because I cancelled early enough they sent me the phone with 3 others email to how to return it...Because amazon.ca would have send it in Jan i kept the one from DR...never again with them
    12-24-14 05:51 PM
    FedEx called back later stating they could not update my address after all. The company (originator) contract don't allow it. I understood. Digital River has beaten me down to a pulp. FedEx said I can pick it up with ID - so I drove the 30 minutes to their shipping center and picked it up.

I have it now. I guess that's all that matters at this point.

First impression: it is much bigger than I expected. The trackpad is much smaller than I expected. Overall - I'm a happy camper. I love it! Will give further details after I've played with it for a few days.
    geekaren likes this.
    12-24-14 07:14 PM
    FedEx called back later stating they could not update my address after all. The company (originator) contract don't allow it. I understood. Digital River has beaten me down to a pulp. FedEx said I can pick it up with ID - so I drove the 30 minutes to their shipping center and picked it up.

I have it now. I guess that's all that matters at this point.

First impression: it is much bigger than I expected. The trackpad is much smaller than I expected. Overall - I'm a happy camper. I love it! Will give further details after I've played with it for a few days.
    Good for you, you will love it man. I love mine.

I know others have had good experiences with ShopBB, I have not. I've learned my lesson and will not be dealing with them again.

Will look forward to your Classic experience.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Lefty724; 12-26-14 at 09:13 PM.
    bborgimicks likes this.
    12-24-14 07:24 PM
    Call me impatient, call me what u want! I cancelled my order and made another one through Amazon! I paid through Paypal on shoppBB so I'm covered. Worst case scenario is I have to take 5 mins out of my day to call the bank to have that $$ from DR back in my acct in 24hrs! DIGITAL RIVER SUCKS!! Always use Amazon lesson learned..I have used amazon faithfully for yrs, never a problem! Oh and FYI, Paypal said they have been getting complaints about Digital River and will be BANNED soon!

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you're being impatient at all! I gave up too (on my Passport order that is)- and glad I did. TWO days after ordering my Passport from Amazon, I had it in my hands.

The stress and aggravation that Digital River has caused many of us is uncalled for and unwarranted. They nearly zapped out all the zip of excitement I had about my new BB phones with their incompetence. Being nice and polite on the phone to a customer only goes so far. Eventually you have to deliver or your word means nothing and my trust in you forever destroyed.

Best to just switch your customer relationship to a vendor who is more reliable and cut your losses. Amazon all the way! Good luck!
    12-24-14 08:25 PM
    because I cancelled early enough they sent me the phone with 3 others email to how to return it...Because amazon.ca would have send it in Jan i kept the one from DR...never again with them
    I did the same thing. Went ahead and kept it though they shipped it after I cancelled. Amazon was still in pre-order status, so I took the chance. You'll be amazed at the wonderful quick delivery service of Amazon - at least I was with my Passport order. Good luck!
    12-24-14 08:46 PM
    Finally! Keep in mind, that I ordered it from Amazon and had it the next day. It was pre-ordered from Digital River on the 17th of November. After 3 attempts to cancel the ShopBB order, and 3 times being rejected and told to just refuse it, I tried one more time after reading that some people have been able to cancel it. Here is Digital Rivers response from last night... Not that I care but I bet it still ships

Dear Rjurman,

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We sincerely apologize for the delay of the shipment due to the reason
    of the high demand of the product

Per your request, we have cancelled order 9455136535 and your credit
    card will not be charged. You may still receive an order confirmation
    email since this is generated as soon as the order is completed.

We appreciate your business with us.

Sincerely,
    Joni B.
    BlackBerry online store
    Customer Service
    [email protected]
    Email ID: 29045078
    12-25-14 06:56 AM
    It's good you got something in writing though...in case they still manage to screw the cancellation up. I still haven't received my cancellation confirmation for the Passport. I gave up, but maybe the 4th time will be charm for me too.
    12-26-14 03:28 PM
    Mine still hasnt been shipped.

I've been upset for so long about this that I almost don't care if I never get this phone as long as I get my money back.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 04:41 PM
    I'm in the US of Murrica. I ordered on Christmas and haven't received a shipping or delivery confirmation yet. Is that bad news? :S

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 08:26 PM
    Mine still hasnt been shipped.

I've been upset for so long about this that I almost don't care if I never get this phone as long as I get my money back.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, I gave up on the shopBB/Digital River on Christmas Eve. I was about to call and cancel the order through DR, when I realized I could just call the bank, tell them about DR's shady practices and have my $ back in 24hrs(which I advise all of you to do). I quickly was reminded I paid through Paypal, so I was covered by them also($$ back guarantee). Long story short, ordered from Amazon on Christmas eve when they had 14 left and I got my shipping email already! If I grow impatient w/ Paypal getting my refund from DR(10 days), I'll just call my bank and get it back almost immediately!

Posted on my Q10
    12-26-14 08:29 PM
    I'm in the US of Murrica. I ordered on Christmas and haven't received a shipping or delivery confirmation yet. Is that bad news? :S

Posted via CB10
    Your most likely not going to see yours till mid-Jan.

