How to do a Device Backup to SD Card?

I used to be able to do this on my older Bold. I don't seem to can find SD backup option. Only to computer option is available. I wonder why they would remove this feature on newer models.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 05:45 PM
    Since that has never been a native option, I will go ahead and say you need to go to BlackBerry World and download an app (like you did on the Bold and don't remember).
    08-15-15 05:56 PM
    I had actually bought the bold used. The option was called "Device Switch". I will look it up on avalon thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 06:59 PM
    I had actually bought the bold used. The option was called "Device Switch". I will look it up on avalon thanks.
    You'll find "the option" in BlackBerry World.

Also, very BAD practive not wiping a second hand device clean after you buy it.
    08-15-15 07:47 PM
    You'll find "the option" in BlackBerry World.

Also, very BAD practive not wiping a second hand device clean after you buy it.
    @diegonel
    Great info have you used Backup Pro? Or has anybody used it? Don't mind paying the $5.00 but sometimes the more you spend on an app the worst it is.

I "assume" you know your signature information does not show up when viewing via CB10. Just another fix that will never happen. Did not know these helpful links. Thank you.
    08-16-15 12:19 PM
    Why do I get this screen always when I try to download Backup Pro from "Blackberry World"?
    [Device Backup] - How to back up device directly to SD Memory Card-img_20150817_120747.png

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 11:09 AM
    Why do I get this screen always when I try to download Backup Pro from "Blackberry World"?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150817_120747.png 
Views:	369 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	367189
    Well then you have two options: Connect to WiFi or allow BBWorld to download over carrier data (swipe from top, settings).
    08-18-15 08:37 AM
    @diegonei <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Great info have you used Backup Pro? Or has anybody used it? Don't mind paying the $5.00 but sometimes the more you spend on an app the worst it is.

I "assume" you know your signature information does not show up when viewing via CB10. Just another fix that will never happen. Did not know these helpful links. Thank you.
    Yeah, they had the brilliant idea of not using the forums signature and instead allowing people to add custom ones.

No I had no. I don't really rely on local backups, everything of importance is safely in sync so device lost is never equal as data loss. I am positive you can find some threads here about that though (might take a bit of searching, so I suggest doing google - "keyword keyword site:forums.crackberry.com", faster/better than the forum search engine).
    08-18-15 08:42 AM
    Yeah, they had the brilliant idea of not using the forums signature and instead allowing people to add custom ones.

No I had no. I don't really rely on local backups, everything of importance is safely in sync so device lost is never equal as data loss. I am positive you can find some threads here about that though (might take a bit of searching, so I suggest doing google - "keyword keyword site:forums.crackberry.com", faster/better than the forum search engine).
    The signature and the search function is only a few of many.

Searching on CB is like searching for the needle in a hay stack.

But thanks anyway.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 10:49 AM
    I will put this out there: downloaded ultimate backup several weeks ago. It has performed very well. It will back up to SD card, email the back ups to you in zip format and has ability to encrypt the zip files.

My. 02

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    08-18-15 11:41 PM
    Na, more like a 5c.
    08-19-15 11:17 AM