based on the post above I just called Digital River and was successful in cancelling my order (I think...still waiting on return of funds). The rep on the phone said they were out of stock and that they should start shipping again soon....so the stall tactic over the last few days about it already being in process was no true. She couldn't explain why I ordered on Nov 14 and still hadn't received when other who ordered after me have. I have since ordered from Telus online and should have the phone tomorrow or Monday.
    Your welcome

Posted via QCB10
    12-23-14 03:42 PM
    How were you successful at canceling yours? Mine was ordered in mid November and I have called them, and had two case emails to cancel mine since I already own it from Amazon. I was told all three times that it can't be cancelled and I should just refuse it when it comes. This scares me as well since I have had a recent issue with Digital River on a return.
    Just luck in getting the right customer rep....they gave me a confirmation # for the call...I will feel better once the money is returned.

Posted via CB10
    RJurman likes this.
    12-23-14 03:47 PM
    How were you successful at canceling yours? Mine was ordered in mid November and I have called them, and had two case emails to cancel mine since I already own it from Amazon. I was told all three times that it can't be cancelled and I should just refuse it when it comes. This scares me as well since I have had a recent issue with Digital River on a return.
    That would infuriate me to no end. I'd dispute the charge on my credit card. File an unauthorized transaction. No way would I let them refuse to cancel an order so they could hang on to my money for another month.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:53 PM
    So the saga continues. After supposedly canceling the order successfully (hours ago), I just received this:

Did your preorder from Shopbb ship yet?-img_20141223_170027.png

Posted via QCB10
    jas1978 likes this.
    12-23-14 04:02 PM
    Just got that email too.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 04:05 PM
    I got that email too..

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 06:47 PM
    I got that email as well and my order was cancelled and the money was put back into my account.

Weird...

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 08:01 PM
    Me too...I called them too. (as I cancelled this morning)...they don't have a sniff.
    12-23-14 08:16 PM
    Just got the same email as well
    12-23-14 08:54 PM
    Amazon is in stock now.. guarantees delivery on Monday the 29th. If I don't get a shipping email by Friday from DR, I'm canceling and ordering 2 more on Amazon! No need b*tch about it anymore, Im def not gonna get it by christmas so I might as well wait and see if that last email was BS.

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 likes this.
    12-23-14 08:54 PM
    So the saga continues. After supposedly canceling the order successfully (hours ago), I just received this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141223_170027.png 
Views:	454 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	322649

Posted via QCB10
    I ordered on Dec 5th, and I also just got that email today. I am rocking the Passport so I'm in no rush to get the Classic (I even selected regular shipping instead of expedited shipping). I would like it before the end of the year, though. And now I get a free case with the Classic!
    12-23-14 08:58 PM
    I have both cases, go with the shell if you want protection and ready access.. go for the pocket if you are a pocket fan, like the look and can live with unprotected edges.. just like the bold..

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 10:33 PM
    Well...I ordered it. Then cancelled after waiting weeks for a Red Passport that has yet to show any signs of delivery (no shipment confirmation, nada) There was no reason to believe that the Classic pre-order would not go the same way. So I cancelled the order and pre-ordered with Amazon.

Lo and behold....last night, I received a Classic shipment confirmation email AND a Classic cancel confirmation email. Both emails contained the SAME sent time. (huh??)

Digital River (Shop BlackBerry) said if I reject the shipment, they will refund me the money paid - otherwise they will charge me. That's easier said than done given they can't seem to get my full address on the shipping label...so who knows where it will end up. <sigh>

Decided it was better to just let the package go where ever it ends up. This meant I had to make a mad rush to cancel my Amazon order of the Classic. Was easy enough to do since it hadn't been shipped and was still in a pre-order status. Now only to see if the Classic actually makes it into my hands. <sigh>

If I am lucky it will end up at the AT&T store and they will call me since I have an account with them. If I'm unlucky - I'll be working with FedEx and Digital River (ugh) over the holidays tracking down the Classic and the accessories. (y'all pray for me - it's gonna be a bumpy ride - methinks!)

On a more positive note, I ordered my Red Passport through Amazon the same time I ordered my Classic. It seems like my Red Passport is on it's way - shipment is en-route! Yeah! Strange though that Amazon was able to ship it the day after I ordered it where as after more than 2 1/2 weeks, Digitial River couldn't manage to send a shipment confirmation. Something seriously wrong at DR. That the Classic would get shipped and confirmed before an order that was made over two weeks ago. Go figure.
    12-23-14 11:27 PM
    My theory.. Instead of all the Nov pre-orders getting first dibs on the 1st round of shipments, they all went to Amazon, because Amazon probably paid for a lot of them upfront for like $350/piece! Next in line was Canadians..then all the rest of us. Other were just lucky inside the US if they ordered from BlackBerry and got theirs already..

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 11:35 PM
    [QUOTE=zmsox;11188989]My shipment is on hold. Nobody knows why.

Attachment 322551

Did you choose express delivery because your tracking is completely different from mine.
    12-24-14 06:46 AM
    My theory.. Instead of all the Nov pre-orders getting first dibs on the 1st round of shipments, they all went to Amazon, because Amazon probably paid for a lot of them upfront for like $350/piece! Next in line was Canadians..then all the rest of us. Other were just lucky inside the US if they ordered from BlackBerry and got theirs already..

