This message keeps popping up at even intervals every time I put the phone into the docking station hooked up to the computer - unless I pull the USB cable out and plug it back in a few times. That only helps if the gizmo is set to 'charge only'. Sometimes, a message reading 'drivers not found' also pops up for a split-second (drivers aren't available for my Mac so I can't install them). Is it OK to disregard this and just leave it plugged in? The issue reminds me of some iPhones which wouldn't connect using certain third-party cables - in that case, the phone would start and stop charging rapidly (as if the cable were being plugged in and out very quickly), which would likely damage the circuitry eventually.
    Last edited by Al3xander M; 04-20-21 at 10:45 AM.
    04-18-21 11:05 AM
    This message keeps popping up at even intervals every time I put the phone onto the dock station hooked up to the computer - unless I pull the USB cable out and plug it back in a few times. That only helps if the gizmo is set to 'charge only'. Sometimes, a message reading 'drivers not found' also pops up for a split-second (drivers aren't available for my Mac so I can't install them). Is it OK to disregard this and just leave it plugged in? The issue reminds me of some iPhones which wouldn't connect using certain third-party cables - in that case, the phone would start and stop charging rapidly (as if the cable were being plugged in and out very quickly), which would likely damage the circuitry eventually.
    Sounds like there may be a connection issue, are all contacts clean and cables all plugged in firmly?
    04-18-21 03:38 PM
    I'd say so - the e-book reader does just fine in the same dock
    04-18-21 03:41 PM
    Guess you were kind of right - the Classic had sat on its Belkin dock connected to a USB hub for a while, and the message would pop up from time to time. The charging had been rather slow, and the back of the phone had got rather warm. Then I plugged the dock in into a USB port on the computer, and the battery meter went straight from about 80 per cent to 100 (!). Just magic
    04-20-21 10:49 AM