Posted on my Q10
    12-26-14 08:31 PM
    Your most likely not going to see yours till mid-Jan.

Posted on my Q10
    I just got off the phone with them and I was informed I will receive my phone between the 2nd and the 6th of Jan.

I ordered on 25th which is a holiday so I wasn't Processed. Today it was processed. Will be shipped the 29th. It takes 3-5 business day. 31st and 1st are holidays. So yeah.

That stinks to order on holiday season lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 09:29 PM
    I got a shipping confirmation about 20 minutes ago. Yay! The link on the FedEx site says a label has been created, so hasn't actually shipped. Hopefully it gets here by Tuesday at the latest.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:04 PM
    Same here, even though my order has been cancelled?

I hope they don't charge my card....

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 10:32 PM
    Just got mine shipping confirmation a couple of hours ago. Finally!

Should be delivered on tuesday. That seems like an eternity.
    slagman5 likes this.
    12-26-14 10:35 PM
    Just got mine shipping confirmation a couple of hours ago. Finally!

Should be delivered on tuesday. That seems like an eternity.
    Wow, hopefully you've learned to not shop from them anymore, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    hnguyen likes this.
    12-27-14 07:13 AM
    Finally! Keep in mind, that I ordered it from Amazon and had it the next day. It was pre-ordered from Digital River on the 17th of November. After 3 attempts to cancel the ShopBB order, and 3 times being rejected and told to just refuse it, I tried one more time after reading that some people have been able to cancel it. Here is Digital Rivers response from last night... Not that I care but I bet it still ships

Dear Rjurman,

Thank you for contacting the BlackBerry online store.

We sincerely apologize for the delay of the shipment due to the reason
    of the high demand of the product

Per your request, we have cancelled order 9455136535 and your credit
    card will not be charged. You may still receive an order confirmation
    email since this is generated as soon as the order is completed.

We appreciate your business with us.

Sincerely,
    Joni B.
    BlackBerry online store
    Customer Service
    [email protected]
    Email ID: 29045078
    Confirmed as I reply to my own quote. I just received 4 emails. One confirming that they were unable to cancel it. This after the above. The 2nd was one confirming the order and shipping info, and then two sending me instructions for the return, and oh, my card has already been charged. Digital River sucks. I hate to always complain about them but they are just such an awful company that I can't believe a fractured Blackberry continues to use them and make them look bad.
    12-27-14 07:22 AM
    Confirmed as I reply to my own quote. I just received 4 emails. One confirming that they were unable to cancel it. This after the above. The 2nd was one confirming the order and shipping info, and then two sending me instructions for the return, and oh, my card has already been charged. Digital River sucks. I hate to always complain about them but they are just such an awful company that I can't believe a fractured Blackberry continues to use them and make them look bad.
    Exactly same situation with you, I just totally agree with you.
    I ordered classic to an address of a forwarding agency. Agency said it's impossible to refuse the specifed delivery.
    For me, Digital River absolutely sucks.
    12-27-14 08:23 AM
    I got the same email..still going to refuse the package! Just to send a message.. I already called Paypal And my bank, so no worries about the refund! Lesson learned..stick w/ Amazon or store-front.

Posted on my Q10
    hnguyen likes this.
    12-27-14 09:38 PM
    Yes weird. I cancelled my order, literally watched the pending charge come off of my account, and I'm still getting emails and a tracking #.

I also just received a email saying for me to pick my free item?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:45 PM
    I got no confirmation of cancelation; no charge on my credit card; no tracking information but I did just receive the code for a free item.

Posted via QCB10
    12-28-14 05:28 AM
    Pre-ordered in November and it still has not shipped.

Poetry in Motion
    12-28-14 06:43 AM
    Yes weird. I cancelled my order, literally watched the pending charge come off of my account, and I'm still getting emails and a tracking #.

I also just received a email saying for me to pick my free item?

Posted via CB10
    The item is free but you will still be charged shipping.
    Same here. I just hope the package comes with a required signature. Returns at Digital River are an absolutely nightmare as I have posted on several occasions. Mine is showing as Fedex Smartpost so I assume it will not need one
    Last edited by RJurman; 12-28-14 at 11:09 AM.
    12-28-14 08:18 AM
    Mine is FedEx too, I was able to get online and have them keep the phone at the nearest FedEx office andd not deliver to my house. Figured if it wasnt supposed to be signed for, that it would be easier to "return to sender" if it's still @ fedex!

Posted on my Q10
    RJurman likes this.
    12-28-14 01:36 PM
    The item is free but you will still be charged shipping.
    Not if you choose express shipping, at least it was for me. If you leave it on standard shipping it makes you pay, but if you change it to express shipping it doesn't charge you. At least, the email I received told me that I would get complimentary express shipping. I am in the US.

As for me, I pre-ordered on Dec. 10 and only on Fri Dec. 26 did I receive my FedEx tracking number. Two days later, I'm sorta irritated that it's still on "Label created", but whatever. I ordered the Passport as well so if the Classic is too sluggish for my liking I have an alternative.
    12-28-14 03:19 PM
276 ... 7891011 ...