me at least a year before it starts. My 9900 lasted almost two years before it started having double typing issues.

All this typing was just to get a feel for the keyboard. I like it.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A and Vintage123 like this.
    01-03-15 08:05 PM
276 ... 89101112