Posted via CB10
    You're probably right. I ordered through Digital River (Shop Blackberry) before, and had no problems - I waved about their service - based on my past experience, it was the best! But this time, the customer service folks were always very nice as they told me it would be shipped this week for the 3rd week in a row. (sarcasm). I was so livid on Monday - I cancelled everything. Maybe enough people cancelled the Passport pre-orders that they figured they had to do a better job shipping out the Classic. It seems to me if an item is in-stock, DR have no problem getting the item shipped out in a timely manner. If is back-ordered - forget about it. Apparently, they just take the orders and send the shipping info to the warehouse. Outside of that, they don't have a clue and they can't follow up or do anything for that matter except apologize, make up another phony expected shipping date or cancel your order for you.

Anyways, I'm very glad the Classic ATLEAST got shipped.
    12-24-14 09:27 AM
    So, I pre ordered mine on 11/14 and it still hasn't shipped. Why can't BBRY get this right?
    I think the problem is not BlackBerry, but Digital River. The people at DR kept saying "...we are just another vendor like Amazon...". Amazon is doing something right that DR can't seem to get right. I really think the pre-orders don't always make it to BB from DR. Reason I say this, is in my MANY conversations with various DR customer service reps, they all indicate they have NO communication with the BB shipping department - that DR is just the one of many BB vendors and they just send the orders but have no way of tracking down the status of the order that was sent to the warehouse. It may be me...but that just seem wrong.

The other reason why I say this, is that with my Red Passport pre-order, I ordered other accessory items. The items that were actually in stock actually was sent and received in a timely manner. But for the pre-ordered phone, I NEVER got a shipping confirmation. I wonder if DR has to pay upfront for the phone. Is it a cash flow problem with DR. I don't know. But clearly something is very wrong and BB takes the fall because the shopping link from BB shop website goes directly to DR which bears BB name. I wonder if BB is even aware of the disappointed customers that have ordered through DR.

I just think it's strange that Amazon gets this ordering thing soooo right and Digital River seem to get it soooo wrong. The Red Passport shows in-stock on Shop BlackBerry (Digital River) - but up until I cancelled - I still hadn't received a shipping confirmation. I order from Amazon and it gets shipped the next day??
    12-24-14 10:20 AM
    I got a call earlier from FedEx, but when I answered they hung up - or I hung up. Not sure which - was in a sleep fog. I checked the tracking which indicated the package was in "Delivery Exception". I called and they said it was in delivery exception due to an incorrect address (duh). I gave them the FULL address - the one that Digital River couldn't seem to print on the label or get corrected themselves despite the fact that they had the FULL address on the invoice. <sigh>

Anywhoo - corrected the address with FedEx and now it is on its way. I hope they deliver it today, but I probably won't get it until Friday (26th) - close enough. My Passport is currently out for delivery which means I will get it sometime this afternoon. So excited!
    12-24-14 10:50 AM
    Not here yet. So much rage. So much rage!!!!
    I feel ya! Couldn't help but laugh because I soooo get it!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:27 AM
    It's called cash flow DR is using your $$ to assist their cash flow. Common practice 8 years ago, but service companies like Amazon has made their CS the standard.

It was over 8 years since the last time I ordered from Amazon. Very impressed. I only wish I would have done a 30 day free trial of Prime. And my phone would have been here sooner. I also applied for a cc and opted for 6 easy payments.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting you wrote this because it is very clear to me something is really wrong at Digital River. Something is fishy. Unfortunately, they are giving BlackBerry a bad name. Ordering through Amazon was amazing. Smooth and easy. It seems that pre-ordering with DR is very risky business. Too risky for me.
    12-24-14 11:43 AM
    [QUOTE=xiomo;11191921]
    My shipment is on hold. Nobody knows why.

Attachment 322551

Did you choose express delivery because your tracking is completely different from mine.
    Yes, I've chosen express delivery.
    But anyway, I have ordered from amazon usa one classic, they delivered to borderlinx, after two days the package arrived in London.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:43 AM
    I must apologize to shopBb for thinking and saying that they were crap. The Classic was announced a Wednesday at 10 am and I received my order Friday at 10:30 am. Pretty efficient.

 Classic
    It's pretty great that you altered your statement when personal experience warranted it. Nothing more beautiful than when someone can admit they made a mistake. Beautiful!

Unfortunately, my experience still screams...they are crapola! LOL. To me, just because my classic shipped in a timely manner doesn't mean anything. I never got a shipment date for the Red Passport I pre-ordered. It also seemed those who pre-ordered the Classic are still waiting for a shipping confirmation. I pre-ordered just before the release day- so why would my Classic ship before those who pre-ordered back in November? If I was in their shoes, I would be pretty freakin' pissed right about now.
    12-24-14 11:57 AM
    It's pretty great that you altered your statement when personal experience warranted it. Nothing more beautiful than when someone can admit they made a mistake. Beautiful!

Unfortunately, my experience still screams...they are crapola! LOL. To me, just because my classic shipped in a timely manner doesn't mean anything. I never got a shipment date for the Red Passport I pre-ordered. It also seemed those who pre-ordered the Classic are still waiting for a shipping confirmation. I pre-ordered just before the release day- so why would my Classic ship before those who pre-ordered back in November? If I was in their shoes, I would be pretty freakin' pissed right about now.
    And we are...pissed that is!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 01:16 PM
    Call me impatient, call me what u want! I cancelled my order and made another one through Amazon! I paid through Paypal on shoppBB so I'm covered. Worst case scenario is I have to take 5 mins out of my day to call the bank to have that $$ from DR back in my acct in 24hrs! DIGITAL RIVER SUCKS!! Always use Amazon lesson learned..I have used amazon faithfully for yrs, never a problem! Oh and FYI, Paypal said they have been getting complaints about Digital River and will be BANNED soon!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 04:52 PM
    i'm still waiting for mine
    12-24-14 05:02 PM
276 ... 678910 ...